Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miscanthus

VIP Member
I did not get the free tanner so apparently 500 people bought it before me. Although I did get a code in the email confirming my purchase for 20% off. Also I was wrong! Rechecked email and it was 54 something. Tax and posting. Why did I buy it!? 😂 I am a serious impulsive buyer. It’s bad! So Lydia benefited from my defect!
I will do an update once I’ve used the products. It’s about time I showered ☺
Thanks! I was concerned you had been ripped off even more, so relieved. We all impulse purchase at times. Enjoy your shower! ☺

Reactions: 4

Lpops

unless I'm missing the point- but isn't the issue that she is blocking and deleting all messages that are not positive? ASDA would call you back.. their customer service would have to respond and resolve. As far as I'm seeing- the customer service from GLOBSHITE is appallingly inadequate. The same folk that blindly buy this overpriced stuff are clearly irrational people.I don't think we should be surprised by ANY subsequent irrational response to GLOBBYGATE either.
Yeah I understand that but my point was you’d generally give anyone (Asda, Lydia, etc) more than 24 hours to reply to an email before you contact your back... as I said your bank would expect this too. Think of all the people that still haven’t had their holiday money refunded due to Covid, banks are still saying contact the holiday provider. I think contacting your bank before even 24 hours has passed is a little OTT.

in regards to IG, YT comments I’m sure people have commented who haven’t even bought an item (as we’ve seen from Trustpilot) so it’s better from the customers POV to just contact their email support instead. Going back to my Asda point (which was a true story much to my chicken nugget dismay) I wouldn’t bother commenting on their IG as I’d be worried it wouldn’t be seen anyway

Missmarpleknows

Sorry I should have said in the review Dillon goes from saying friends bought it to they’d bought it themselves... the review doesn’t seem like it’s from a genuine customer.
Yeah it’s a bit all over the place for sure so it’s definitely suspect. The thing is if they are ignoring emails and deleting comments it’s going to enrage ppl.
It looks fake or by someone with serious buying regrets!

HelloAll

Anyone know who this person facebygrace23 is and how she knows Lydia, she doesnt look like most influencers, Lydia would be friends with, this girl looks very normal, if that makes sence.

CuriousCreature

I think the OP is claiming that the GLO team are ignorant the emails re the faulty item?
I assumed that she maybe bought the item and the zipper was broken? Must agree the wording is little bit confusing, first starts off as friends bought and then the zip is faulty.
Not sure, but this seems to be the reason they want to seek advice: “Also they changed the name of the product just after launch, so I think we have been illegally sold these products, and I intend to seek advice from Citizens Advice Bureau.“
Selling something as Glo by Lydia... but then the item comes as Glo Beauty Co? Isn’t that cause for seeking advice, or is it absolutely legal?
I could understand if Glo Beauty Co is a subsidiary of Glo by Lydia or vice verse but there’s no mention of a connection on Glo website.
on their website under T&C:
We are GLÓ by Lydia Elise Millen (registered name LEM BEAUTY LTD), company number 11847060 and with registered address The Stable Yard Vicarage Road, Stony Stratford, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom, MK11 1BN ("GLÓ by Lydia Elise Millen", "GLÓ by Lydia", "We" or "Us").

Reactions: 3
Honestly my opinion is we don't need to go to that kind of effort. Her behaviour won't have gone unnoticed and I'm a firm believer in karma. She will eventually get all that she deserves without any of us needing to lift a finger.
I agree and we would have no entertainment is she disappeared. Rather see her just end up
Promoting none lux brands and only getting high street brand stuff! I recall there used to
Be a blogger called Trina leavers and the other site found out about her shady past and outed her. She unboxed loads of Chanel and Louis Vuitton and Hermes but the Hermes were fakes I think. She was selling and buying the same bags I think.

Missmarpleknows

So I forced myself to sit through her newest vlog. :rolleyes: Still had to fast forward a bit bc she's yammering on about the same things - plants, makeup, parcels-the end.

You know, it was one thing for her to turn off comments and delete negative reviews on the Globy IG page in the heat of the launch, however this vlog today is beyond tone deaf and blatantly disregardful of all her followers and customers. There were over 2000 comments just on the Youtube video but nothing in this video acknowledging this launch even happened. Just silence, crickets.

Seriously, to put up a 40 min vlog today bloody rambling on about absolutely nothing of significance yet not say a SINGLE word about the launch, the kit, it being sold out, not even lying that it went well, was just mind blowing. It's as though it did not happen at all! The first part of the vlog she seems nervous, uncomfortable and is overacting all is okay, trying to be funny etc. but she she ends up looking even more ridiculous.

This was the one time she could have taken just 2 mins to address her customers-just fucking acknowledge their existence, let alone their concerns! It was stunning to say the least. It's as though this whole launch was a figment of our imagination!

She will lose even more followers by burying her head in the sand and denying the shit show she created. Honestly, the whole time I was watching the vlog, the launch failure was on my mind and clearly, on hers but yep, fucking nothing. Silence, denial, acting completely oblivious to how disrespectful and unethical she is to people.

I bet you that's how she will also deal with complaints and returns of the kits. Again it'll be silence, denial, no acknowledgment and no refunds.

Honestly, it will be a very long time before customers will trust anything she launches because of how pathetic and unprofessional she has handled the failure of this one. She just doesn't want to hear it basically. And with each vlog, post, IG story she puts out as each day goes by post-launch, she is invalidating herself and showing she is the furthest thing from a true businesswoman and CEO/founder of a company.

