Lydia Millen #190 Fell Off Her Pedal Stool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m an unqualified laywoman myself, but I’ve been around Lydia’s ilk IRL and have known people like her with similar health patterns. It’s all a means of ensuring attention and “specialness” without doing anything to get attention or to be special.
---

What in the Sam Hill is she going to do at the book event!? Read other people’s words!? This is going to be hilarious.
I found what you wrote fascinating as I hadnt heard about it previously. So when I went rabbit holing it makes perfect sense to me! You see you find out SO much good stuff on our pages! Laymen are allowed opinions and it’s possible we are both right! 😜

Does anyone know if the people who made the quotes originally get credited in her book for their quotations? It occurs to me she may be skating on thin ice vis copyright! I expect her publisher has done due diligence; but nevertheless…people are funny over copyright aren’t they? Ouch if it hasn’t been made watertight…Just sayin’…

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Hi I’ve missed out on what’s happened. What’s the derogatory slur she used??
M*ng. She said it in the wedding dress vlog she made a couple of weeks back and then when people called her out on it she tried to gaslight everyone into accepting that they'd misunderstood her and that it's short for 'mongrel'. Which anyone from the U.K knows is utter horseshit.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Here is the audio clip someone asked about earlier

Don’t know about you but does anyone remember that assembly hymn “Autumn days”, well the clip of her book is giving me those vibes

This is the hymn:
Autumn days when the grass is jewelled and the silk inside the chestnut shell, jet planes meeting in the air to be refuelled, all these things I love to well so I mustn’t forgeeeeeeeeeeet, no I mustn’t forget, to say a great big thank you I mustn’t forget

I wouldn’t surprised if this is quoted in the book actually LOL, given she is literally just describing autumn, as if we need teaching what it is
---
https://f1v3ff69.r.us-east-1.awstrack.me/L0/https://vimeo.com/871131058/b8945f64bf?share=copy/1/0100018b00ffdcd7-3c7891ae-a190-405f-8a52-b2dc0f976fb8-000000/G5OJ_rbi2ugV_GMZPfG7RhvnOmU=342
---
I screen recorded it too but the file is too large to upload 😩

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17

Don’t know about you but does anyone remember that assembly hymn “Autumn days”, well this clip of her book is giving me those vibes

Autumn days when the grass is jewelled and the silk inside the chestnut shell, jet planes meeting in the air to be refuelled, all these things I love to well so I mustn’t forgeeeeeeeeeeet, no I mustn’t forget, to say a great big thank you I mustn’t forget

I wouldn’t surprised if this is quoted in the book actually LOL, given she is literally just describing autumn, as if we need teaching what it is
---
https://f1v3ff69.r.us-east-1.awstra...976fb8-000000/G5OJ_rbi2ugV_GMZPfG7RhvnOmU=342
---
What the F do jet planes refueling in the air have to do with autumn?!

(Is this a UK thing? Now everything I question is a UK thing until somebody here says it’s not 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 16

(Is this a UK thing? Now everything I question is a UK thing until somebody here says it’s not 🤣)
These are the lyrics to the hymn by the way not Lydia’s words.

• Wow
Reactions: 9

It was written in the 60s or so when Jetplanes refulling mid air was exciting/new I believe (at least based on googling! It is an odd Autumnal lyric)

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Autumn Days has given me major throwback vibes to primary school and I’m loving it 😆😆

Just listened to the clip, thanks @PottyPotager ❤What a load of utter bollocks it is. AND she manages to throw some shade in it:

IMG_7253.jpeg
IMG_7254.jpeg

I was thinking “surely you don’t have to do that EVERY year” and then I realised it’s Lydia and every year she’s got a new Gate she created and more people who can’t stand her 😂

Also I’m a petty cow and I find it rather amusing that autumn this year has decided to say duck you Lydia imma stay 20 degrees right through October 🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼😆😆😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Don’t know about you but does anyone remember that assembly hymn “Autumn days”, well the clip of her book is giving me those vibes

This is the hymn:

---
https://f1v3ff69.r.us-east-1.awstrack.me/L0/https://vimeo.com/871131058/b8945f64bf?share=copy/1/0100018b00ffdcd7-3c7891ae-a190-405f-8a52-b2dc0f976fb8-000000/G5OJ_rbi2ugV_GMZPfG7RhvnOmU=342
---
Thank you for linking this!!!! Omg she’s just over the top describing Autumn as if no one in the world has witnessed the season. If this is all it is with some quotes and recipes (from a woman who cannot cook) and blank pages and NO personal anecdotes or stories… How does she think this will HELP people?! And why did she cry and struggle reading it?

This influencer merch through and through and everyone involved from the “team”, to the publisher, to the bookstores is in on it and are taking advantage of her “fans” with pre-sales and ambiguous information.

She’s leaning into “author” too hard when this should have just been a seasonal journal or calendar agenda pages with illustrations. These 2 things may have been more appropriate and sellable. Big mistake making this into some book launch.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Must be driving her insane that she can't control the reviews on Goodreads.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
As this unfolds, I'm wincing more, and more! Sorry, but what the actual flip is this utter cringe fest! Even if this plagiarised pile of poop become the top selling book of all time, sold a zillion units and made her billions, I COULD NOT, and WOULD NOT embarrass myself promoting this utter tripe, as a so-called book. The secondhand embarrassment is very real 😳
The reviews will be telling! Cant wait to read them all
---
Well we knew it would just be filled with quotes and very few recipes (as she cant cook). No wonder she couldn't explain what the book is about because it isn't about anything its full of crap!
I thought this would be the book no wonder nothing was shown before it came out. 12 monthly quotes that she copues every year and lots of pages for you to fill in. The disaster we knew it would be!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Autumn Days has given me major throwback vibes to primary school and I’m loving it 😆😆

Just listened to the clip, thanks @PottyPotager ❤What a load of utter bollocks it is. AND she manages to throw some shade in it:

View attachment 2497983View attachment 2497984
I was thinking “surely you don’t have to do that EVERY year” and then I realised it’s Lydia and every year she’s got a new Gate she created and more people who can’t stand her 😂

Also I’m a petty cow and I find it rather amusing that autumn this year has decided to say duck you Lydia imma stay 20 degrees right through October 🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼😆😆😆
She keeps saying how cold it s getting now autumn is finally here, wearing warmer clothing and lighting fires but the weather just keeps getting hotter. 🤥

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I
Every single review is 1 star out of 5 😂
And if these reviewers have pre-ordered we can probably assume they're very pro-Lydia if not full-on minions. God knows what you average purchaser just happening on it will think. From the early images she posted, it looked like an actual fabric cover. Is it just a normal cover then?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.