Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wish she'd rip that carpet up, it's throwing off her new aesthetic. A wooden floor would fit so much better. At the moment she's half chavvy hinch home, half Steve cordony. Sort it out lyds!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Something weird is going on, there are 2 new reviews on trust pilot both today, and the ones that were there yesterday have disappeared. I think someone screen shot them though. So i don't know why they are disappearing because Lydia has not claimed the site address yet.
Agree the two from yesterday have been deleted. Hmm have to keep eyes on this 👀

Reactions: 8
Muting??? Does this mean if someone writes Glo in a comment the comment doesnt appear??
It did appear for one comment that read ‘ when is glo going to be restocked? xxxxxx’ the thug team are selective that way. All negative glo comments were deleted. Her thug team were out on force on the launch vlog though! Imagine going in to Boots and saying you don’t like a product and they replied ‘Then don’t come to this store or any of our stores.. go subscribe to another store and buy your goods there!’ It was honestly that bad. We were sent off with a red card.

Reactions: 16
with regards to muting certain words on youtube comments, I did see a comment on there from someone saying 'When is glo going to be back in stock?' so what I think she has set up is that comments containing certain words get stored for approval, so if there is a positive one, they can approve it and it will show, hence why I saw one with 'glo' yet all the others just never appear.

You can do the same with instagram, have a list of certain key words and if comments contain them, you can chose to approve them or they get deleted straight away. Very disingenuous and extremely embarrassing having to mute any comments containing your own brand name!! If you were proud of your product, you want the name shouted from the roof! CRINGE!!!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
So possibly it will pop back up once Trust Pilot have reviewed it 🤔
I can't see how they would automatically flag as not genuine from how they were worded
Is it possible that she's plea-bargained, so in order to get their money back, they need to remove the negative review, so it's not Trust Pilot that has suspended them, it's the person that wrote it that's removed it?

Reactions: 13

There's another review up there, but the review score/stars doesn't reflect the 3 reviews that are there. Maybe she's in touch with them to set up an account but I doubt that because you have to pay them, so she's probably just complaining to get them taken down

Reactions: 9
She has put a block on the account to stop people viewing her history. You need to send a request to view. it just goes to show how much time she is spending on this site.

There are always other doors to gain entrance.. Sorry not great at screen shots..lol

Lydia Millen

Lydia Millen
Fashion & Lifestyle Blogger
Willen, Milton Keynes, United Kingdom466 connections
Join to Connect
UCLA Clothing
UCLA Clothing
The University of NorthamptonThe University of Northampto

Experience
  • UCLA Clothing

eCommerce Manager
    UCLA Clothing
    Oct 2012 – Present7 years 9 months
    - Working along side eCommerce Developers to provide a functional and revolutionary brand platform and eCommerce website with an exceptional customer experience.
    - Head Buyer
    - Liaise with the Design and Production & Buying departments to understand key product focus throughout the year, working with the Merchandising Manager to optimise content to improve onsite conversion.
    - Shoot coordinator and stylist
    - Social Media - Customer engagement, promotion, content
    - E-mail...
    Show more
  • www.lydiaelisemillen.com

Blogger
    www.lydiaelisemillen.com
    Nov 2011 – Present8 years 8 months
    - Styling
    - Fashion Writing
    - Product Promotion
    - Social Media
    - Photography
    - Trend analysis
  • UCLA Clothing store's

Manager
    UCLA Clothing store's
    Apr 2012 – Oct 20127 months
    - Customer Service
    - Customer experience
    - Staff Management
    - Staff acquisition
    - Daily, Weekly, Monthly figure analysis
    - Visual Merchadising
    - Buying
  • French Connection
    Junior Assistant Manager
    French Connection
    2008 – 20091 year
    Responsible for assisting in delivery sales, managing, developing, and motivating my team. Ensuring customer needs are fulfilled and constantly strive to exceed branch targets.
    Supporting store manager in all aspects of the business.
  • The End - Fashion Retailer

Sales Assistant > Buying Assistant > Visual Merchandising Assistant
    The End - Fashion Retailer
    2007 – 20081 year
    Watford, United Kingdom
    - Customer Service
    - Customer experience
    - Daily, Weekly, Monthly figure targets
    - Visual Merchadising
    - Buying
    - Trend analysis
Education
Groups
View Lydia’s full profile

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I hope Dillon J follows up with what they said and seeks advice from Citizens Advice Bureau.
Don’t think Trust Pilot can delete that review as it‘s from a buying customer who received a faulty product and is ignored by the company.

