Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Londonlady68

Chatty Member
I don’t think so- the most likely outcome is that she’ll pretty much disappear, as they aren’t allowed to give interviews etc. Other notorious types are a good comparison- you never really see updated photos or information. Possibly more acquaintances might come out of the woodwork, but nothing current.
Jeremy Bamber is on a WLO and he's always appealing, giving interviews, has lots of supporters and has always claimed his innocence.
Unlike Letby, I don't think he had a fair trial although I still think he's guilty. 🤔

Reactions: 1

wibble

VIP Member
No there’s no evidence at all that she attempted a set up for Dr A whatsoever.
Except for the evidence offered by the prosecution that she falsified the medical notes to make it look like the bleeding in (I think it was Baby Q's) throat was caused by him.

wibble

VIP Member
A black bin bag appeared in her garage between the 1st and 2nd arrest and that’s where the “nobody knows what happened and why” note was then discovered. She was not supposed to return to her own house between the arrests.
At the same time and date her parents place is searched and the further 6 handovers are found. Raises serious questions about where she got those handovers from and an insight into her psyche that even after what she’s accused of and been found to have all those medical records collated under her bed, she still couldn’t be without more handovers and marked them “keep”. Totally mind boggling. She should have to answer how she got them and how she got them to her parents home.
My first thought was that the handover sheets came from Doctor A - not that I'm pointing the finger - they could have fallen out of her pocket when he lent her the car - to save her the ten minute walk home.
Mainly because of Killing Me Softly - which I took to be a Roberta Flack reference.

Apropo nothing - is the 'take room' still a thing in hospitals?

wibble

VIP Member
The police definitely did check the garage during their first search.

In the afternoon officers wearing white suits and blue gloves were seen carrying pieces of wood out of the property and digging up the back garden. Forensic teams were also seen conducting a fingertip search of the property, focusing on drains, window ledges and the front garden and garage.

Nurse arrested over Cheshire baby deaths released on bail | Lucy Letby | The Guardian
I agree.

Though my point was to the question raised by Crime Scene 2 Court on Youtude of how the black bag found during the second search got there if the garage had already been searched.

The obvious answer is that it was put there by someone between the first and the second search.

My questioning of the garage not being included, for whatever reason, in the warrant was an attempt to find an innocent explanation - beyond it being missed during the first search.

Wings

Maybe...
Or they are trying to stop wild rumours, or some blabbermouth revealing the details of the parents or children.
The press will already know
Maybe...
Or they are trying to stop wild rumours, or some blabbermouth revealing the details of the parents or children.
the press wouldn’t publish those names as there are court orders preventing it, it’s definitely to shut down anything but the official line

wibble

VIP Member
They didn't want her to break bail to re-question her. They wanted to be very careful on the amount of times they brought her in. They also needed to keep momentum. They wanted to fill in the details that mattered, because they didn't want Lucy to stop talking.
True.

Though I did find myself wondering why, when they went to arrest her the second time at her parents house, were they nervous that she wouldn't be there?

abelleza

Chatty Member
Woah, I never called you stupid! I didn't imply that you're stupid either so not really sure where that's come from! I thought we were discussing your original comment? I gave you my opinion and you gave yours, don't try to imply that I've insulted you.
Wasn’t saying you called me stupid.

milkman

Sorry if this has been answered before but just curious, as there was no verdict on some of the attempted murders could she apply for a retrial on these and also due to the extensive media coverage on the trial over 10 months, could this be grounds for a retrial in an attempt to get a lighter sentence? Not clued up on a lot of the law/sentencing/court stuff but did see a few lawyer tiktoks that this might be the case?

abelleza

Chatty Member
I think she's too sick to tell the truth of why she did it and I don't think it helps anyone for her to explain why she decided to try to kill as many babies as she possibly could. If she says well I killed them because I wanted attention, that doesn't make anything any better for their families imo, it's just more torture. And do we really believe that she'd even be telling the truth? She could come up with 10 different stories over the coming years to prolong the hurt and distress of the grieving families, doesn't mean they are true. Why should she be given a platform for this?
The families know already what happened to their babies and I think most likely they probably don't want to ever see her disgusting face or hear her shitty voice again. The only reason would be for her to admit how many other victims there are but again she will never admit it and she can't be trusted.
I think she should be locked away and never give any opportunity to speak publicly again, she had her chance all throughout the trial and investigation. Let her rot in her own misery now.
In my original post I meant as long as she tells the truth about who her victims are, to stop parents not in the trial wondering whether or not she hurt their children or is responsible for the deaths, and also help the families who received a NG verdict. I’m not stupid, I know that would never happen hence why I said I wouldn’t give her that much credit.

wibble

VIP Member
Well they don't know anything about suspects do they before they arrest and search homes? That's the point of making an arrest and getting a search warrant. They knew she was a note maker after they searched her house. They say in the Op. Hummingbird documentary that they didn't expect to find so much paper evidence at her home.
Agreed.

But DCI Woods also states that they were worried that she might stop making notes and jottings.

Though I do find it slightly puzzling that in court, she always accepted the most incriminating interpretation of what she had written - some of which is ambiguous - and some of which reads like an attempt at something one might leave when shuffling off this mortal coil at one's own hand - which is a good thing, as it is about the best we'll get by way of confession at present.
And somewhat spikes the guns of those claiming there is no evidence.

BullShell

14 WLO’s are only a small victory in this harrowing case.
The families will never have closure from what has happened but hopefully knowing she will see out her days without an ounce of freedom goes a little way to easing the burden on them.

I’ve joined in this thread occasionally, but mainly read from afar so thank you to all of you who have contributed your opinions and facts throughout this trial.

As Operation Hummingbird is still on going I don’t think this is the last we have heard of LL and the horrific crimes she has committed. I think she will be found guilty of more murders in due course unfortunately. I did sway back and forth for the first few months the of this trial but I fully believe now she is EVIL.

I like the idea of renaming these threads Operation Hummingbird so we aren’t giving her any more airtime.

I’m checking out of this thread for now. The victim impact statements have broken my heart today.
Love to everyone here. Look after yourselves. ❤
Sorry, where can I read the impact statements?