Lydia Elise Millen #23 Linen is my jam, I'm Steve's no1 fan and Glo is just a scam.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
have just had a thought, just watched the table cloth wrapped around the head video and after reading what someone said about the video needing to promote whatever your selling, maybe she is flogging teeth whitening stuff. Glowing teeth? She flashes her teeth in this video :unsure:

Doubt it.Someone posted a screenshot/pic with lidl holding a black mitt when she was tanning and it had a tag/label with her Glo logo on it.

Reactions: 6
We'd like to think this woman has half a brain and thought of something all inclusive, or some complicated item like a tanning gun, or teeth whitening system etc. (not complicated for the rest of the world but for Lydiot, it would be).

Also there's no way she stopped the launch bc it's not inclusive for WOC or truly because of the BLM movement. She is not smart and she is a narcissist. Plus, a lazy cow.

I bet you it's some cheap little mitt, a t-shirt with her name or Glo slapped on it and/or some glow spray mist water thing. She is lazy and if she can't even announce the postponement of a launch by typing a few words and clicking a button, you really think she is going to have some item of substance to sell or have the work ethic and ambition to actually start a very involved beauty product business? I don't for a second.

She can't even pour herself a glass of wine. Her content is lazy and that's just posts and videos. I mean for her 1st product her effort for the ad is just the week before it launches and it's literally a tablecloth on her head?

If it was a substantial product, handled like a real business and a proper product launch, the ad would have been done months or weeks ago before this and she wouldn't have to use a broken down old camera to take a picture of a tablecloth on her bleeping head.

No way does she want nor can she handle the launch of an actual substantial product that will be competitive on the market.

It's probably something worth less than 5 pounds to make and and she'll try and sell it for 50 or more. And her sycophantic, brainless sheep will buy it up thinking she is selling a worthwhile product. I agree with those that believe it's something off Alibaba or some generic, cheap pre-manufactured item where she just slaps her label on and calls it good.

I base this all on the effort she puts into her content - which is just yapping into a home camera as she does her same home routine over and over and over again. And copy and pasting of other people's quotes as her IG posts.

Honestly what can this woman sell that you would buy over tanning products from brands like Clarins, St. Tropez etc. for example?

However, it'll be bloody entertaining to say the least. :m

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
She's been flogging that teeth whitening crap lately that I think others like Lorna Luxe have hmm...

Reactions: 8
I am sure that in one of her old vlogs she said that she had her products sitting in her house for over a year but they don't have a shelf life, meaning they can't expire, so I'm seriously doubting her product is actually a cosmetic product... I'm starting to think it may be just her tanning mitt and a hoodie with her name on it. Because even tanning mists / highlighters etc. eventually expire! But if that is the case imagine the let down...

Reactions: 14
I am sure that in one of her old vlogs she said that she had her products sitting in her house for over a year but they don't have a shelf life, meaning they can't expire, so I'm seriously doubting her product is actually a cosmetic product... I'm starting to think it may be just her tanning mitt and a hoodie with her name on it. Because even tanning mists / highlighters etc. eventually expire! But if that is the case imagine the let down...
I remember her posting a picture of a white sleeve with her name on it. So, there should be a clothing item included. Considering the mitt, I would say, the most logical compliment product will be a single use robe or something like that. For example, when I used to self-tan I always had this problem with nothing to put on while the tan is still on the surface of my skin and sticky. But then that sleeve looked like something belonging to a thick hoodie. Also, why white then? Is it a single use as well?
Then, she also once mentioned that her mother needs that. Unless her mother self-tans, that does not make sense to me.

Reactions: 12
Someone posted a screenshot of her story with a photoshoot in a dark room with pampas grass everywhere. Do we remember what she was wearing? Maybe THAT was the clothing item, and that campaign was meant to advertise that robe (?) and not her bronzed skin as we all assumed?

