Lucy Mecklenburgh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just had my third baby 3 weeks ago my eldest is 15 and middle is 12, and this baby has been the biggest shock to my system , this has been the hardest baby of all my other two we’re dreams compared to this little nugget . I’m bottle feeding but he has really bad silent reflux and his sleeping pattern is non existent! I’m so tired I could cry! So to see lucy be honest actually gave me a boost and made me feel better it was refreshing to see someone finally being honest and express how hard and exhausting being a new mum is these influencers who portray the perfect mum routines and who post flawless pics etc , really do the community no favours whatsoever and can be damaging to mums with pnd , I actually feel these mums probably have no bond with their baby as they are constantly posing and pouting playing up to the camera for the gram when they should be invested in their babies !!!!!

Reactions: 12
From her stories of people who have helped her this week it looks like she has been in touch with the ‘sleep consultant’ that I mentioned a few pages back. Babies aren’t programmed to sleep! He’s what, 2 and a half months old?! I know lack of sleep is really hard (my eldest didn’t sleep through until he was 2 and still regularly wakes up now) but he’s still so young.

Reactions: 9
I used to like Lucy, but have had to unfollow her, I didn’t monitor any of my children’s sleep when they were newborns, her obsession with it just seems ridiculous!

Reactions: 10
I used to like Lucy, but have had to unfollow her, I didn’t monitor any of my children’s sleep when they were newborns, her obsession with it just seems ridiculous!
I think it would help her massively if she just lowered her expectations a little bit.

As someone who’s had massive anxiety issues in the past, I think she’s overwhelmed and just trying to find something she can control. I’m not a parent so it’s probably unfair for me to comment, but from what you guys have said I think she does just need to give in to it and accept that a baby is not going to sleep just because you want them to!

I think it would help her massively if she just lowered her expectations a little bit.
now I’ve thought about it more I do think thar the issue here is all influencers thinking their baby is just going to be this perfect doll that goes with their outfits. Most of their friends only show there good bits and post insta perfect pictures so no wonder they think that. Where as us ‘ every day folk’ see the real hard truth of parenting, pros and cons from our family / friends because they’re not trying to sell us a dream - they tell us how hard it is! That’s why I have so much respect for Fern McCann because she posts how it is, she will post Sunday having a tantrum and where some then moan about her behaviour and say fern doesn’t discipline her enough.. let’s be honest all 2/3 year olds have the tantrums and her posting it doesn’t show her as a bad mother, it shows every day mums who may have mum guilt that even the influencers with their shiny glitzy lives go through the same
Stuff and not every day is a bed of roses!

Reactions: 6
I felt for her being so honest because she's absolutely right it's hard-but I haven't had various breakfasts in bed,after section I was v lucky husband came home after taking daughter to school before he went to work and made me toast banana and a brew. In the 1st 4 weeks. And sleep routine is just a slap in the face as my 8month old is waking up more than her baby,I bfeed,responsively even more wake ups in the heat and teething too-Lucy you need to give in you have 3months left if that of ebf then you can think of routines -I've not caught up
On the thread but I will x I love hearing everyone's journey the good and bad xx

Reactions: 5
I just saw she posted about that sleep consultant. I get that she is exhausted I really sympathise with her and appreciate her honestly sleep deprivation is a killer!!!! BUT now some new mums are going to think that theres something wrong with their babies not sleeping when actually it is the norm. I don’t think is helps Lucy when Lydia posts about how well her baby sleeps. I would get so jealous of my friends sleeping babies 😂

Reactions: 7
I just saw she posted about that sleep consultant. I get that she is exhausted I really sympathise with her and appreciate her honestly sleep deprivation is a killer!!!! BUT now some new mums are going to think that theres something wrong with their babies not sleeping when actually it is the norm. I don’t think is helps Lucy when Lydia posts about how well her baby sleeps. I would get so jealous of my friends sleeping babies 😂
Yes that's so true-my friends with babies i never ask the question of how much sleep they are having as I know it would bother me if it was more. As sad as that seems it's such a damaging question-and then Lucy posts the answer without us asking the question I guess is why I get so annoyed! It's a minefield but it's also not that bad,in Lucy's case it's relative to her of course,but chuck another kid in to the mix with their demands,or being alone,if anything lock down should be the time to step away from the clock watching and feed without pumping,pump a bit for storing for the odd longer sleep if needed but don't try and get a sleep pattern out of your baby cause it doesn't work.

Reactions: 3
Yeah i totally agree, if I had any advice for Lucy it would be to take a step back from Lydia or anyone who says their baby consistently sleeps through from a few weeks old. It’s absolute nonsense and the methods Lydia used to achieve that are seriously worrying.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
As others have said in previous posts she needs to just lower her expectations regarding sleep, a lot, she just needs to accept that babies do not sleep like adults, not get a sleep consultant in, no person on the planet can wave a magic wand over your baby and magically make them sleep for longer, what they can do though is take your money and then tell you to engage in parenting practices which do not have your babies best interests in mind, such as leaving them to cry alone in a cot until they just give up hope that mummy will come and pick them up and go to sleep, sleep is 100% developmental at that age, you wouldn’t try and make a baby walk before their legs are ready and the same principle applies to sleep - you can’t force it no matter what a ‘sleep consultant’ will tell you !

Yeah i totally agree, if I had any advice for Lucy it would be to take a step back from Lydia or anyone who says their baby consistently sleeps through from a few weeks old. It’s absolute nonsense and the methods Lydia used to achieve that are seriously worrying.
100% spot on with this!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I worry about that sleep consultant in particulars motives because she always seems to be commenting on and liking ‘famous peoples’ posts. She wants the attention and the fame and the shout outs. I don’t agree with using sleep consultants on babies that are so young. Lucy needs support in managing this new life with Roman, not someone to come and fix him.

• Heart
Flowers because your baby isn't sleeping. I've seen it all now. What next, a box of chocolates because they did a big poo? I understand that sleep deprivation is hard (I have a 3-month-old myself, I am in the midst of it!) but these struggles are hardly unique. She's acting like it's a tragedy and that Roman is difficult and challenging rather than just a completely normal baby doing what babies do.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This is what I get for being nice about her - Lucy please stop banging on about getting (or not getting) a flower with your breakfast. We’ve all (you included) got bigger problems 😂

Reactions: 3
My daughter is 3 next month. She has slept through in her own bed approx TWICE. Both flukes. She just needs her mummy in the night 🤷🏼‍♀️ And that’s what she gets as I’m her comfort. It’s hard and it’s tiring but IT WONT LAST FOREVER! At least I’m hoping it doesn’t 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Don't really see the problem with this? It's not as if he is busy 12 hour shifts!
Yeah again not a parent so maybe a selfish angle here but she’s clearly in need of some sleep, if she can have a better night she might feel better about a lot of things.

Reactions: 6
Don't really see the problem with this? It's not as if he is busy 12 hour shifts!
True. Depends what kind of parent you are I Spose. I was constantly checking on my little one, still do! How old is he? 2m? Shes been constantly moaning about the lack of sleep since he was a few weeks old..I really don’t know what she expected! yes it’s bleeping hard work but wait until he’s hitting those sleep regressions. No ones fully prepared for those sleepless nights but you get on with it

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.