Lydia Elise Millen #23 Linen is my jam, I'm Steve's no1 fan and Glo is just a scam.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So are we all totally convinced at this point that it’s a product related to fake tanning and the reason she didn’t launch was not so much to take away from BLM but to save her ass from backlash over the fact her mYsTeRiOuS product would not be inclusive to WOC and black women? That her privileged white ass was so ignorant to make a product that only her white followers could use?

But sure how could that be possible when enlightened Lydia has challenged brands over the years about their lack of inclusion? My eyeballs can’t roll far enough back for this one!
I thought it might be a tanning product. It will be interesting to see. If it is, it’s one of the most basic products color wise. Very few brands do anything other than light, medium, deep/tan. Technically these colors are aimed at giving a range of bronzed shades for light to medium skin at best. Most people blessed with natural melanin won’t need it so I’m not sure inclusivity is as big an issue as it would be with makeup.

I honestly don’t believe Lydia has actually created any product. I think she’s found something she likes from a supplier and has had it labelled her way. This is how most people do it. Actually creating a product from scratch takes ALOT of time, research and MONEY! She hasn’t even paid for photography which would be a fraction of the cost of product development. All I can see Lydia selling is overpriced, cheap products she’s bulk bought from China.

There have been mass delays in goods coming in from China over here in Australia since Covid 19 restrictions. There have been supply chain issues in China. I wonder if that could be the cause of delay 🤔

Almost forgot... the name change would mean repackaging/labelling... more delay issues. A bit of honesty goes a long way and I think people would have sympathy for her if she had issues.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
🤣🤣🤣🤣 I have second hand embarrassment for her!! We know her better than she knows herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I thought it might be a tanning product. It will be interesting to see. If it is, it’s one of the most basic products color wise. Very few brands do anything other than light, medium, deep/tan. Technically these colors are aimed at giving a range of bronzed shades for light to medium skin at best. Most people blessed with natural melanin won’t need it so I’m not sure inclusivity is as big an issue as it would be with makeup.
I totally get what you mean regarding makeup shades, what I was leaning towards was more to do with her telling us that she was aware that a lot of black women follow her and then she chose to create a fake tan when this is a product a black woman does not need, therefore not catering to a large portion of her followers (allegedly). She’s alienating a lot of followers instantly by releasing a product they can’t purchase to support her and is useless to them.

Reactions: 17

I honestly don’t believe Lydia has actually created any product. I think she’s found something she likes from a supplier and has had it labelled her way. This is how most people do it. Actually creating a product from scratch takes ALOT of time, research and MONEY! She hasn’t even paid for photography which would be a fraction of the cost of product development. All I can see Lydia selling is overpriced, cheap products she’s bulk bought from China.

There have been mass delays in goods coming in from China over here in Australia since Covid 19 restrictions. There have been supply chain issues in China. I wonder if that could be the cause of delay 🤔

Almost forgot... the name change would mean repackaging/labelling... more delay issues. A bit of honesty goes a long way and I think people would have sympathy for her if she had issues.
I’m pretty confident she ordered “her product” from Aliexpress. Any influenza I ever followed that actually created and produced something of their own always filmed themselves visiting the factories. That is just a right thing to do from marketing perspective.

Reactions: 22
I’m pretty confident she ordered “her product” from Aliexpress. Any influenza I ever followed that actually created and produced something of their own always filmed themselves visiting the factories. That is just a right thing to do from marketing perspective.
EXACTLY! It’s great content and makes you feel like you’re part of the process in a small way. She never leaves her bungalow! Aliexpress indeed 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Wow

I thought this was a joke... but she actually has listed today. No doubt she’ll say one of her ‘team’ have done it and there’ll be some obscure excuse to not updating on the launch of the year.

Because if she’s decided to postpone again.. it would have been decided before today and the least she could do is put a message out to those who she wants to support her.
Her 'TEAM' bawahahahahahahaha.....seriously who needs a team when you are an 'infuencer'

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yesterday an ad popped up on my page for customized boxes on the wholesale side of Alibaba. The boxes were like the one Lydiot showed on her vlog. I am wondering if Elementary Brands is middle manning this deal and she doesn't realise it. She could think that she developed a product when in reality she was played by E Brands and it's just a generic product. There are a $hitload of those identical mitts already for sale which makes it hardly a game changer. E Brands' site and Instagram looked shady as hell. Is this her Glo mitt? https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.76c11d26RvZZej

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Yes, it’s quite common to self-tan in the UK, more so than getting a professional spray tan. I lightly self-tan once a week or so, although not recently as we’ve had beaut weather so not needed to. Lydia is excessive, like she is with everything though. Who actually has time and patience for a full on fake tan itinerary everyday? Obviously Lydia as she classifies this as part of her ‘working day’. I still can’t fathom how she can put fake tan on in the morning then get fully dressed whilst it develops. I’m aware she’s not the most hygienic, but she must stank.

