Lydia Millen #190 Fell Off Her Pedal Stool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How is it possible that she’s not seen the book print before she got to the shop? Shouldn’t she have gotten a proof?

Reactions: 26
On Amazon it says Evergreen is a ‘number one bestseller in greenhouses and conservatories’…so is it a gardening book? A self-help book? A book of seasonal poetry? An aspirational guide to country living? I have absolutely no idea but I think if people buy it thinking it’s a greenhouse gardening book they will be very disappointed. I do reckon there will be loads of blank pages for ‘doodling’ and ‘journaling’ though.

Reactions: 22
Give me a break! They sent this card (and flowers) knowing about the slur and how hideous the outfits were… terrible ad for the company. Never gonna shop there!

View attachment 2496402
Funny how the "little hands" who work on producing the garments never get flowers...
---
What a load of wank from LK Bennett. These companies wind me up SO much. Most of us are good at our jobs, a lot of us work really hard and do really good (and useful) work. We don't get sent flowers and a gushing thank you note for it. It's just part of having a job. The fact all these companies and PR's indulge these useless influencers, and make their ego's bigger than they already are is SO frustrating. Stop pandering to this talentless joke of a woman!
What baffles me is there is not even a need to indulge them in such arse licking gifts, it should be the other way around if anything. Influencers need the brands to build their careers, have content, stay relevant, have access to the brands audience, build their house, wardrobes, lifestyle... everything; brands simply have to pay for access to their audience, no one's paying Lydia to up their game or elevate their brand image lol.
These influencers really think of themselves as highly as the biggest advertising companies out there such as Publicis, Ogilvy or Saatchi isn't it?
Lydia with her "one client sent me flowers" lol... hope you treat these "clients" better than you treated your "globy" clients waiting for their never shipped kit.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
On Amazon it says Evergreen is a ‘number one bestseller in greenhouses and conservatories’…so is it a gardening book? A self-help book? A book of seasonal poetry? An aspirational guide to country living? I have absolutely no idea but I think if people buy it thinking it’s a greenhouse gardening book they will be very disappointed. I do reckon there will be loads of blank pages for ‘doodling’ and ‘journaling’ though.
I wonder is the obscure choice of categorisation was simply so she could brag she’s a best selling writer … who categorises the book the publisher or retailer??

Reactions: 21
Funny how the "little hands" who work on producing the garments never get flowers...
---

What baffles me is there is not even a need to indulge them in such arse licking gifts, it should be the other way around if anything. Influencers need the brands to build their careers, have content, stay relevant, have access to the brands audience, build their house, wardrobes, lifestyle... everything; brands simply have to pay for access to their audience, no one's paying Lydia to up their game or elevate their brand image lol.
These influencers really think of themselves as highly as the biggest advertising companies out there such as Publicis, Ogilvy or Saatchi isn't it?
Lydia with her "one client sent me flowers" lol... hope you treat these "clients" better than you treated your "globy" clients waiting for their never shipped kit.
I could not agree more! These companies already pay enormous fees to the influencers to shoot content of not much more than simply getting dressed. (Many times there is zero production or work put into the partnership). Shouldn’t the influencers be thanking the company for the opportunity?

And let’s be honest…. This LKB spon was horrible. The outfits were atrocious and I can’t even count how many times she referenced FUNERAL outfit for Ali’s grandpa. Don’t even get me started in the “m” slur that they know she used. She didn’t just use the slur, she isolated it, then didn’t apologize and gas lit her followers and let them argue and treat each other horribly in the comments. Then when she removed it the followers were even more confused because she lied about the world meaning scruffy. Some people never witnessed the slur and then started sticking up for her. It’s unreal.

Last edited:
  • Heart
If it’s possible the publisher can do this then it’s something she can add to her (decreasing!) bow and in theory isn’t a bad idea , albeit anyone “in the know” will realise she’s being fake

Reactions: 6
It is ridiculously unfair. LKB paid her for the AD, and for her to display those ugly clothes. She presented herself in an uncouth manner, hair all scruffy, unwashed, ugly sausage jeans and the works. She wore the boots without socks. All after taking a big fat cheque for the job.

They proceeded to send flowers to this cow after she used that derogatory slur. It’s all about the money and everyone’s bottom line.

Why is she still standing? It infuriates me.

• Angry
Reactions: 37
Hmmm…I wonder if our Author managed to cut and paste all her unoriginal quotes herself or if she just got one of her ‘girls’ to download any old random ones from Pinterest?

The irony of her as a ridiculously bad/ unaccomplished cook herself putting out recipes is soooo funny.

Really interested in the notion that @Here-For-The-Dresses has put forward on Somatic Syndrome illnesses. I went on a little rabbit-hole when I read that and sense she is bang on right. Mind you, I am an unqualified layman so what do I know?

