Lydia Millen #30 Greenhouse tightwad, Ali's lil' tripod and the comment assassin squad

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes 100%. I know that I can slip back into these habits if not interacting with other people and places, and the lockdown really affected me in this regard. I am also self employed and when I don't interact with other people for too long I just get paralysed and caught up in some perfectionist/anxiety state. I get hyper focused on cleaning my house, constantly organising and rearranging cupboards, furniture etc. for hours every day. If I had the money / begging abilities I would probably also be repainting, buying furniture, trying out new things all the time. The best thing Lydia can do for her own wellbeing is get out the house and expand or interact with her friendship circle as much as possible. Obviously it is hard during lockdown but there are still ways of interacting with people even if online. I also saw this behaviour with my grandma, who in the last five or so years of her life didn't leave the house and was obsessed with cleaning and rearranging. It is like a comfortable cabin fever, you start off fine and don't have these issues but maybe some underlying anxiety, then the more you are at home you don't know you are going mad because you are in your bubble doing things you think you enjoy - but in reality you are creating and masking serious anxieties, perfectionism issues and increasing mental health problems that then rear up when you try to do anything out of the bubble.
I'm glad you are doing better. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Good morning everyone! Thank you for the new thread, @Magee. 😘 Was anyone else sitting behind their screen last night silently egging someone on to create a new one? Nope... just me then. 😊😅 I had a well good post to post you see, just perfect for a new thread and now I can't even remember wth it was :rolleyes: I didn't even jot it down.

Here's to chapter 30!! 🍾🍾🎉
Yes me! 🙄 😂 I thought it wouldn't be right to start a thread with my own title idea though! 🤔🤔🤔 and I was sulking because of my demotion 😭😭😭
Thanks for a brilliant title @Magee and intro @Elle Belle!❤

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yes 100%. I know that I can slip back into these habits if not interacting with other people and places, and the lockdown really affected me in this regard. I am also self employed and when I don't interact with other people for too long I just get paralysed and caught up in some perfectionist/anxiety state. I get hyper focused on cleaning my house, constantly organising and rearranging cupboards, furniture etc. for hours every day. If I had the money / begging abilities I would probably also be repainting, buying furniture, trying out new things all the time. The best thing Lydia can do for her own wellbeing is get out the house and expand or interact with her friendship circle as much as possible. Obviously it is hard during lockdown but there are still ways of interacting with people even if online. I also saw this behaviour with my grandma, who in the last five or so years of her life didn't leave the house and was obsessed with cleaning and rearranging. It is like a comfortable cabin fever, you start off fine and don't have these issues but maybe some underlying anxiety, then the more you are at home you don't know you are going mad because you are in your bubble doing things you think you enjoy - but in reality you are creating and masking serious anxieties, perfectionism issues and increasing mental health problems that then rear up when you try to do anything out of the bubble.
Same here :(

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What did they do to the chard ? Why have they only cooked the stems? Where did the leaves go? Also AD PRESS PRODUCT for CHARD (and those raw potatoes!) 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️😂😂 when will this influencer BS end!
Also did anybody notice them frying artichoke out of a jar? I must have led a very sheltered life because I've never done that....on the other hand I'm not going to take food advice from somebody who only tried avocado recently, eats raw potato and throws away all but the stalk of chard! 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Yes me! 🙄 😂 I thought it wouldn't be right to start a thread with my own title idea though! 🤔🤔🤔 and I was sulking because of my demotion 😭😭😭
Thanks for a brilliant title @Magee and intro @Elle Belle!❤
Title was all Elle Belle in all her witty glory - just realised my first faux pas of thread hosting - not crediting for the title!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
He gives off a bad vibe. If we think about his target demographic, it will primarily consist of young girls. Too young. In the insta pix I could bear looking at, he’s trying (but failing abysmally) to project sex eyes. How would that appeal to men?!? Those Aldi eyes are for girls half of Lydiot’s age. At least “Char Darling” sometimes casts his eyes askance. He has more to lose. Aldi is trying to project his testosterone (minute amount of it) and pheromones onto those young girls because Lydiot has made his balls into handbags/gardening bag.The young girls are ego building for him.
In all honesty I think Ali's target demographic might lean more towards gay men. Which is totally fine... just my opinion. I don't think he is gay though. Just my humble opinion... ☺

Reactions: 17
In all honesty I think Ali's target demographic might lean more towards gay men. Which is totally fine... just my opinion. I don't think he is gay though. Just my humble opinion... ☺
Wasn’t he tagging gay men’s magazines in his Instagram photos at one point?