Reactions: 5
I remember her posting a picture of a white sleeve with her name on it. So, there should be a clothing item included. Considering the mitt, I would say, the most logical compliment product will be a single use robe or something like that. For example, when I used to self-tan I always had this problem with nothing to put on while the tan is still on the surface of my skin and sticky. But then that sleeve looked like something belonging to a thick hoodie. Also, why white then? Is it a single use as well?
Then, she also once mentioned that her mother needs that. Unless her mother self-tans, that does not make sense to me.
Yes it was white whos going to wear a white hoodie after tanning? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
My new theory - It’s perfume.
She said it’s seasonal and she has more products coming after the first one, so I’m guessing she has a spring/summer scent then she will have autumnal and winter scents. It ties in with the first tease picture of her sleeve/wrist. People put perfume on their wrists. She did a little hint in the vlog where she chooses Ali’s outfit and made a point of choosing a scent for him to go with the outfit. I haven’t really seen her get too exited about any perfumes she gets in PR or tell her viewers in vlogs what perfume she is using that day as she could be using her own. She can easily get a perfume made and put her name on it. Countless celebs and influencers have done this and they roll a new one out every few months, the fans keep buying them because they want every one of the perfumes. The box makes sense as perfume can come in a box. With the bottles being glass they’re usually laid out in plastic/cardboard within a box. The skincare/beauty brand will be called Glo but each perfume will be called something like ‘Spring Glo’ and ‘Autumn glow’ or whatever then she will branch out into other things like makeup and tan. The video of the big doily on her head has perfume advert vibes to it.

Reactions: 20
Didn't she say it is just one product for now? I think it's just going to be the tanning glove. And I'm not convinced it's going to be any tanning products, as she wouldn't wanna lose that St. Tropez money.

Reactions: 5
I can’t believe she gave the whole spiel about caring about BLM and she’s been SILENT for two whole days. Now is not the time to be silent, now is the time to speak up and promote links, petitions, places to donate. She truly disgusts me. She did one day of sharing links and really thought that would be enough. She can just log out and forget about things like this after pretending to care, block people can’t do that. The fact she’s failed to realise this just goes to show she’s a bleeping ignorant idiot.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Also I'm surprised she hasn't gone the homeware route...she's really into marketing herself that way. I remember a while back she worshipped Aerin and said she aspired to have a brand like that.

It also seems like a safer route. A lot harder to f*ck up some frames and candle holders than a beauty product.

• Heart
My new theory - It’s perfume.
She said it’s seasonal and she has more products coming after the first one, so I’m guessing she has a spring/summer scent then she will have autumnal and winter scents. It ties in with the first tease picture of her sleeve/wrist. People put perfume on their wrists. She did a little hint in the vlog where she chooses Ali’s outfit and made a point of choosing a scent for him to go with the outfit. I haven’t really seen her get too exited about any perfumes she gets in PR or tell her viewers in vlogs what perfume she is using that day as she could be using her own. She can easily get a perfume made and put her name on it. Countless celebs and influencers have done this and they roll a new one out every few months, the fans keep buying them because they want every one of the perfumes. The box makes sense as perfume can come in a box. With the bottles being glass they’re usually laid out in plastic/cardboard within a box. The skincare/beauty brand will be called Glo but each perfume will be called something like ‘Spring Glo’ and ‘Autumn glow’ or whatever then she will branch out into other things like makeup and tan. The video of the big doily on her head has perfume advert vibes to it.
That would be a good product, but ik
Not so sure she’d have enough creativity to do that especially with the autumn, spring Glo idea. Then again she may prove everyone wrong. However doesn’t change the fact she handled the launch terribly !

Reactions: 3
I don't know who her "Team" is but if I were on her "team" I'd say the release statement the day it was decided not to launch on the 4th; give another date (assuming product is available) and then perhaps say that x percent of revenue from sales goes to her charity of choice, if she is in fact this passionate about the BLM movement. But this means she'd have to give up some money which I doubt she is willing to do.

While I understand her decision, she still has hyped this up for WEEKS and people have been anticipating the release. These are potential customers and she has to understand the business aspect of that. If it was "8:36 AM" two days before launch, THAT was the time to release the statement. Not hours after it was missed.

