Lydia Millen #169 The deadweight, problematic tyrant that is Lydia, the begging game will soon end for ya

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, I totally see. 😂😂😂 When watching the clip I was somehow redirected to another episode of this content creator on dressing well that covered King Charles and his tailors or brands of choice. So I told Namima that my tablet must be on the pheasant wonk cos of the glitch 😂
---
@Namima btw, just checked and Avalon came out in 1983, when I was still a child, not a teen. So I guess it remained as one of my favorite bands of all time due to listening to my dad’s cassette tapes while on car trips. So my starting influences were The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, Roxy Music, Linda Ronstadt, Joni Mitchell, Janis Joplin, EmmyLou Harris, The Dire Straits, Van Morrison, Serge Gainsbourg, France Galle, Jacques Brel, Charles Aznavour, Renaud, Francis Cabrel, Michel Sardou, Charles Trenet, Sacha Distel, Charles Dutronc, and….. curiously U2. He was also into contemporary pop rock music and U2 was his intro. So when I arrived at boarding school in Ireland on 87 at 13, I already knew all U2 songs released to that date and made soooo many friends in just a few days. Such is life, the things you experience, the things you learn and come to love, and how they eventually come back to you in the most unsuspected of ways. They were also impressed about Van Morrison, of course, but all of us being 13, U2 was more their thing back then that my backlog of US folk and French classics.

And, to this date, Joni Mitchell still continued to be my number one. Her Blue album is just pure poetry and magic.
---
I see you like Van Morrison @MissKW, currently I m on a Van Morrison journey and play his music all the time (I was in a coffee shop a few weeks ago and one of his tunes was playing in the background and made me feel very uplifted). Here are 2 tunes I m loving atm (if only we could influence Elsie, expand her knowledge of great music, she seems stuck on middle of the road classical music).

and...

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I see you like Van Morrison @MissKW, currently I m on a Van Morrison journey and play his music all the time (I was in a coffee shop a few weeks ago and one of his tunes was playing in the background and made me feel very uplifted). Here are 2 tunes I m loving atm (if only we could influence Elsie, expand her knowledge of great music, she seems stuck on middle of the road classical music).

and...

Absolutely lovely songs of his. One that I used to listen a lot is And it Stoned Me. Also, love Madame George

And to end up on my side this TL lovely music jukebox of the last 12 hours, you may all know this one, cos it came up in a few ads in these past 4 or 5 years, so it might not be anything special anymore. But I discovered it by surprise, quite late in my RS journey, as a hidden gem when I was deep into a RE phase, and although it is not their usual style, it is so wonderful and kind of whimsical.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
All this talk of living "pre-seasonally", feeling cold and Anna Bey made me think of "Ibiza Lydia" ... so here's a reminder of the real Lydiot.
6B3C3846-3E90-48B1-B685-3351A9FB5E78.png

---
She used to work tits out in Ibiza. And Ali used to be an apprentice electrician. This new old money personality came about during Covid.
Pretty generous to use the word "tits" ... see my above post with "Ibiza Lydia" in action.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I am not fan of Ali but I think it is only fair to not diminish one of his only actual accomplishments. He was a fully fledged electrician which is a hard job to learn.
Agreed, he definitely was a qualified electrician. He's dense as duck imo - you only have to listen to him - but there's enough in there to learn and qualify in a trade.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
OT:
Thought you might enjoy this Mardi Gras float since you love literature. Tonight was Endymion and every float was an author. This was my favorite View attachment 1971105
Also OT: I would have loved to attend Mardi Gras in New Orleans (never been at all to that lovely city). It had always been on my travel bucket list pre-Katrina and pre-vascular illness that now prevents me from flying or walking for more that 1 minute. But I am grateful for I got to see and experience most of my travel bucket list places, so that’s great.

