Lucy Mecklenburgh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cut abit of slack for new mums, especially during lockdown. Its a huge shock to the system and not everyone is as strong or as resillient as others. I thought I was really strong, grew up around lots of babies and always helped out, thought I knew what to expect but I still had PND

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I cut abit of slack for new mums, especially during lockdown. Its a huge shock to the system and not everyone is as strong or as resillient as others. I thought I was really strong, grew up around lots of babies and always helped out, thought I knew what to expect but I still had PND
I agree, I have 6 sisters and 2 brothers (all younger- my youngest sister is the same age as my son) and am from a huge family with a million younger cousins. No matter how prepared you feel you are for motherhood it is definitely a shock to the system and the lack of sleep Is a killer. My 4 year old has only started sleeping all the way through the night since lockdown 🙈 and I’m pregnant again so just going to enjoy some sleep for a few months until it starts again!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I
I agree, I have 6 sisters and 2 brothers (all younger- my youngest sister is the same age as my son) and am from a huge family with a million younger cousins. No matter how prepared you feel you are for motherhood it is definitely a shock to the system and the lack of sleep Is a killer. My 4 year old has only started sleeping all the way through the night since lockdown 🙈 and I’m pregnant again so just going to enjoy some sleep for a few months until it starts again!
So true, I find it harsh when people say she should have realised how tough it was going to be as it is impossible to know until you are there yourself. And she has the constant comparison with Lydia, whose baby is an angel (though she got forced into a feeding schedule and is rocked to sleep by a robo crib).
I think lucy's "constant complaining" is actually good for Instagram. So much better than Chloe Lewis, for instance, who went on a romantic mini break without baby when he was just a couple of months, making motherhood look like a breeze (when you have family around to help). At least Lucy is making sure her young audience know that being a mum is not all photo shoots and free crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I feel for Lucy as parenthood is a huge shock to the system no matter how prepared you think you are. I remember when my little boy was about 4 days old getting in bed and feeling the most flat out exhausted I’ve ever been and thinking ‘is this how I’m going to feel for the rest of my life?’ It is overwhelming. And until you have been genuinely sleep deprived for days on end it’s hard to relate. We were quite lucky in that our little boy everything clicked into place at about 6 weeks old but I don’t think I would have coped well If his sleeping hadn’t improved. I’ve simply told my friends that until they have a baby they have to give me sympathy and say nothing more because you honestly cannot prepare yourself for parenthood! 😂

Reactions: 11
I feel for Lucy as parenthood is a huge shock to the system no matter how prepared you think you are. I remember when my little boy was about 4 days old getting in bed and feeling the most flat out exhausted I’ve ever been and thinking ‘is this how I’m going to feel for the rest of my life?’ It is overwhelming. And until you have been genuinely sleep deprived for days on end it’s hard to relate. We were quite lucky in that our little boy everything clicked into place at about 6 weeks old but I don’t think I would have coped well If his sleeping hadn’t improved. I’ve simply told my friends that until they have a baby they have to give me sympathy and say nothing more because you honestly cannot prepare yourself for parenthood! 😂

I still feel like this. 16.5 months in. 5 weeks until no2 arrives. I don't think there is a day I have felt good in the last or so 2 years 😫

Reactions: 3
I have a baby a bit younger than Roman and honestly I just let her sleep as and when she wants to - which is a lot! Mostly on me! I read somewhere that newborns need a lot of sleep 18-19 hours a day so she shouldnt be worrying about danger naps! Just let the baby do its thing!

Reactions: 12
Just had to come on to say it really annoys me when influencers/ celebs post a story of a takeaway and you just know it was gifted to promote, there’s enough sushi on the table for 6 people easily, no way they would have ordered all of that if they were just ordering a takeaway for two and paying for it!