I also wonder if since she had to change her brand name if that means all the boxes, etc. had to be trashed/re-ordered, hence the real reason for the delay? Then used the events of the week to postpone?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
No work getting done today too busy sitting here watching the Real Housewives of Josie LDN... 👀
Also I'm surprised she hasn't gone the homeware route...she's really into marketing herself that way. I remember a while back she worshipped Aerin and said she aspired to have a brand like that.

It also seems like a safer route. A lot harder to f*ck up some frames and candle holders than a beauty product.
Nah it'd be some wicker basket with her initials on a la Farnham & Marrow.

*Fortnam & Mason there lol couldn't remember the name.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Didn't she say it is just one product for now? I think it's just going to be the tanning glove. And I'm not convinced it's going to be any tanning products, as she wouldn't wanna lose that St. Tropez money.
You could be right. I just quickly watched the 5minute chat she had about the brand and she says ‘people have seen it on my table and asked where did you get that’ and ‘I’m hoping all of you like me need this’. It’s as if she’s talking about a tool or an item you need. You don’t need a perfume and everyone already has a few. Whereas a tan mitt you would need (If you tan). She said she was going to release it last year but was running out of the timeframe to sell the seasonal product (summer). That confuses me because people tan in winter too but I’m guessing sales for tan products are probably higher during summer. It would be a bad business decision to release something that doesn’t run out though. If you have a tanning mitt, it would last months, maybe longer so you wouldn’t repurchase it. You can wash them. She will have to bring something else out soon after to keep sales flowing. Whatever it is, it’s going to be an anti-climax for her fans now after taking months to reveal it.

Reactions: 7
You could be right. I just quickly watched the 5minute chat she had about the brand and she says ‘people have seen it on my table and asked where did you get that’ and ‘I’m hoping all of you like me need this’. It’s as if she’s talking about a tool or an item you need. You don’t need a perfume and everyone already has a few. Whereas a tan mitt you would need (If you tan). She said she was going to release it last year but was running out of the timeframe to sell the seasonal product (summer). That confuses me because people tan in winter too but I’m guessing sales for tan products are probably higher during summer. It would be a bad business decision to release something that doesn’t run out though. If you have a tanning mitt, it would last months, maybe longer so you wouldn’t repurchase it. You can wash them. She will have to bring something else out soon after to keep sales flowing. Whatever it is, it’s going to be an anti-climax for her fans now after taking months to reveal it.
My guess is that she's starting off with the non-controversial glove to gauge the success of the sales. If its even moderately successful I imagine the returns would be higher than what she earns as an ambassador (?) for St. Tropez and By Terry. If it takes off then she could easily ditch those sponsorships in lieu of growing her own brand. The name of her brand is telling in which direction she wants to go so it's inevitable. But something tells me this is going to be a brand that quietly disappears with no explanation much like Tanya Burr Cosmetics. Having a successful brand requires a lot more effort and intentionality, and can't merely sustain as a side hustle. In contrast, people like Victoria Beckham, Gwenyth Paltrow, and the Olsen twins were successful with their new ventures because they entirely shifted their focus to their brands.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Seriously how revolutionary can a tanning mitt be? If that is the product, I reckon it will be like a tanning mitt kit, with a long one so you can do your back etc, but really who is going to rush to get one of those when you can get them from the supermarket, or even free with some tanning products. But I think for sure it is not something she has had designed and produced herself otherwise it would be patented wouldn't it? If it was a unique and new design product, no doubt she's sourced it from Alibaba or somewhere like that and had her logo stuck on, shove it in a nice box with a hoodie and she's so damm arrogant she thinks that cos it has her name on it, it becomes coveted. Because the first Cult Beauty box sold out, she probably thought that her endorsement is like a golden ticket, she's going to be wrong!

Sorry for long post but look below, these are the trademark classifications she's applied for.