I wonder if there is a scabby, shabby, maladaptive shoe syndrome? She might have that too you know…🫣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Well we knew it would just be filled with quotes and very few recipes (as she cant cook). No wonder she couldn't explain what the book is about because it isn't about anything its full of crap!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Lidl can't call herself an author when she hasn't written anything herself. Copying quotes does not make one an author.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
From this

F20BBAF3-C917-4F19-9A9A-611D9A47E662.jpeg

To this
38A595EC-FD74-4A55-B3E2-5D4738EE3EBE.jpeg

Gee, thanks 'Miss Fashion Expert' - Not, for your restyling tip. :sleep: Wearing the same outfit from the day before by removing the t-shirt to doing the shirt up and adding a cardigan and placing it over the shoulders. Wow - GROUND BREAKING! Haha And she thought that was worthy of posting on her ig stories?! :sleep: not to mention the cringey pose, and the smug look to go along with it. She is very annoying.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I’m so confused by Ali. I don’t watch the blogs but from insta alone he comes across as a little lost boy trying to copy Lydia with the dress up… and failing. I understand he works modelling for brands, but why does he seem to not have his own personality outside this? Is he holding back on being who he really is to suit her narrative? I live in the countryside (same age as these two) and my husband shoots… he’d only wear tweed if it fits the occasion of the shoot, and he would never dress like Ali… day to day he still dresses like a mid 30s guy. I can’t stop thinking of his ‘tie clip’ in their last pictures. It just seems that Ali is too busy trying to dress like someone’s dad, it’s all so very strange! I know Lydia gets it from the horse community, but my god, Ali is so far off the mark too. I can only assume his target audience are older gentleman 😂

Hmmm…I wonder if our Author managed to cut and paste all her unoriginal quotes herself or if she just got one of her ‘girls’ to download any old random ones from Pinterest?

The irony of her as a ridiculously bad/ unaccomplished cook herself putting out recipes is soooo funny.

Really interested in the notion that @Here-For-The-Dresses has put forward on Somatic Syndrome illnesses. I went on a little rabbit-hole when I read that and sense she is bang on right. Mind you, I am an unqualified layman so what do I know?

I wonder if there is a scabby, shabby, maladaptive shoe syndrome? She might have that too you know…🫣
I’m an unqualified laywoman myself, but I’ve been around Lydia’s ilk IRL and have known people like her with similar health patterns. It’s all a means of ensuring attention and “specialness” without doing anything to get attention or to be special.
---
Lidl can't call herself an author when she hasn't written anything herself. Copying quotes does not make one an author.
What in the Sam Hill is she going to do at the book event!? Read other people’s words!? This is going to be hilarious.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m so confused by Ali. I don’t watch the blogs but from insta alone he comes across as a little lost boy trying to copy Lydia with the dress up… and failing. I understand he works modelling for brands, but why does he seem to not have his own personality outside this? Is he holding back on being who he really is to suit her narrative? I live in the countryside (same age as these two) and my husband shoots… he’d only wear tweed if it fits the occasion of the shoot, and he would never dress like Ali… day to day he still dresses like a mid 30s guy. I can’t stop thinking of his ‘tie clip’ in their last pictures. It just seems that Ali is too busy trying to dress like someone’s dad, it’s all so very strange! I know Lydia gets it from the horse community, but my god, Ali is so far off the mark too. I can only assume his target audience are older gentleman 😂
Yes, Madam is running the show. The wife has beaten him into submission. He can t do anything without her approval. Essentially she ll do anything for money ie Evermean ( 🍿 ), promoting Amazon shite, fake gardening, etc., etc. but I don t think the littul fella is wired in the same way. Her influence (lol) has resulted in him doing very badly on You Tube. It s only a matter of time before he makes the decision to leave the flawless marriage.

Reactions: 15
What a load of wank from LK Bennett. These companies wind me up SO much. Most of us are good at our jobs, a lot of us work really hard and do really good (and useful) work. We don't get sent flowers and a gushing thank you note for it. It's just part of having a job. The fact all these companies and PR's indulge these useless influencers, and make their ego's bigger than they already are is SO frustrating. Stop pandering to this talentless joke of a woman!
So embarrassing that Lydia shows the flowers she received from LK Bennett. Hmmm. Flowers ... funeral flowers heeheeeeeeeee.
Great validation for the funeral outfits she chose for the sponsored AD.

But hey, let's ignore the LV / Fendi / Gucci bags / shoes etc genuine fashion influencers receive from brands they work with.
Well done Lyds, you get a bunch of flowers.
I'm surrrrrrrrre you're happy with receiving flowers vs the latest LV handbag.
Uh huh.
Too bad yer can't depop a bunch of flowers to buy a new Hermèzzzzzzzz bag.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.