Reactions: 4
Not just Lucy who is guilty of this but WHY do influencers have to have been on a breastfeeding journey? It is just breastfeeding.
Myleene klass is another one who has been a "brave breastfeeding warrior". We don't need you influencers to normalise breastfeeding. It is already normal! If anything making such a big deal about it is the opposite of normalising it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not just Lucy who is guilty of this but WHY do influencers have to have been on a breastfeeding journey? It is just breastfeeding.
Myleene klass is another one who has been a "brave breastfeeding warrior". We don't need you influencers to normalise breastfeeding. It is already normal! If anything making such a big deal about it is the opposite of normalising it.
I love your username :D

I think possibly because a lot of mums struggle with it, and there seems to be a lot of guilt around whether you can or can't, whether you enjoy it or don't enjoy it, whether the baby is happy etc it probably helps to see people not find it easy?

Not only that but they always make it look so glam by only showing a nicely latched sleepy baby feeding when in reality it's getting punched in the boob a million times, getting scratched in the face, kicked in the side and getting covered in milk when they unlatch mid let down and theres a fountain spraying everywhere.
If they want to "normalise" breastfeeding then show the real and messy side aswell as the sweet moments that come with it.

Reactions: 8
Breastfeeding isn’t the norm though, bottlefeeding is. Breastfeeding isn’t invested in nearly as much as it needs to be and I think anyone talking about it is beneficial.

Completely agree she needs to show the difficult side of it though and stop the bloody pumping. Mind you I think she just needs to adjust her expectations in general for parenting.

Reactions: 7
Breastfeeding isn’t the norm though, bottlefeeding is. Breastfeeding isn’t invested in nearly as much as it needs to be and I think anyone talking about it is beneficial.

Completely agree she needs to show the difficult side of it though and stop the bloody pumping. Mind you I think she just needs to adjust her expectations in general for parenting.

I found the complete opposite. No one mentioned bottlefeeding support during any of my antenatal classes - I was the only one who was going straight to bottle. No one mentioned it during my hospital stay. My midwife asked if she was feeding and how much. My HV hasn’t been able to visit due to lockdown.
All support I see is directed at breastfeeding 🤱🏼

Reactions: 22
I found the complete opposite. No one mentioned bottlefeeding support during any of my antenatal classes - I was the only one who was going straight to bottle. No one mentioned it during my hospital stay. My midwife asked if she was feeding and how much. My HV hasn’t been able to visit due to lockdown.
All support I see is directed at breastfeeding 🤱🏼
You’re right that initially support is directed at breastfeeding rather than bottlefeeding but if you look at the statistics bottlefeeding is definitely the norm. Support also quickly disappears and any issues I experienced with breastfeeding I was always told “you’ve given her colostrum, just go onto bottlefeeding” instead of offering constructive advice.

Sadly rather than giving women balanced information about the two the NHS has chosen to not mention bottlefeeding which I completely disagree with. At the end of the day the best choice is an informed choice.

There needs to be fair unbiased advice about both rather than pushing breastfeeding initially but failing women when they actually need supporting. I don’t think it’s fair that woman can’t speak to midwifes/HVs about bottlefeeding because the statistics speak for themselves and show that the vast majority of babies are partly or completely bottlefed by 6 weeks.

I also wish there was more mention of combined feeding because it’s perfectly doable to breastfeed and bottlefeed together but nothing is ever said about it.

Reactions: 9
My post was not really what I meant - and I got sidetracked by how annoying I find myleene klass! I think it is great that people share their experience, especially people like Lucy with young followers. I just find the phrase "breastfeeding journey" such an annoying Instagram cliché! Why can't she just say "so and so helped me when I started breastfeeding."

I got quite a balanced view of both breast and bottle when I was pregnant and was open to either. Would say that the number of mums I know is also evenly split between breast, bottle and mixed. I wouldn't say there is a normal these days.

I just don't like it when women use something that millions of women do to promote themselves (myleene I am talking to you)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She’s doxing again....she could have at least covered the woman’s name!!
really bad of her to not cover the ladies name or face! She didn’t even say anything too bad she was questioning regarding the baby seat but when you put yourself out there to millions expect questions!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.