It’s definitely a box full of Glóby junk. More junk than in her trunk that’s for sure. Ass not LV. Maybe both though.

Figured out why her feet are so butch. All that standing on her tippy-toes is like a full on weights workout. More muscle mass than Rocky Balbao.

Ali has insane photography skills and given they’ve had 10 weeks or so in lockdown to create and shoot promo, perhaps he’s purposely sabotaged her campaign.

Lydia - Babeeee I’ve just thought of the best idea.
Ali - Ermm what’s that? (starts suspiciously looking around for more paint).
Lydia - I’m gonna twirl and spin a tablecloth around. It’ll be so exclusive. No one else has ever done this before. Ever. I’m just so always at the top of my game (cue smug smile).
Ali - (Robotic voice). Yes, Lyds. I’m so proud of your progress, Lyds.
Lydia - (Smug smile again. Sprints, speedy gonzales style, to the dining table, pulls said tablecloth off, ignores beige stains. Whips off sweaty gym gear after 6K trot). Ready Ali.
Ali - (snap, snap, snap).
Lydia - Babeeee do I look sexy? Do I look alluring? I obviously know I do. I could have been a runway model if only I was really 5ft 7”.
Ali - Ermm it’s not really picking up on camera...
Lydia - Well you’re clearly just not as creative as me, ALI. I have to do everything in this marriage.
Ali - (eye rolls so hard, gets mild concussion).
Lydia - We’ll just have to say the camera is really old then. Oh and I have bad PMT. And maybe ate a family-sized Dominos last night.
Ali - We have 87 gifted cameras though, will they fall for that?
Lydia - (eye rolls) Of course babeeee, they’re sooo stoopy. They believe everything I say.
Lydia - (slumps down on sofa) I’ve had such a hard bougie boss witch day. I feel just like such a real blogger. I’m gonna have to increase the cost of my Glóby box now to £197 so I can take a well-earned week off. I’ll say I’ve got PMT again. Or reading up on BLM.
Lydia - (whilst watching TV on separate sofas). Babeeee I’ve just thought of another amazing idea.
Ali - (shits himself, literally).
Lydia - If it’s a sellout, no not if, when, I’m gonna do a give away.
Ali - Ermm.
Lydia - One of my used fake tan mitts. Yeah, the gram will go wild. I’ll probably crash it like Kim K did. The lucky winner will never want to wash it. She’ll treasure it forever (cue smug smile, again).
I actually started crying I was laughing so hard!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yesterday an ad popped up on my page for customized boxes on the wholesale side of Alibaba. The boxes were like the one Lydiot showed on her vlog. I am wondering if Elementary Brands is middle manning this deal and she doesn't realise it. She could think that she developed a product when in reality she was played by E Brands and it's just a generic product. There are a $hitload of those identical mitts already for sale which makes it hardly a game changer. E Brands' site and Instagram looked shady as hell. Is this her Glo mitt? https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.0.0.76c11d26RvZZej
Yes! And you can get a monogram sewn on by some poor Chinese factory worker!

Reactions: 10
I know of all of us here are smart enough to know she is using BLM as an excuse her launch failed.

She's pretending it's because she is putting others first before herself. Give the girl a bleeping sainthood. :rolleyes:

And don't get me started with her arrogance thinking her launch will take away from the BLM movement.

The twit is delusional and thinks she is significant in the world. She actually thinks her launch might overshadow this social issue and tragedy?

And if her and her stupid PR company could not even successfully announce a delay in their launch via one web post and in a timely fashion.....can you imagine the tit show that's about to happen once orders start coming in and shipping of the product happens??

It's a going to be a train wreck in slow motion with wrong orders, late shipping, numerous returns, refund issues etc.

I'll be grabbing my truffle popcorn for the entertaining tit show. Can't wait! :m
PR company? Since when?