Classes and terms
Class 3
Non-medicated cosmetics and toiletry preparations; cosmetics; moisturisers, facial toners; facial serums; facial masks; facial cleansers; toiletries, soaps, perfumery; fragrances; essential oils; shampoos; conditioners; lotions; creams; anti-perspirants and deodorants for personal use; preparations for the care and treatment of the body, face, skin or hair; facial serums; masks; shower gels; moisture lotions; moisture creams; body scrubs; bath gels; bath oils; bath creams; facial moisturising lotions; face masks, eau de toilette; parfums; scented body sprays; body gels; body lotions; body creams; body masks; body contouring patches; facial creams, lotions and toners; hand care creams, masks, facial serums and scrubs; skin moisturisers; dentifrices; antiperspirants; eau de cologne; detergents (not for use in industrial or manufacturing processes or for medical use); preparations for cleansing, moisturising and/or care of the skin or hair; depilatory preparations; toilet preparations for use in the bath; aftershave lotions; shaving creams; fragrances; room fragrances; potpourris; essential oils.
Class 21
Brushes and mitts for use in cosmetic applications; brushes and mitts for use in applying sun tan lotions, creams, sprays; brushes and mitts for personal hygiene; exfoliating mitts; cosmetic sponges; sponges, loofahs, brushes for use in the shower and bath; sponges, loofahs, brushes for cleaning and exfoliating the skin, face and body; body cleansing and scrubbing puffs; make-up sponges; facial and body brushes; cosmetic exfoliating and massage mitts; exfoliating gloves; cosmetic socks for moisturising feet; cosmetic brushes; make-up brushes; applicators for cosmetics and make-up; cosmetic bags [fitted].
Class 25
Clothing, footwear, headwear.
Class 35
Promotional services in the form of online entertainment and education; promotional services in the form of sharing of multimedia content via the Internet and other computer and communications networks; advertising; retail services and on-line retail services connected with the sale of a variety of personal care and beauty products, moisturisers, facial toners; facial serums; facial masks; facial cleansers; toiletries, soaps, perfumery; fragrances; essential oils; shampoos; conditioners; lotions; creams; anti-perspirants and deodorants for personal use; preparations for the care and treatment of the body, face, skin or hair; facial serums; masks; shower gels; moisture lotions; moisture creams; body scrubs; bath gels; bath oils; bath creams; facial moisturising lotions; face masks, eau de toilette; parfums; scented body sprays; body gels; body lotions; body creams; body masks; body contouring patches; facial creams, lotions and toners; hand care creams, masks, facial serums and scrubs; skin moisturisers; dentifrices; antiperspirants; eau de cologne; detergents (not for use in industrial or manufacturing processes or for medical use); preparations for cleansing, moisturising and/or care of the skin or hair; depilatory preparations; toilet preparations for use in the bath; aftershave lotions; shaving creams; fragrances; room fragrances; potpourris; essential oils, brushes and mitts for use in cosmetic applications; brushes and mitts for use in applying sun tan lotions, creams, sprays; brushes and mitts for personal hygiene; exfoliating mitts, cosmetic sponges; sponges, loofahs, brushes for use in the shower and bath; sponges, loofahs, brushes for cleaning and exfoliating the skin, face and body; body cleansing and scrubbing puffs; make-up sponges; facial and body brushes; cosmetic exfoliating and massage mitts; exfoliating gloves; cosmetic socks for moisturising feet; cosmetic brushes; make-up brushes; applicators for cosmetics and make-up, cosmetic bags, make up bags, cosmetic bags [fitted], clothing, footwear, headgear, enabling customers to conveniently view and purchase these goods via a website or on-line platform; business advice and/or consultancy relating to franchising; provision of business information related to franchising; business information provided on-line from a computer database or the Internet; writing of publicity reports; modelling services relating to advertising; advertising and promotional services including direct mail advertising; loyalty card services; advertising, promotional and marketing services provided by means of social media; setting up, administration, operation and supervision of customer loyalty, sales, incentives and promotional activity schemes and advice and consultancy information relating to such services.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I hope it's a glove. Imagine all of this over a glove. I will pee my pants from laughing.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.