Reactions: 14
Here it is!!!!! Honestly I can’t get over how vile she comes across in this
I feel like she was talking in a strange affected faux accent in this video too.

Honestly what is it with her and that BLOODY FIRE!!! Does she ever not have it on. I am literally 29 minutes down the road from Lidl and it is 23.5 degrees Celsius/75 degrees Fahrenheit, give me strength 🙄
Is it a real fire do we think, or a fake one? If it’s real she must spend her life cleaning out ashes.

Reactions: 4
Aldi has gotten way creepier since moving into the house but especially in lockdown whereas I've grown to like Charlie in his new role of gardener, cook, housekeeper. I have a mansplainer of my own who sometimes has limited social skills so I find it endearing. Out of two, Aldi is now much faker and booooring.
Mansplainer.... LOL!!! I had no idea there was a term for this. Such smart ladies you lot are! (y) Yes, it can be endearing on the right person. ;)

Reactions: 8
I feel like she was talking in a strange affected faux accent in this video too.

Is it a real fire do we think, or a fake one? If it’s real she must spend her life cleaning out ashes.
She must be desperate if she’s flogging code8 beauty, a beauty brand with only 14k followers. No one wants you Lidl.
Also, I think it is a real fire, but she’ll get one of her slaves to clean it out.

Reactions: 12
Also the fact that this woman is 32(?) and has never cooked or eaten an artichoke, chard, roast potatoes, obviously never cooked with fresh basil, and most fresh produce at all before the last couple of weeks is embarrassing and clearly shows how much she is reliant on others (her Grandma, Ali, Cawwee) to cook for her / sustain her aside from her beige diet. Also how disordered her relationship with food must be. She’s obviously not well mentally and seems paralysed in her house, constantly rearranging things to try and fulfill her life whilst blocking out anything or anyone that doesn’t fit with her own narrative she has running about how amazing her Lady of the Manor life is. No shade because I’ve had this too, was super anxious, didn’t leave my house for a year, constantly cleaning and rearranging things, and was eventually diagnosed with OCD / ADHD. It’s frustrating how Cawwee and Ali-Express enable this, but I really don’t think they know what to do? Good for her to give the produce and stuff a go now , but how sad that it’s taken a Desi “Perkins Produce” and Josie’s Cotswold Kitchen Garden on insta / YouTube to even look at a vegetable. Now they are cool she’s interested. Lydia you will find so much more purpose in your life once you stop pretending to be something you aren’t, once you stop “keeping up appearances”, or trying to play catch up with other people, and be brave enough to be you!
Yes! I agree with this. You bring up some interesting points. Hugs to you... 💞

I think that putting your life out there in the public eye would be very tough. The constant need to remain relevant would be utterly draining for me. I think that it's good to try new things and grow as a person and this should be good for her channel. I think she is genuinely interested in gardening and cooking, etc... she's entering a different phase in her life.

What saddens me above all is that she shows so little appreciation for what she has. She is very pretty. She photographs well. She can just wake up in the morning or just come back from a run and look pretty darn decent. Me in either of those situations... well, there's no comparison. I'm am just your average lady next door. I accept that. I didn't get to choose my genetics any more than she did. I do the best with what I've got, too.

Comments about the boobage... I can understand what it's like to want to be more endowed. I am a barely there A cup. Then I had breast cancer and surgery, radiation and chemo. Now one of mine is half the size of barely there so... well... yes, I understand boob envy. I did not choose reconstruction out of fear of future cancers hiding in there somewhere. Some days, I wish I had though. But just some days. I am fine now but have to remain vigilant with testing. (Ladies...take note: Keep up with those mammograms.) So... I can't slam her for the boob job. On another note, I think it's awesome that Josie represents for us small girls. ;)

I like the thought you mentioned "Be brave to be you." Such good advice.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
So she clearly doesnt want to be a Fashion vlogger anymore just a 1950's green fingered housewife. Problem is people like Josie do it so much better because she actually has a passion for it and not just jumping on the band wagon.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.