Reactions: 4
Her 'TEAM' bawahahahahahahaha.....seriously who needs a team when you are an 'infuencer'
Her team needs fired ! Honestly take away the personal Lydia stuff, she has invested in this product (regardless if it’s white label or not) and so far it has been a disaster! The name was a sign of things to come, any idiot can google to see if another brand has the name. When the product finally launches it might sell well, but that will just be her ‘fans’ buying and it will look good on the surface but as a profitable, serious business brand it will be we be a success if she does not bring in some experts.
It’s a PR and business practice disaster, whoever decided not to put out the news they weren’t launching as expected needs shot, not how you build trust!! Then the statement, I’ve never seen anything so pretentious and self-involved.
All they needed to do was put up a notice at beginning of week, “as a new brand we have concluded this is not the right climate to launch a product. We can’t wait to share it with you in the near future.”
No need for a specific time (how stupid did that look!) and to bring BLM into it was self indulgent, we all very clearly know what the current climate regards!!

BTW, I’m not convinced it’s tan, she has too good a brand partner in StTropez to ruin it and I don’t think she would have promoted the ByTerry CC serum so much off late if it was a similar product to that.
I could be completely wrong, but she would have dropped the CC serum use months ago If she was launching something similar, then again every thing has been a disaster so far!!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This girl is a frickin walking contradiction:

- She’s going to be the best ally, the best white person to black people. This statement alone is laced with racism. It screams white supremacy. Simply by putting the word ‘best’ in front of white.
- She’s using her platform to educate other white women and men. Not women and men in general. Specifically highlighting white. Again white supremacy. Displacing the focus from oppression of black people back on to white people where history tells us focus belongs because white people are ‘superior’.
- She wants a pat on the back as a couple of years ago she was very ignorant, but underwent an enlightening experience. She’s reformed. Never once has she mentioned this voyage conveniently until now.
- She didn’t think black women and men watched her videos until from time to time she would google viewers’ commentary and realised they gave her wonderful feedback. She apologised. She’s going to make it up to them. Wait, I thought you had your life-changing self-discovery a couple of years ago? Why haven’t you been making it up to them since then?
- She’s an avid runner. No, a sprinter sorry. 10K, 9K, 6K. But she can’t run up a flight of stairs to retrieve her hair oil. Ok then, speedy gonzales.
- She’s come to terms with her height. Her 5ft 7” is not tall to some. Not short to some. It is bullshit to all though.
- She’s always wished to be tall and model-esque. But she’s now accepted her height. Also Lydia...I hope the trousers look as good on me as the model. Hello ego. Nobody puts Lydia in the corner.
- A company have sent her a new launch, she’s allowed to speak about it, but she’s not. She doesn’t like it when a product is mentioned too soon. Glóby. ‘big fish, little fish, crappy copycat cardboard box’. That is all.
- She doesn’t want too much of the same fabric. We’ll just discount your 687 tonne landfill of linen then.
- A three hour finance meeting took it out of her. She felt like a real blogger. Not a fake one. Several back to back meetings are standard in a businesswoman’s day. She’s still a bougie boss witch though. Obviously.
- She hates packaging. The deliverymen may disagree here.
- The gifted scrunchie will make a cute gift for someone. The 58 gifted scrunchies she received last time clearly didn’t. Even her BFF didn’t make the cut. The show scrunchie jar did.
- She’s ordered two books. None are educational. None are on current affairs.
- She almost ALMOST bought an anklet she had wanted for so long. Just as she was about to pull the online trigger, the company gifted it her. Epitome of convenient.
- She could do with a smaller anklet. She said this in the same shot as her manly hobbit feet. Something doesn’t add up. Or our vision is out of sorts.
- Said gifted anklet will make it difficult for her to shave. What happened to going au-natural? Brows ☑ 5 o’clock shadow ☑ Legs are her deal breaker clearly.
- She’s a proud cat mummy that big dick Lumi who’s now banned from going out after terrorising other cats, pissed in her own bed. Not on their bed or the carpet. And definitely not on the cat litter tray, you know where cats are actually meant to go. She needs to clean it up (probably next week, probably never). She was such a proud but bad mummy, it made her cry. People sleeping on the streets did not make her cry, giggle yes, but definitely not cry. People losing their lives and livelihoods to COVID-19 did not make her cry. Ongoing prejudice of people of colour accumulating in an unarmed man’s needless death did not make her cry. But forcing Lumi to use an indoor litter tray against her will did. Side note - Please, PLEASE Lumi piss on her new LV throw. You know you want too. I’ll send you 10 jars of coconut oil if you do. Pinky promise.
- She’s a shiny little peahead. Shiny ✅ Little ❎ Peahead ❎ Shiny humongous pumpkinhead then.
- She couldn’t film her brand promo as she has PMT. She’s aware she goes on about it. A lot. But by sharing she might be able to help others who suffer. That’s most of the pre-menopausal female population then Lydia. The only difference is most suck it up. Cos you know, it’s life.
- She’s hoping she’ll get a release tomorrow after aforementioned crappy PMT. A release of what? Gluten diarrhoea? Testosterone?
- She believes watercress is hard to grow. Didn’t we all learn how to do this in first grade. She must have missed that lesson. And the one on grammar. And the one on acceptance of others.
- She’ll wear the hessian skirt for the rest of her life. Shall we expect a clothing jumble sale next week then? No. We still live in hope for the bushfires sale first. Or did we miss the memo that save the animals was so last month. It’s black people this month. If you didn’t already know this, rest assured, Lydia is going to educate you all.
- She gets so excited opening a package she forgets to disclose if it’s an AD. Other influencers don’t seem to get confused with this. Surprising. Maybe with another couple of years of enlightening she’ll get there too. Fingers crossed.
- She’s going to go enjoy her husband in the garden. Just never in the bedroom then?

