Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wibble

VIP Member
Because it would’ve added nothing what her high school friends or parents thought about her - ofc they’d be biased. Ben knew that, that’s probably why he didn’t call them as witnesses. He worked with what he had which wasn’t a lot. Speaks for itself really.
Leaving time management issues of the court aside.

It would have opened her up to questions about her character, relationships, etc.
As it is she is pretty much a closed book.

Reactions: 3

Bread

Chatty Member
If anyone wants to be serious about race being a factor in the case, they'd point to why Lucy Letby could see a 'white' baby had turned blue in a darkened room with a canvas hood over the baby, but couldn't see an asian baby had turned blue in a lit room in broad daylight.

When you look at where this race narrative comes from it stinks of a PR campaign designed to obscure matters.

Also one should consider the number of 'non white' (whatever that means) people involved in this case.... and then extrapolate it across Lucy Letby's training and her practice as a nurse.
And then ask, why Lucy Letby would make that claim about not seeing the baby had turned blue: or purple, or grey, or white, or whatever colour the baby actually was at the time.

But if it takes people's mind off matters that were actually addressed in the court and are actually relevant, and it keeps 'em happy, good luck to them.
And hats off to the PR guru that dreamed it up and got it trending.
I'm embarrassed to admit this but I don't know what you mean. Please can I ask?!

Benicasm1

Emma Kenny's been silent since the verdict I see. She's not willing to admit that she was wrong about this evil cunt, eh?
Ahh what was Emmas take? Not suprised to see she again chose the wrong corner. I used to have loads of time for her but she has become a right eejit since the pandemic.

LadyMuck

VIP Member
The comments with this article are shocking. Clearly people don’t know how the parents behaved during the trial.

The same parents who said 'take me, I did it' thereby trying to absolve her of the crime
---
Emma Kenny's been silent since the verdict I see. She's not willing to admit that she was wrong about this evil cunt, eh?
What did she say?

Cunning Linguist

Yeah and there is an officer on the police doc that says it too which made me just watch the crime scene to court room on it again. I don’t know why I didn’t take in the enormity of it previously but I think it’s HUGE and she absolutely should have been asked where the hell she got them from as they weren’t there on the first search. Really troubling. I wonder what else she hid away from both properties. Now my brain is trying to remember if she was questioned on the stand about being at her property after arrest one when she shouldn’t have returned- possibly when BNE gave her the social media bundle it was mentioned 🤔 could be wrong.
Speaking of CS2C, I’d be interested to know if any of our roving tattle reporters agreed with his view that she was mainly very credible on the stand? Until her “rare” losses of temper and the mask slips etc?

slingo16

Chatty Member
I don’t remember her ever being asked that. I wonder where on earth she kept these papers that were found later though. I assume they searched her car even though I don’t think it’s been mentioned.
After which arrest did they dig the garden up?

Katkitkat

In my original post I meant as long as she tells the truth about who her victims are, to stop parents not in the trial wondering whether or not she hurt their children or is responsible for the deaths, and also help the families who received a NG verdict. I’m not stupid, I know that would never happen hence why I said I wouldn’t give her that much credit.
Woah, I never called you stupid! I didn't imply that you're stupid either so not really sure where that's come from! I thought we were discussing your original comment? I gave you my opinion and you gave yours, don't try to imply that I've insulted you.

e.l.lofthouse

VIP Member
The key part here is "I killed them on purpose - BECAUSE I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH".

That's not a murderer panicking about being caught, that's a calculated attempt to absolve herself from blame IMO. She thought she would get off.
---

They invented this thing called google, it's amazing.
Not everyone can find it all on Google... Honestly.

Tofino

VIP Member
New thread

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
Does anyone have info or a link to info - on the baby that was declared a NG by the judge at the start? Was this a boy or girl? I’m just wondering about the details of this poor thing, being forgotten now really ☹ any help appreciated
I can only find a Daily Mail link.
She was found NG at her pre trial hearing back in 2022 due to lack of evidence, but they were still pursuing charges for Attempted Murder of that baby.

From memory I can't remember which baby it relates to in the case, but I think our saviour @Tofino put it in the Wiki.

Wings

Don't get me wrong, I get that she wrote that BUT in the grand scheme of things within the prosecution they weren't the focus.

And yes I do :) I've been using that phrase wrong my whole life! Thankyou!
No I get that, but they do add a lot of colour and give an insight into her thoughts and mental state.

ElChanguito

VIP Member
Morning, hope everyone's ok. I haven't caught up on the news or these threads, but before I write about going to court yesterday, where the victim's statements broadcast too, or just the sentencing?
No, they weren’t broadcast, but they were recreated and voiced by actors on the radio. Text of the statements was shown on TV news.

Eirawen

VIP Member
I remember reading about her during the trial. She used adrenaline. I think you’re right about them being most similar in mindset/motive.
---
From what I remember she once called in a bomb threat at the hospital to derail the investigation into what she’d been doing. 😳
Haven't heard that one before!

bluefootedbooby

I can’t believe the number of green arrows this comment got , I honestly thought the supportive comments on twitter was just a handful of people with fake accounts
The more time goes on, the more the whole notes things frustrate me, because they were literally such an inconsequential piece of information that actually had barely any baring on the case. There was no medical evidence on the post-its, no proper confession, just some random ramblings, that in the end I don't think the jury even considered because they had no reference to the babies.

The notes are a smoking gun, and I wish people would see this.

Ensay

VIP Member
Hi all,
New to the threads, can anyone explain to me why you all keep talking about Matalan and bags for life? 🤪
Also is it true that the police found a 12 inch vibrating dildo in her shower when they searched her home 😱😱😱?
I still wanna know if Deez Nuts Lol is your full name.

• Haha

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Remember when the house searches were taking place and they went digging in the garden and excavated parts, I wonder if/what they expected to find there?
As I listened to the prosecution in court I wondered if there would be any mention of this, but there wasn't.
I don’t remember that. I wonder what triggered that particular search? I wonder if we’ll ever be told.

Faith61

VIP Member
Oh I don’t doubt she probably did something at LWH - especially if families are coming forward from 2012 and 2013. Unlike some people, LL didn’t just snap, so I feel like there probably was some instances of ‘unexplained’ harm. It would not surprise me if in the coming years she gets charged with other things (similar to how Bellfield was charged with Milly Dowler’s death years later).
Exactly....it really is sickening 🤢