Lydia Millen #27 They threw me to the wolves and I came out selling a back mitt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s some shady shade right there.
Josie hearts a lot of comments without reading them, she has been known to even heart comments criticising her as well 😂 I think she just blindly hearts the first 100 comments so it looks like she is interacting with her viewers and then after a few hours she goes in and deletes all her negative comments.

Reactions: 22
I'm sure Lidl wanted that feckin awful feather lamp way back. It was in some hotel and it was 'the dream' 'gamechanger' all that bs. I can't remember why she didn't get it. It was either sold out, or too expensive. It's like something you would decorate a brothel with. So it would go with their footballer's wives disco bed.
she did not get it because they did not GIFT it to her

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
she's such an idiot- will she share the other posts? Is she saying that if you don't like the things that she does you should unfollow? Idiot.
Is she openly admitting that she doesn't declare things as she should???? Why is she saying this???

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Man this Charlie guy is even more irritating than IBS - I feel like she gives him the bullet points on what the vlog will be on and then Charlie goes on google and researches everything so he can tell us all what it is, how its done, what its for, and any other statistics, between her voice and his personality I really don't know how people can stand them!!!
Charlie the weirdo replying to Lydia's Instagram as 'stunning ' .... DARLINGS won't be happy

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I still don’t get all these people contacting their banks though, you’d still just return the product and get a refund, your bank would except you to do this too (I had the displeasure of working for HBOS years ago and they’re try to delay chargebacks as much as possible). Even if they’d contacted Glo yesterday it’s not really ‘ignoring’ the customer if they’ve not replied yet - they need to be given reasonable time. And yeah, if you’re a paying customer don’t get in touch by IG and follow up using your order no on their website, or via the confirmation email instead.

I do think all this ‘charge back’ stuff is a little hasty, Or not genuine.

hey, I ordered some chicken thighs from Asda and they actually sent me chicken nuggets instead. THE NERVE! did not ring the bank! I kinda just followed up with Asda
What though if they've tried to contact the company and are just getting ignored? If they've asked on her Insta or YouTube and had their comments deleted, so aren't confident that their complaint will be dealt with in a professional way? Granted there are ways of complaining and most companies you would do it that way, but her response to this has not helped her own situation. It's almost as if instead of dealing with complaints or getting her team to do that, she's busy digging herself a hole.

I agree that I too would wait for them to reply, give them time, but if English isn't your first language and you're struggling with the website terms, which do seem quite fluid, it was maybe a knee-jerk reaction to do a chargeback. Also, Lydia behaving not like a Bossbabe over this hasn't helped the situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
From what I can vaguely remember, this lamp costs about £3000, if you buy an original. Its featured in Aynhoe Park, which I think is where Lidl and Aldi got married. I wonder if that's why Lidl wanted one years back
Always read it as Any-Hoe park when I see it in the same sentence as Lydia. Wonder why 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 32
OMG look at that cheap tat!!!
Josie spends ages in her vlog showing us Lydias glo kit that she has purchased but on the floor in her clip is brand new full size st tropez products :unsure: It appears too big to be the travel size bottle.
[/QU

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I've never met a human over the age of 14, who doesn't know how to crisp up a potato in the oven. I've always had a suspicion that she can't cook. She tries to portray the perfect wife persona with the linen midi dresses and linen aprons but can't cook a potato 😂

I watched the video on 1.5x speed and skipped the parts about plants (70% of the video). No mention of her brand. Even if this was filmed earlier, you'd think a week before launching your brand, i would be all you talk about. She probably told her editor to remove all those bit.

The ramble in the last 10 minutes was a disgrace. If you're going to make an impactful statement about 'the movement' and inclusivity, don't forget the point half way through. If you forgot the point of your sentence as you were saying it, 9 times out of 10, you didn't have a point to begin with. If you're talking about inclusivity and you're not saying anything meaningful, as a black person I'd appreciate if you just shut your mouth. I'm not sure what kind of reaction you need for being 30+ and realising not everyone is a skinny, white woman.
I'm so done watching her videos. I can't be bothered to watch her constantly blow smoke up her arse.

P.S. I swear to God if I hear her say sproutlings like that one more time, I'll surgically remove my ears.
As a woman of colour- I cannot agree with this comment enough!! Also frickin lutely!!! BRAVO!!!

Reactions: 17
From what I can vaguely remember, this lamp costs about £3000, if you buy an original. Its featured in Aynhoe Park, which I think is where Lidl and Aldi got married. I wonder if that's why Lidl wanted one years back
Yes that's it. The place with all the stuffed animals. They got a discount for getting married on a Tuesday. Hashtag not gifted.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Vlog Monday 29.06.20. Filmed a life-time ago.