I now just have a bucket list of literature, philosophy and good movies. It was formerly my mental shelf and I used to get them out to read or watch when the moment felt appropriate vis-à-vis the author or theme. I now have my days counted, not many more years to live, so, although I am sooo grateful that I’ve lived a really full life, with its joys and many many many lows -those lows may account for 75-80% of my life since childhood, cos I had the ‘misfortune’ of being raised by a very dysfunctional family unit. But if you add some perspective into that mix, those lows and dysfunctions devolved into my greatest Teachers and made me strong, brave, independent, more moral even than genetically predisposed, even to the point of sacrificial of my own needs cos I could not stand the slightest hint of suffering in anyone around me, even if they were strangers, so I would put the needs of others before mine, usually.

So at the end of the day, I am extremely grateful even for the quasi daily physical and psychological abuse, those were my real low-lows and, at the same time, my greatest Teachers at home. Bullying cos of looks, good grades, or specific nerdy hobbies did not really hurt me much after the extreme abuse at home.

And then, I struck real and effective luck some 20 years ago, cos after so many years reading and loving philosophy and psychology (I started pretty early, at 14 years old approx. cos I NEEDED to understand what was wrong with my parents and their actions), I discovered that Buddhism‘s philosophical structure was so logical and its techniques so easy to effectively apply in real life, day to day, to then be able to magically live a happy, peaceful and stable life, regardless of what bad ‘monster’ was thrown at me (even my invalidating illness and my 3 years alone at home as a hermit).

So what I have now, my literature, philosophy and my mind shelf movies, I have, for ease of reference, classified maybe half of them on the Letterboxd app (free) and I have my pending/watchlist so I don’t forget any, and a diary, all in order and properly scored on the basis of techniques, acting and plot. If any of you are interested I am Kitsune22 on the app and, even if I don’t do many commentary reviews, I do classify already seen movies and diary movies by genre. I have like 30 genres and sub-genres, if you are ever in need of some quick movie pick up. And it‘s real fun to go once a week into my movie diary to see if I am overdoing some specific genre, or watching bland films, or whatever. It serves to look back on my week and try to discern my overall mood. LOL

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Also OT: I would have loved to attend Mardi Gras in New Orleans (never been at all to that lovely city). It had always been on my travel bucket list pre-Katrina and pre-vascular illness that now prevents me from flying or walking for more that 1 minute. But I am grateful for I got to see and experience most of my travel bucket list places, so that’s great.

I now just have a bucket list of literature, philosophy and good movies. It was formerly my mental shelf and I used to get them out to read or watch when the moment felt appropriate vis-à-vis the author or theme. I now have my days counted, not many more years to live, so, although I am sooo grateful that I’ve lived a really full life, with its joys and many many many lows -those lows may account for 75-80% of my life since childhood, cos I had the ‘misfortune’ of being raised by a very dysfunctional family unit. But if you add some perspective into that mix, those lows and dysfunctions devolved into my greatest Teachers and made me strong, brave, independent, more moral even than genetically predisposed, even to the point of sacrificial of my own needs cos I could not stand the slightest hint of suffering in anyone around me, even if they were strangers, so I would put the needs of others before mine, usually.

So at the end of the day, I am extremely grateful even for the quasi daily physical and psychological abuse, those were my real low-lows and, at the same time, my greatest Teachers at home. Bullying cos of looks, good grades, or specific nerdy hobbies did not really hurt me much after the extreme abuse at home.

And then, I struck real and effective luck some 20 years ago, cos after so many years reading and loving philosophy and psychology (I started pretty early, at 14 years old approx. cos I NEEDED to understand what was wrong with my parents and their actions), I discovered that Buddhism‘s philosophical structure was so logical and its techniques so easy to effectively apply in real life, day to day, to then be able to magically live a happy, peaceful and stable life, regardless of what bad ‘monster’ was thrown at me (even my invalidating illness and my 3 years alone at home as a hermit).

