Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JayWhere

Great post. I have been a FLO in the past, it is truly a difficult role. Im sure they,along with the investigation team have been profoundly affected by this. I recall hearing one of the officers saying that they all wanted to believe there was some other explanation to those babies dying . Sadly there wasnt
Thank you. I can only imagine how tough that role is! It must take a lot to deal with what you witness but the support you give is amazing

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Aberscot

Chatty Member
Interesting phrasing about parents that has been informed that “the birth of their child” is part of the ongoing inquiry. They were informed earlier this year apparently. Would have thought it would be “their time on the unit” etc if like the other cases.
I know she attended births too.
What was her role at Liverpool womans, could it relate to the deaths there, so not on the unit at Chester?

Reactions: 4

daisynoon

Chatty Member
This has probably been asked already, but having seen someone mention 30 more babies that are being looked at with a scope of over 4000 to look at, what happens if they find there evidence to charge her with, but there couldn't be a fair trial due to finding a jury etc...

I doubt she would ever plead guilty to further crimes as I doubt she would ever plead guilty to these ones.

I have tried good old Google, but not had any luck.
I remember someone equating her with Shipman in this regard, and found this article. I imagine Letby would be similar.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/647866.stm

Screenshot_20230823_121415_Firefox.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 3

nothinonyou

VIP Member
silly question but was lucy's hair dyed blonde? i saw an article which said it was and then obviously went back to dark in custody. but as a child she's blonde? just wonder if she's like my friend who was always blonde then as she got older it got darker and darker

Padparadascha

I agree.

Though my point was to the question raised by Crime Scene 2 Court on Youtude of how the black bag found during the second search got there if the garage had already been searched.

The obvious answer is that it was put there by someone between the first and the second search.

My questioning of the garage not being included, for whatever reason, in the warrant was an attempt to find an innocent explanation - beyond it being missed during the first search.
It could just be as simple as when she moved out of the Nurses accommodation she stored some things in her parents house until she moved into her new house. As people often do when they are between homes. Then when she bought her house, she moved some stuff but some got left there.

So maybe once the first search was over, she might have thought "fuck, there's a bag at mums, what if they search there next?" and moved it to her house. Most people would assume that a police search would be the one time unless you follow a lot of true crime or are in the policing or legal profession so she may well have though that they wouldn't search her house again after the first search.

That could explain why it appeared between the first and second searches. They knew they were dealing with several suspicious deaths by the time they got the first search warrant, so they knew it was a potential serial killer. It seems highly unlikely therefore that the first search was half-arsed.

SmudgeTheCat

Chatty Member
I read that if she plead guilty early on she may not have got the whole life order because they see it as you taking responsibility.

e.l.lofthouse

VIP Member
She'll be on suicide watch permanently. The prison authorities got a lot of criticism after West and then Shipman were able to kill themselves.
Weren't they also at the same prison? Which makes it more embarrassing.

Edited to add they weren't at the same prison. Shipman was Wakefield and West Birmingham.

Although their was only nine years between them, both awaiting trials for high-profile and horrific crimes against people who trusted them.

Still absolutely embarrassing, even it was different prisons where they cowardly took their own lives.

Last edited:

RR20

I've been reading the news coverage of this case and thought I'd share some of my thoughts on here as it seems so unfathomable a nurse could do this. Has anything been said about why Letby trained to be a nurse, did she plan all along to harm patients if she got the opportunity to. I wonder if she felt superior to the parents of the babies she murdered and entitled to kill their babies because she was the nurse with medical knowledge and they weren't. The parents spoke to Letby before their babies died so perhaps Letby felt superior to the parents when speaking to them and felt a sense of entitlement to kill their babies. Also if Letby genuinely thought she'd never have a family perhaps she felt jealous of the parents that they could have a family if their babies survived and wanted to take that away from them.

monicalewinsky

Morning Tattlers! I've not contributed to these threads but have dipped in and out during the trial, hats off to everyone for (mostly) having intelligent discussions, and of course a big thanks to those who have attended court and fed back what they could, it's been hard going just reading about it so I can't imagine how tough it must have been to be there in person.

Just something I was wondering about - do we know how the NHS trust dealt with her employment after the first arrest? Obviously she was moved off the unit and into the admin role, but following that, was she suspended and then dismissed when she was arrested for the last time in 2020? As someone who works in HR I've been trying to work out what would be the best course of action - once she was in custody they could dismiss her for frustration of contract, but prior to that it feels a bit of a grey area. You can't dismiss someone because they "might" have done something, yet with those allegations surely they couldn't still have her in the hospital (although given the rest of the cover up shitshow it wouldn't be a surprise). If she was suspended she would have been receiving full pay for sitting on her arse being pandered to by mummy and daddy, telling her she was the best nurse ever and of course everyone knew she hadn't done anything wrong and the nasty police were picking on her etc
I think she was probably suspended on the first arrest, and then a HR investigation. It’s possible she was dismissed anywhere between the first and last. They can also do it depending on how she informed her line manager too - so if she didn’t call them in a timely manner after it then they could have dismissed her on that.