- No prizes for guessing the vlog opens with her 'sprutes'. She's very excited, but admits not much is happening over here. Talking about life in general Lydia?
- She's impressed herself with her talents. You vastly overestimate your abilities Lydia. There's literally 3 'sproutings' in 5 acres of soil. She's obsessed with basil. She rubs her fingers on the leaves to smell them when walking past. What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've heard Lydia. Ever.
- She now admits the courtyard is not a courtyard after all, but a lightwell. She doesn't like being let down when workers don't turn up when they say they will. I wonder how it feels to be a Glóby customer right now Lydia?
- Less than 5 minutes in and she's talked about 3 separate deliveries. Sustainability for life. Well only on days that don't end with y.
- She highlights her 'poor little redshot eyes'. Knowing what we now know, they're about to get worse. A lot worse. Believe me.
- She highlights followers criticise her for spending x amount of money on a mug or scrunchie. She wants to emphasise everyone puts monetary worth on different things. Well I place a whole 5p on Glóby. And not a nice shiny silver 5 pence piece. No, 5 individual copper pennies. The ones you know that have been found on the floor or behind the sofa.
- Her new Gianvito Rossi purchase are a 'brainchild'. They're flip flops. But apparently you can wear them to a wedding. She obviously advised all her own wedding guests to do this. So you know she appeared tall *taller in comparison.
- She's also found a white linen wedding dress which is 'the dream'. She acknowledges the dress might be too big. She tries it on. It's not. I really think you have body dysmorphia Lydia? And brain dysmorphia too.
- She's feeling lethargic. Again. Might need another day off Lydia. Oh wait until the end of the vlog, she's taking 3 week days off in the sun. Standard.
- It's her first time going out by herself in a long while. You such a big girl Lydia. Sorry big shawt girl. Whatever. Does she vlog this first venture out in the unknown? Of course not.
- She can't remember what happened before March. I have a feeling you're not going to forget June Lydia. It's called karma. And it's pronounced haha.
- She thinks she has put too much fake tan on her top lip. Maybe bring out a tash mitt in Glóby Edit No. 2 Lydia? Not that it'll make any difference. We all know it's a hairy tash that no amount of buffing will remove.
- She struggles to bend down to give equally narcissistic cat her food. She says 'mummy's legs don't work after daddy's workout'. I wonder if Ali got any action the night before? On the balance of probability I think not. You're not going to be getting any anytime soon either Ali. Well maybe hate sex. Maybe not.
- A shot of Ali's bum in the flowerbed at 11:30 at night. She states they're 'one cheeseboard deep'. No, not another sexual innuendo.
- She admits she created a 'rod for her own back' about posting on instastories of Ali being livid for gardening so late. Everyone makes mistakes. Future Lydia, you're about to post another cringe story very soon.
- There's a little mothy on her lavender bush. We might not be able to hear her because of the wind. I actually like the sound you make when you shut up Lydia.
- Her actual job of the day is to prep the veg. The veg she won't eat. All about that healthy lifestyle.
- She's making another blueberry and lime cake. (Thermo)mix it up girl and actually make something else. Variety is the spice of life after all.
- It's just clouded over. She's livid as the day's weather report lied. You should be Lydia. There's definitely going to be more rain on your parade in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...
- She opens a parcel of books. She 'doesn't know what this is but she's obviously been sent it'. Yes, I'm just as surprised they think you can actually read. These will never see the light of day. RIP trees.
- She's learned so much after the movement following George Floyd's death and about who her audience is. She had 'a tunnel vision mindset' before. She says 'call me ignorant'. You're ignorant Lydia. She's going to do better for her beautiful and diverse audience. Well that lasted long.
- She's proud she's shared a plus sized dress. She's a supporter of 'fat' girls too. But her stomach then rumbles repeatedly. She's very hungry. She needs to have her smoothie. She's not adding peanut butter in though as she's been losing definition recently. There is no unit of measure for her stupidity.
- Speaking of units more wine chat. She highlights she consumes alcohol in a responsible way. You know just in case a child is watching her channel. Now this really would be a case for the NSPCC.
BRAVO!! Can you do this for every flog? You LITERALLY saved me the displeasure!!

She's blocked her own brand name from comments 😂😂😂😂😂
HANG ON! I'm letting that sink in- SHE BLOCKED HER OWN BRAND NAME!!!! She wins the internet for that shot in the foot! Hilarious

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Aw, I quite liked how extra she was about the Christmas tree. Though having multiple Christmas trees was definitely over the top. But the main tree in the kitchen/dining area was so beautifully done and really looked like a lovely department store tree I remember seeing as a kid. I would love to have that amount of patience and decorating skill to make a tree look that special.
I bet Steve cordony the interior designer wouldn’t put up a department store style Christmas tree ...watch this year it will be be the complete opposite of last years Christmas tree!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I still don’t get all these people contacting their banks though, you’d still just return the product and get a refund, your bank would except you to do this too (I had the displeasure of working for HBOS years ago and they’re try to delay chargebacks as much as possible). Even if they’d contacted Glo yesterday it’s not really ‘ignoring’ the customer if they’ve not replied yet - they need to be given reasonable time. And yeah, if you’re a paying customer don’t get in touch by IG and follow up using your order no on their website, or via the confirmation email instead.