This launch has been anything but perfect and I honestly cannot believe how lazy one can be to have such a tit show as a result of 2 years of work. It’s crazy. I personally would be embarrassed to launch something like that with my name on it. It will stay online forever even if she decides to ignore it and hope for it to be forgotten.

I also started thinking, she has changed a lot with these 2 years. She’s now “sustainable“, but when she started working on the brand (browsing AliExpress) linen was not yet her thing.
I have an exfoliating mitt from a year or two ago that’s from linen and cotton, so clearly if she’d been into sustainability 2 years ago, she’d maybe have looked at more sustainable fabrics for her independent tanner. It would be interesting to hear which mitts did she compare to decide that the ones she chose are really the best.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She has put a block on the account to stop people viewing her history. You need to send a request to view. it just goes to show how much time she is spending on this site.
The thing is when you lie to cover a lie to cover a lie, you then will have to spend ages backtracking to cover your ass, dopey cow

Reactions: 19

There are always other doors to gain entrance.. Sorry not great at screen shots..lol

Sales Assistant > Buying Assistant > Visual Merchandising Assistant
The End - Fashion Retailer
2007 – 20081 year
Watford, United Kingdom
- Customer Service
- Customer experience
- Daily, Weekly, Monthly figure targets
- Visual Merchadising
- Buying
- Trend analysis

This is The End in Watford. https://theenduk.com/

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Lidl take note
Love this quote!

To be honest these "luxury" influencers have put me off designer brands permanently. Watching adults fall over themselves for ugly items made in sweatshops, purely to present a successful aesthetic is anything but aspirational.

My sympathy for Lydia's followers has also disappeared. If you're stupid enough to spend £50 on a box of exfoliating fabric, good luck to you. Some people actively choose to be marks.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
So I forced myself to sit through her newest vlog. :rolleyes: Still had to fast forward a bit bc she's yammering on about the same things - plants, makeup, parcels-the end.

You know, it was one thing for her to turn off comments and delete negative reviews on the Globy IG page in the heat of the launch, however this vlog today is beyond tone deaf and blatantly disregardful of all her followers and customers. There were over 2000 comments just on the Youtube video but nothing in this video acknowledging this launch even happened. Just silence, crickets.

Seriously, to put up a 40 min vlog today bloody rambling on about absolutely nothing of significance yet not say a SINGLE word about the launch, the kit, it being sold out, not even lying that it went well, was just mind blowing. It's as though it did not happen at all! The first part of the vlog she seems nervous, uncomfortable and is overacting all is okay, trying to be funny etc. but she she ends up looking even more ridiculous.

This was the one time she could have taken just 2 mins to address her customers-just bleeping acknowledge their existence, let alone their concerns! It was stunning to say the least. It's as though this whole launch was a figment of our imagination!

She will lose even more followers by burying her head in the sand and denying the tit show she created. Honestly, the whole time I was watching the vlog, the launch failure was on my mind and clearly, on hers but yep, bleeping nothing. Silence, denial, acting completely oblivious to how disrespectful and unethical she is to people.

I bet you that's how she will also deal with complaints and returns of the kits. Again it'll be silence, denial, no acknowledgment and no refunds.

Honestly, it will be a very long time before customers will trust anything she launches because of how pathetic and unprofessional she has handled the failure of this one. She just doesn't want to hear it basically. And with each vlog, post, IG story she puts out as each day goes by post-launch, she is invalidating herself and showing she is the furthest thing from a true businesswoman and CEO/founder of a company.

I will be shocked to see established brands continue to want to work with her.

