Lucy Mecklenburgh #2 Loads of ads and freebies galore but there’s no hiding Ryan’s a bore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So many breastfeeding mothers who want to “normalise” it (it bleeping is normalised, its the choosing not to do it that isn’t normalised and I say this as a breastfeeding mother) take totally the wrong route. Like they’re trying to recruit all the women they can. Like they’re bleeping Jehovah’s Titnessess. That’s really not what being an advocate is. Yes speak openly about breastfeeding because there’s a few bits of it that differ with bottle feeding of course. Yes don’t hide yourself away in a toilet feeding your child. Yes free the nipple just in general. Just...be there if someone wants to ask you questions. Put yourself out there as a breastfeeding mother, let people know you’re approachable on the subject and bleeping move on with your life.

Also not wanting to question her experiences but places where I’ve had a whole tit out include the hospital, my home, countless other homes of friends and family, Nando’s, Starbucks, Debenhams, Wagamama, the park, the car, the safari park...not once been given a second look or a comment.
Love your post 💕 exactly this!! But she will never hear a realistic point of view that differs from hers, she just wants smoke blown up her arse and to get a massive clap on the back for doing it - something she has moaned about constantly on social media and seems to not enjoy doing!!!

This exactly... the best way to normalise it is just to bloody get on with it. Don't make a big deal of it, because then others will too. I don't want a big pat on the back just for getting my baby fed because at the end of the day, that's what all mums are doing. Seeking validation for doing something that is totally normal (and even dull sometimes!) is just classic of these influencers who feel like everything they do is a cut above and super special.
Yesssssss!! 100% agree !

Reactions: 2
I have plenty of mates who breastfeed, a couple of my closest do and I always tag them in memes on Facebook about making awkward eye contact while they've got their boob out or the baby biting them 🤣 They just laugh and see it as banter. None of them are one bit bothered if they get a funny look or even that I tagged them in a meme. They don't belittle me for not breastfeeding either. Its 2020 i bet not that many people are even bothered. She's just picked out the one that is and ran with it so it blew up and made a big thing.

Reactions: 4
How many public places Is she going where he needs to be fed anyway?!? I’m not saying people should be staying in the house 24/7 because of corona but surely she’s not going out all day everyday it can only be the odd time she needs to feed him in public anyway

Reactions: 5
Great if you can breastfeed Lucy, but dont be so sanctimonious. Theres plenty of things she does that other mothers can be judgey about. That pod her baby sleeps overnight in, the ear plugs, the constant pimping out his private moments. Always found her overly smug long before she was a preachy mother.

Reactions: 10
She is the type that make my breastfeeding situation so much bigger than what it actually is to others,I feel that current climate situation takes
Away allot
Of going out and about with baby and with baby eating now takes out allot
Of the actual need to breast feed in public,I'm not against it,I just call her bullshit,and with babies not wanting to sit still mine is on and off like I don't know what and there is a risk of my boob being on show to all so I'm not in to that either. No one is not going to protest against feeding,if you're discreet and respectful to others they are likely to be back. I would be inclined to say she likes to be seen ,she is more interested in who is looking than what she's actually doing it for probably. Grrr she needs to stop talking about breast feeding and actually normalise it by not
Making it such a big deal.

I wonder how her bestie LB thinks of her preachy BF posts 🙄 she used to be my fave of the 2 but then she had her little one and her true personality came out, I gravitated towards Lucy as I found her more maternal & natural plus she seemed to be going down the same mother earth path I was attempting to go down. Now I just find her too much, too preachy & fake. You just know if covid didn't happen she would have had a couple's or adults only holiday already and left Roman with relatives and been one of those 3 nights out a week people and preaching about needing adult time and how that needs to be normalised despite the fact she would have many nights outs. Covid and lockdown prevented that and she's created this "look at me I'm so perfect" mentality. Also there are some of us breastfeeding mothers who don't feel comfortable doing it out in public, it's not the actual breastfeeding that bothers me it's the having my boob out that does so I went down the route of breastfeeding but also expressing into a bottle for when outdoors (not that Iv needed it much now to be honest). She's so condescending, yet we've all seen her moany whiney posts where she clearly wanted to just give it up & hated it. Same with Romans sleep pattern she chops & changes her attitude about it - 1 min he's sleeping through the night no probs she's all smug other times she's bleating on about lack of sleep as if he never sleeps, it's hard work and she's mentally exhausted with her added teary selfie inserted for added sympathy.