So what I have now, my literature, philosophy and my mind shelf movies, I have, for ease of reference, classified maybe half of them on the Letterboxd app (free) and I have my pending/watchlist so I don’t forget any, and a diary, all in order and properly scored on the basis of techniques, acting and plot. If any of you are interested I am Kitsune22 on the app and, even if I don’t do many commentary reviews, I do classify already seen movies and diary movies by genre. I have like 30 genres and sub-genres, if you are ever in need of some quick movie pick up. And it‘s real fun to go once a week into my movie diary to see if I am overdoing some specific genre, or watching bland films, or whatever. It serves to look back on my week and try to discern my overall mood. LOL
I m am so very happy you have finally found peace and happiness. Although not Buddhist (very interested though) I practice spirituality and it s been a revelation for me, life has become infinity better because I strive to have compassion, love and forgiveness for everyone (although my ego is very much alive and kicking when folk are selfish), we are all the same deep down, all striving for happiness.

Life can be so very difficult and some are driven mad by it, how clever are you to have understood how your parents we re unable to be good parents and searched for something (Buddhism) to support you through life. Please know you are loved.

Lets hope Elsie can evolve to be a better person. In the meantime isn t it grand to be laughing along at her antics on social media (we see ya 👀)

Thank you so much for the film app recommendation, I will go and have a look. 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I love the way she uses the word ‘friends’ all the time now rather than ‘Carrie’ 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I m am so very happy you have finally found peace and happiness. Although not Buddhist (very interested though) I practice spirituality and it s been a revelation for me, life has become infinity better because I strive to have compassion, love and forgiveness for everyone (although my ego is very much alive and kicking when folk are selfish), we are all the same deep down, all striving for happiness.

Life can be so very difficult and some are driven mad by it, how clever are you to have understood how your parents we re unable to be good parents and searched for something (Buddhism) to support you through life. Please know you are loved.

Lets hope Elsie can evolve to be a better person. In the meantime isn t it grand to be laughing along at her antics on social media (we see ya 👀)

Thank you so much for the film app recommendation, I will go and have a look. 🤗
Yeah, I really don’t have a lot of hope for Elsie (she is a narcissist and that cannot ever be cured). It is just that she just triggers me cos she manages to embody and demonstrate every single time, all of the bad traits that in our current society are more prevalent. Also, TL is my bit of weekly gossip cos you all make me laugh so much. Very glad to hear that you have also found your niche in respect of self improvement via spirituality and that it works for you. It really does work, whichever authentic and not fake path you decide take. Buddhism + stoicism worked for me cos I was genetically predisposed to morals and ethics, so both being based mainly on that, the mix worked like a miracle. If you are ever interested in pure, clear and simple stoicism, in a very practical manner, reach for Marcus Aurelius’, the Roman Emperor, Meditations. Short paragraphs that clearly condense how men or women or character should live their daily lives.

And I am ending my OT of the last couple of days here cos you really all make my days with lots of laughter and I don’t wanna get kicked out.

Thank you, Sofie, from the bottom of my heart. And I wish you the best on your soul journey. If you ever need or want any recs on clear and succinct Buddhism books, just holler 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Matching shoes 🤣. Could this be Charlie’s rolled up jeans?

And PS - it’s LFW right? No invitations then? Lol

56797984-43E0-43F3-82B6-452D185C78E3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I think it is Carrie and man bun!
Yeah agree. The other guy is wearing sweat pants tucked into socks. No way would that be Ali… dressing like a normal person walking through a muddy field 😝
---
Mind you… they never really seem to be on one of those public paths. Always just walking through someone’s land.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
All that food would have been stone cold, once carried through the garden and photographed for hours. Where are the warming devices?
These two plonkers are just as bad, they are all jealous of Vic’s real conservatory( or what ever it is called), actually part of the house.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Leonora putting her dogs to bed is so cute... 21.21 mark ...

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am not fan of Ali but I think it is only fair to not diminish one of his only actual accomplishments. He was a fully fledged electrician which is a hard job to learn.
And he would be totally screwed if his influencer lifestyle went down the plug hole as he would need to work hard to get back to the standards needed today and study study study to get his 18th edition.( part of a qualified electrician). I can’t see him rolling up in a van dressed like he is now. In fake old money

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.