Honestly, her behavior, mannerisms, casual attempts to be funny in the 1st part of the vlog was just embarrassing and beyond painful to watch.
The footage is old, I remember her posting about the linen backless dress on SM and it was over a week ago.

Just my humble opinion, as it’s “sold out” and it’s practically off the market I don’t think she should have address her followers concerns, if ppl don’t want to buy it and think it’s over priced they don’t have to.

Same as when I go into Boots and any shop at that, if I see a product that I think is over priced I don’t expect Boots or the supplier to address my concerns about where it’s manufactured.

She could have uploaded though with omething to thank those who did buy, god they’re loyal folk! I think maybe the footage of the launch will come on Thursday.

A lot of not happy folk on the St Tropez IG for sharing a post on the independent took kit/tanner though!

I still think they binned of the kit and are thinking of a way to relaunch ‘edit 2’ (i.e. the rest of the stock)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I hope Dillon J follows up with what they said and seeks advice from Citizens Advice Bureau.
Don’t think Trust Pilot can delete that review as it‘s from a buying customer who received a faulty product and is ignored by the company.

This launch has been anything but perfect and I honestly cannot believe how lazy one can be to have such a tit show as a result of 2 years of work. It’s crazy. I personally would be embarrassed to launch something like that with my name on it. It will stay online forever even if she decides to ignore it and hope for it to be forgotten.

I also started thinking, she has changed a lot with these 2 years. She’s now “sustainable“, but when she started working on the brand (browsing AliExpress) linen was not yet her thing.
I have an exfoliating mitt from a year or two ago that’s from linen and cotton, so clearly if she’d been into sustainability 2 years ago, she’d maybe have looked at more sustainable fabrics for her independent tanner. It would be interesting to hear which mitts did she compare to decide that the ones she chose are really the best.
But what exactly is Dillon seeking advice on? It doesn’t even sound like Dillon has bought a product for that review.. it’s says ‘my friends’... CAB would just advise that the ‘friends’ contact them instead. And the products haven’t been sold ‘illegally’ as such, they just have different branding on.

Reactions: 4
Wish she'd rip that carpet up, it's throwing off her new aesthetic. A wooden floor would fit so much better. At the moment she's half chavvy hinch home, half Steve cordony. Sort it out lyds!
now you've given her the idea soon enough she will be remodeling the living room with new floors 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
To be honest these "luxury" influencers have put me off designer brands permanently. Watching adults fall over themselves for ugly items made in sweatshops, purely to present a successful aesthetic is anything but aspirational.
100% THIS. It’s so so vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
But what exactly is Dillon seeking advice on? It doesn’t even sound like Dillon has bought a product for that review.. it’s says ‘my friends’... CAB would just advise that the ‘friends’ contact them instead. And the products haven’t been sold ‘illegally’ as such, they just have different branding on.
I think, if I’m reading it right, they say the zip was faulty on the one she bought? Can anyone make sense of it?

Reactions: 3
I think, if I’m reading it right, they say the zip was faulty on the one she bought? Can anyone make sense of it?
Yeah so you’d just ask for a refund surely? Im certainly not defending Lydia as this whole thing is a sham but she has a refund policy in place so if you receive a faulty item you just return it.... exactly the same as you would if you bought a dress from online and the zip was broken. It’s really not something CAB would even be concerned with unless you’d ask for a refund numerous times and hadn’t gotten anywhere.

Have the trust pilot reviews been deleted? It’s actually hilarious how much she’s in denial!
I think she has reported them as being false in which case they will take them down until they can review them. If they are genuine they will go backup.

She's deleted every negative comment from instagram and her normal you tube vlogs, yet these all still remain under the launch vlog, quite unlike her!

Not sure how, but she seems to have a whole new audience of commenters under last nights vlog. Older people, people into gardening, the comments are quite different to normal i think.
I thought this too .. wondered if she had bought some?

Reactions: 5
Sorry I should have said in the review Dillon goes from saying friends bought it to they’d bought it themselves... the review doesn’t seem like it’s from a genuine customer.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.