All this in one vlog. One frickin vlog.
Could you PLEASE summarise every vlog like this m? 🙏🏻
that was extremely funny and accurate!
I know it’s been mentioned here before- but watching that last vlog I couldn’t help it notice how she lives for opening parcels! She looked like a spoilt little girl at Christmas sitting down opening presents. The way she instantly disregards them and on to the next!
Made me laugh when she had opened the LV throw/ blanket whatever it was, and then after opened two books and said (about the books) ‘a little indulgence there!’ Like wtf?!! Isn’t it all an indulgence, it was parcel after parcel of utter and needless shite! Shite that she didn’t actually need
That’s exactly what I thought!
“Ok fine, neeeeext one”
I really believe, that the amount along “happiness” this things bring her is shown on camera and that’s it. She never uses the tit she orders and never thinks of it again.

Reactions: 5
So are we all totally convinced at this point that it’s a product related to fake tanning and the reason she didn’t launch was not so much to take away from BLM but to save her ass from backlash over the fact her mYsTeRiOuS product would not be inclusive to WOC and black women? That her privileged white ass was so ignorant to make a product that only her white followers could use?

But sure how could that be possible when enlightened Lydia has challenged brands over the years about their lack of inclusion? My eyeballs can’t roll far enough back for this one!
Spot on

Reactions: 5

good points

Reactions: 2
Her team needs fired ! Honestly take away the personal Lydia stuff, she has invested in this product (regardless if it’s white label or not) and so far it has been a disaster! The name was a sign of things to come, any idiot can google to see if another brand has the name. When the product finally launches it might sell well, but that will just be her ‘fans’ buying and it will look good on the surface but as a profitable, serious business brand it will be we be a success if she does not bring in some experts.
It’s a PR and business practice disaster, whoever decided not to put out the news they weren’t launching as expected needs shot, not how you build trust!! Then the statement, I’ve never seen anything so pretentious and self-involved.
All they needed to do was put up a notice at beginning of week, “as a new brand we have concluded this is not the right climate to launch a product. We can’t wait to share it with you in the near future.”
No need for a specific time (how stupid did that look!) and to bring BLM into it was self indulgent, we all very clearly know what the current climate regards!!

BTW, I’m not convinced it’s tan, she has too good a brand partner in StTropez to ruin it and I don’t think she would have promoted the ByTerry CC serum so much off late if it was a similar product to that.
I could be completely wrong, but she would have dropped the CC serum use months ago If she was launching something similar, then again every thing has been a disaster so far!!
I agree. I keep thinking she is t going to be producing a beauty product as this will ruin any potential sponsorships. A beauty tool would be more apt, however, she isn’t going to get constant sales from this when the product runs out. I am still betting on a tanning spray gun.