I do think all this ‘charge back’ stuff is a little hasty, Or not genuine.

hey, I ordered some chicken thighs from Asda and they actually sent me chicken nuggets instead. THE NERVE! did not ring the bank! I kinda just followed up with Asda
Maybe you forgot to @ me. The charge back I asked for is completely genuine. As a member of any bank and when purchasing with a credit card for a transaction over £100 ( I ordered two sets of the set) the bank will step in to protect you when a purchase has been made & the goal posts have changed.

They will then deal with the company on my behalf and follow up on damage limitation (cancelling the order). I was able to do this because I acted quickly and had proof I tried to contact Glo numerous times to avoid them sending me the kits and to avoid me having to spend money on returning the kits. Glo didn't reply.

If you want to educate yourself I asked for a charge back under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Yes that's it. The place with all the stuffed animals. They got a discount for getting married on a Tuesday. Hashtag not gifted.
Her whole wedding was gifted. I just remember the Jo Malone overload, and it actually put me off buying any more of them 🙈

Maybe you forgot to @ me. The charge back I asked for is completely genuine. As a member of any bank and when purchasing with a credit card for a transaction over £100 ( I ordered two sets of the set) the bank will step in to protect you when a purchase has been made & the goal posts have changed.

They will then deal with the company on my behalf and follow up on damage limitation (cancelling the order). I was able to do this because I acted quickly and had proof I tried to contact Glo numerous times to avoid them sending me the kits and to avoid me having to spend money on returning the kits. Glo didn't reply.

If you want to educate yourself I asked for a charge back under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
Ordering one set is forgivable but two??? Mind you it does make sense, I guess you just wanted to get a PAIR of mitts 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I'm sure Lidl wanted that feckin awful feather lamp way back. It was in some hotel and it was 'the dream' 'gamechanger' all that bs. I can't remember why she didn't get it. It was either sold out, or too expensive.
No one fell for her begging.

Reactions: 10
No one fell for her begging.
Claire Chanelle bought 3 of them from Luisaviaroma, all about £3000 each. That's the sort of thing Lydia was probably so jealous of, being able to buy useless tat that costs thousands, and all she can do is beg for it!

• Haha
Reactions: 23

You always use a credit card for stuff as you get the section 75 protection under the consumer credit act. Paying for deposits for hols, flights, kitchens anything bought abroad. I never use my debit card for online purchases or paying for big ticket stuff.

What though if they've tried to contact the company and are just getting ignored? If they've asked on her Insta or YouTube and had their comments deleted, so aren't confident that their complaint will be dealt with in a professional way? Granted there are ways of complaining and most companies you would do it that way, but her response to this has not helped her own situation. It's almost as if instead of dealing with complaints or getting her team to do that, she's busy digging herself a hole.

I agree that I too would wait for them to reply, give them time, but if English isn't your first language and you're struggling with the website terms, which do seem quite fluid, it was maybe a knee-jerk reaction to do a chargeback. Also, Lydia behaving not like a Bossbabe over this hasn't helped the situation.
Yes I agree, it does say on their website they require 1-3 business days for you to receive an answer so technically they still have 1 more day, I assume the customers just panicked after seeing all the negative messages and wanted to cancel their orders. I don't think Lydia has a separate team for glo so Carrie and George are most likely struggling with the extra work load they now have hence the delay in responses 🙈 Many companies don't allow you to cancel an order once its been placed, I've only experienced being able to do this with either ASOS or feel unique (can't remember which one) Most companies just tell you to return it once you receive it.

Reactions: 8
Yes I agree, it does say on their website they require 1-3 business days for you to receive an answer so technically they still have 1 more day, I assume the customers just panicked after seeing all the negative messages and wanted to cancel their orders. I don't think Lydia has a separate team for glo so Carrie and George are most likely struggling with the extra work load they now have hence the delay in responses 🙈 Many companies don't allow you to cancel an order once its been placed, I've only experienced being able to do this with either ASOS or feel unique (can't remember which one) Most companies just tell you to return it once you receive it.
I think for consumers purchasing from online businesses the rules are different, distance selling where you've not physically seen the product in person. There's normally a cooling off period where you can cancel, normally 14 days I think.

How do you find these things out?
@Happyhut, you're not undercover Lydia/Ali/Cawwie are you?

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.