I will be shocked to see established brands continue to want to work with her.

Honestly, her behavior, mannerisms, casual attempts to be funny in the 1st part of the vlog was just embarrassing and beyond painful to watch.
The footage is old, I remember her posting about the linen backless dress on SM and it was over a week ago.

Just my humble opinion, as it’s “sold out” and it’s practically off the market I don’t think she should have address her followers concerns, if ppl don’t want to buy it and think it’s over priced they don’t have to.

Same as when I go into Boots and any shop at that, if I see a product that I think is over priced I don’t expect Boots or the supplier to address my concerns about where it’s manufactured.

She could have uploaded though with omething to thank those who did buy, god they’re loyal folk! I think maybe the footage of the launch will come on Thursday.

A lot of not happy folk on the St Tropez IG for sharing a post on the independent took kit/tanner though!

I still think they binned of the kit and are thinking of a way to relaunch ‘edit 2’ (i.e. the rest of the stock)

Last edited:

Wophie

VIP Member
Reading up on trustpilot, maybe they think it’s suspicious or fraud

And that’s just the product 😂
So possibly it will pop back up once Trust Pilot have reviewed it 🤔
I can't see how they would automatically flag as not genuine from how they were worded

Miscanthus

VIP Member
I have recently been in awe of people doing a ‘no spend
Vlog Monday 29.06.20. Filmed a life-time ago.

- No prizes for guessing the vlog opens with her 'sprutes'. She's very excited, but admits not much is happening over here. Talking about life in general Lydia?
- She's impressed herself with her talents. You vastly overestimate your abilities Lydia. There's literally 3 'sproutings' in 5 acres of soil. She's obsessed with basil. She rubs her fingers on the leaves to smell them when walking past. What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've heard Lydia. Ever.
- She now admits the courtyard is not a courtyard after all, but a lightwell. She doesn't like being let down when workers don't turn up when they say they will. I wonder how it feels to be a Glóby customer right now Lydia?
- Less than 5 minutes in and she's talked about 3 separate deliveries. Sustainability for life. Well only on days that don't end with y.
- She highlights her 'poor little redshot eyes'. Knowing what we now know, they're about to get worse. A lot worse. Believe me.
- She highlights followers criticise her for spending x amount of money on a mug or scrunchie. She wants to emphasise everyone puts monetary worth on different things. Well I place a whole 5p on Glóby. And not a nice shiny silver 5 pence piece. No, 5 individual copper pennies. The ones you know that have been found on the floor or behind the sofa.
- Her new Gianvito Rossi purchase are a 'brainchild'. They're flip flops. But apparently you can wear them to a wedding. She obviously advised all her own wedding guests to do this. So you know she appeared tall *taller in comparison.
- She's also found a white linen wedding dress which is 'the dream'. She acknowledges the dress might be too big. She tries it on. It's not. I really think you have body dysmorphia Lydia? And brain dysmorphia too.
- She's feeling lethargic. Again. Might need another day off Lydia. Oh wait until the end of the vlog, she's taking 3 week days off in the sun. Standard.
- It's her first time going out by herself in a long while. You such a big girl Lydia. Sorry big shawt girl. Whatever. Does she vlog this first venture out in the unknown? Of course not.
- She can't remember what happened before March. I have a feeling you're not going to forget June Lydia. It's called karma. And it's pronounced haha.
- She thinks she has put too much fake tan on her top lip. Maybe bring out a tash mitt in Glóby Edit No. 2 Lydia? Not that it'll make any difference. We all know it's a hairy tash that no amount of buffing will remove.
- She struggles to bend down to give equally narcissistic cat her food. She says 'mummy's legs don't work after daddy's workout'. I wonder if Ali got any action the night before? On the balance of probability I think not. You're not going to be getting any anytime soon either Ali. Well maybe hate sex. Maybe not.
- A shot of Ali's bum in the flowerbed at 11:30 at night. She states they're 'one cheeseboard deep'. No, not another sexual innuendo.
- She admits she created a 'rod for her own back' about posting on instastories of Ali being livid for gardening so late. Everyone makes mistakes. Future Lydia, you're about to post another cringe story very soon.
- There's a little mothy on her lavender bush. We might not be able to hear her because of the wind. I actually like the sound you make when you shut up Lydia.
- Her actual job of the day is to prep the veg. The veg she won't eat. All about that healthy lifestyle.
- She's making another blueberry and lime cake. (Thermo)mix it up girl and actually make something else. Variety is the spice of life after all.
- It's just clouded over. She's livid as the day's weather report lied. You should be Lydia. There's definitely going to be more rain on your parade in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
- She opens a parcel of books. She 'doesn't know what this is but she's obviously been sent it'. Yes, I'm just as surprised they think you can actually read. These will never see the light of day. RIP trees.
- She's learned so much after the movement following George Floyd's death and about who her audience is. She had 'a tunnel vision mindset' before. She says 'call me ignorant'. You're ignorant Lydia. She's going to do better for her beautiful and diverse audience. Well that lasted long.
- She's proud she's shared a plus sized dress. She's a supporter of 'fat' girls too. But her stomach then rumbles repeatedly. She's very hungry. She needs to have her smoothie. She's not adding peanut butter in though as she's been losing definition recently. There is no unit of measure for her stupidity.
- Speaking of units more wine chat. She highlights she consumes alcohol in a responsible way. You know just in case a child is watching her channel. Now this really would be a case for the NSPCC.
Brilliant! I look forward to your summaries so much! Thanks for taking one for the team.