Reactions: 7
She’s so boring. If you watch old TOWIE she’s bleeping dead behind the eyes. “Marrrrk” and “Marrrrrio” made up 80% of her vocabulary

• Haha
I like it when she says she has “nothing against formula” when she clearly thinks your vile if you give your baby formula 😂 I feel like some of those statements she’s said on that latest post are very sweeping statements and are surely just down to the baby. My baby was formula fed and he “eats a variety of flavours” 🤷‍♀️
My son was breastfed and doesn’t eat a variety of flavours 😂😂

Reactions: 2
So she is single handidly normalising breastfeeding. She's some superwoman isn't she. It's definately preaching now at this stage. I have lots of friends with babies and how we feed them has never been a discussion topic. As you say we all just get on with it. My little boy is 2 days younger than Roman and I'm still feeding. I'm planning to stop soon because he had 8 teeth (he got the first 2 at 4 months) and it's bloody sore! I can't wait to see how super mama Lucy copes with that. I also managed without all the free bouncers, buggies and chairs! If she's such a wonderful mother why is Roman watching TV? I thought screen time wasn't recommended before 18 months 🤔🤔 Surely earth mama would know that.

Last edited:
I'm currently 5 months pregnant with my first child; I have no plans to breastfeed, it just really doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm aware of the health benefits etc it's just not something I want to do. But Lucy is able to make me feel like a tit mother and my baby isn't even here yet! I'm going to have to unfilled because the preachy behaviour is just getting too much. We understand Lucy you breastfeed, you're a wonderful mother, those of us who don't are terrible.
I didn’t breastfeed my little one either. Same reasons as you. It just didn’t appeal and I couldn’t bare putting myself and her through the first couple of weeks trying to get established etc etc. I had enough at home to deal with without the added pressure of breastfeeding. I was the only one in my antenatal classes who was to formula feed straight off the bat mind you. Happy mum. Happy baby. You do what you feel comfortable with ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Its natural and normal for me to do a poo but I don't take a picture of me doing it and put it on social media because well I just don't! We know you brestfeed we don't need constant proof of it just like we know people poo! Some people want to brestfeed and can't some people (like me)don't want to and some people do it perfectly it doesn't matter as long as the baby is feed.

Reactions: 10
I'm currently 5 months pregnant with my first child; I have no plans to breastfeed, it just really doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm aware of the health benefits etc it's just not something I want to do. But Lucy is able to make me feel like a tit mother and my baby isn't even here yet! I'm going to have to unfilled because the preachy behaviour is just getting too much. We understand Lucy you breastfeed, you're a wonderful mother, those of us who don't are terrible.
I've never breastfeed, and I'm not a mother. But I believe Fed is best. Ignore Lucy, she is so up her own arse thinking she's perfect. I was not breastfed, my mum had bad mastitis when I was born and was also worried she would suffocate us as she is quite large breasted. But we turned out fine and when she weaned us we ate everything! I applaud you! You will be a great mum!

Reactions: 6
Wow, am so surprised she didn’t use BREASTmilk on that weetabix this morning. You know, because she breastfeeds

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ryan has now but Lucy hasn’t put a post up... how awful must that make Scarlett feel

Reactions: 1
Billie Mucklow has just shared a post on her Instagram about bottle feeding, and how she decided to do it for all of her children and refused to feel pressured to breastfeed. A breath of fresh air ....

Reactions: 17
I don’t think you should act like a God for breastfeeding. Or act like you are better than others. Breastfeeding is hard (although personally i think bottle feeding is more effort - expensive formula and loads of things to clean!) I do breastfeed and it does take a toll on my mental health, as it has made me so hormonal, but it is my choice and I have done that. I wouldn’t preach to others to do the same. Although I do think every mum should try to give their baby the colostrum. If a nurse helped you pump it out it would be minimal effort and amazing health benefits. Then again I had a C section so my baby missed out on the health benefits of a vaginal delivery, and I don’t believe she is now at a disadvantage because of it !!

Reactions: 7
Billie Mucklow has just shared a post on her Instagram about bottle feeding, and how she decided to do it for all of her children and refused to feel pressured to breastfeed. A breath of fresh air ....
I think her Instagram story was very negative. Acting like it’s a sexual thing. The insta post very different to her insta story

I think her Instagram story was very negative. Acting like it’s a sexual thing. The insta post very different to her insta story
I didn’t see the story, I just watched however and I know what you mean. The way she say it seems weird to her even though it’s natural. It’s still nice to hear a different view on bottle feeding though

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.