Reactions: 4
Yes, it’s quite common to self-tan in the UK, more so than getting a professional spray tan. I lightly self-tan once a week or so, although not recently as we’ve had beaut weather so not needed to. Lydia is excessive, like she is with everything though. Who actually has time and patience for a full on fake tan itinerary everyday? Obviously Lydia as she classifies this as part of her ‘working day’. I still can’t fathom how she can put fake tan on in the morning then get fully dressed whilst it develops. I’m aware she’s not the most hygienic, but she must stank.

It’s definitely a box full of Glóby junk. More junk than in her trunk that’s for sure. Ass not LV. Maybe both though.

Figured out why her feet are so butch. All that standing on her tippy-toes is like a full on weights workout. More muscle mass than Rocky Balbao.

Ali has insane photography skills and given they’ve had 10 weeks or so in lockdown to create and shoot promo, perhaps he’s purposely sabotaged her campaign.

Lydia - Babeeee I’ve just thought of the best idea.
Ali - Ermm what’s that? (starts suspiciously looking around for more paint).
Lydia - I’m gonna twirl and spin a tablecloth around. It’ll be so exclusive. No one else has ever done this before. Ever. I’m just so always at the top of my game (cue smug smile).
Ali - (Robotic voice). Yes, Lyds. I’m so proud of your progress, Lyds.
Lydia - (Smug smile again. Sprints, speedy gonzales style, to the dining table, pulls said tablecloth off, ignores beige stains. Whips off sweaty gym gear after 6K trot). Ready Ali.
Ali - (snap, snap, snap).
Lydia - Babeeee do I look sexy? Do I look alluring? I obviously know I do. I could have been a runway model if only I was really 5ft 7”.
Ali - Ermm it’s not really picking up on camera...
Lydia - Well you’re clearly just not as creative as me, ALI. I have to do everything in this marriage.
Ali - (eye rolls so hard, gets mild concussion).
Lydia - We’ll just have to say the camera is really old then. Oh and I have bad PMT. And maybe ate a family-sized Dominos last night.
Ali - We have 87 gifted cameras though, will they fall for that?
Lydia - (eye rolls) Of course babeeee, they’re sooo stoopy. They believe everything I say.
Lydia - (slumps down on sofa) I’ve had such a hard bougie boss witch day. I feel just like such a real blogger. I’m gonna have to increase the cost of my Glóby box now to £197 so I can take a well-earned week off. I’ll say I’ve got PMT again. Or reading up on BLM.
Lydia - (whilst watching TV on separate sofas). Babeeee I’ve just thought of another amazing idea.
Ali - (shits himself, literally).
Lydia - If it’s a sellout, no not if, when, I’m gonna do a give away.
Ali - Ermm.
Lydia - One of my used fake tan mitts. Yeah, the gram will go wild. I’ll probably crash it like Kim K did. The lucky winner will never want to wash it. She’ll treasure it forever (cue smug smile, again).
brilliant - very clever

Reactions: 3
I agree with the poster that posted this is likely to be white labelled product & packaging etc. The rushed manner from trademark app, to marketing launch photo in back garden demonstrates that.

Damage limitation would be to hold her hands up and say this product it not inclusive and she’s holding back her launch to ensure when she launches her products will be a range for all or something along the lines of that. Tanning mitts etc will still sell ...people will still want to sled tan and that’s fine safer than sunbathing or those tan machines I guess?
She demonstrated how not to launch a product ... let’s hope all these influencers realise that honesty and integrity are key on a platform, in job or in business and dare I say politics (where we rarely see it!)

Wanted to add that as a WOC whilst I don’t tan I would consider a product for a ‘glow’ to enhance my own skin colour? Guess some moisturisers do that already ...but nonetheless I’m sure a clever marketing person could come up with a non tanning product for natural skin colour glow would sell?

Reactions: 13
I remember one of the first videos I watched (before I was turned off her and before I discovered you all) because she was decorating a house, she received a gift from her house painter and I am sure she barely thanked him and just dropped it on the floor near her tree. I remember thinking at the time how rude that looked, I sort of thought maybe I had misunderstood it all because all I had seen was her laughing and joking with her painter. But now I think, no she probably was that rude.

I have just had a thought, just watched the table cloth wrapped around the head video and after reading what someone said about the video needing to promote whatever your selling, maybe she is flogging teeth whitening stuff. Glowing teeth? She flashes her teeth in this video :unsure:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.