Lucy Letby Case #65 Guilty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It really brings it home to hear the statements, like how the family's lives were ruined by her, it wasn't "just" one action. Tom Parmenter on Sky News is doing an absolutely amazing job, you can tell he's barely holding it together.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
All the hospital execs who failed to listen to the consultants warnings should be sacked

Reactions: 25
True, they deserve justice... Isn't Baby K the one she was caught by Dr RJ, in the middle of attacking?
Yes. So it's extra baffling to me that they couldn't reach a verdict.

A lot of the criticism of this case has been the lack of direct evidence. But this is a case where there WAS direct evidence - Ravi Jayram saw her standing over baby K doing nothing whilst she deteriorated. BNE staying silent for the relevant time period in court was also one of the most powerful moments for me. I just don't get it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I can’t bring myself to find any single babies case worse than any of the others, with each one I have a thought that this has made me utterly heartbroken - but they are no more heartbreaking than each other.
The triplets parents will forever be on my mind though, and what haunts me most about them is the ‘back with a bang lol’ message she sent. It is inexplicably horrific in line with what she did to them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Personally, not to jury shame at all and obviously I wasn’t there in receipt of all the inside info. But I would feel so guilty if I couldn’t of come to a solid decision of guilty personally.
There’s obviously at least 8 of them who feel strongly enough to want to turn up to court to see the sentence delivered.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Apologies if this has already been noted, it’s been difficult to keep up, but Alison Kelly has been suspended from her current role

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It really brings it home to hear the statements, like how the family's lives were ruined by her, it wasn't "just" one action. Tom Parmenter on Sky News is doing an absolutely amazing job, you can tell he's barely holding it together.
Yeh he is really good, he was very emotional at times on Friday.

Reactions: 7
New to this thread - I was following early on but then my own baby passed away and I found it too hard to keep up with the trial.

I’m at work with tears in my eyes at the thought of something so cruel being done to an innocent and defenceless child 💔 As someone who has lost a baby, albeit not at the hands of another ‘person’ (words I would like to describe her with are not appropriate) I will hold the parents in my heart forever.

I would love to know these poor babies names to be able to honour them in some way, but I know they’re not being released.

I’m so glad she is getting what she deserves and I hope someone gets hold of her in prison somehow.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
The babies who have survived are anonymous to age 18.

A few of the babies who died are a sibling of those babies - A is B’s twin, E is F’s twin, so to identify A or E would also identify B and F. So those babies would need to be anonymous.

From that point on it was likely far easier to anonymise all babies in this case, rather than risk journos forgetting which ones do and don’t have anonymity orders. Add in that the parents don’t need hounding and may have requested anonymity, and you can see why.
Thanks, this is really useful information and fully understandable.

I suppose I was asking because part of me felt it could verge on disrespectful by just referring to them with a single letter - almost like unmarked graves where the name of someone who died isn't known.

But your post makes me feel better now as it's clearly been done for several very good reasons.

Reactions: 13
I’m so fed up with hearing people say that they are waiting with bated breath to hear what the judge says, and ‘there must be some reason’ why she did this. There is no fixing someone with this level of sociopathy. But they are waiting for a big reveal 😖 I don’t hear anyone saying there must be some unanswered puzzle as to why Rex Heuermann killed women.
It's just difficult to process and people try to impose order upon things.

So trying to accept she works in a different way and enjoys harm for intention and attention is difficult to compute.

Reactions: 2
Does she not have to be there for sentencing? Drag her in
There is someone trying to pass a law that criminals must be there for verdicts and sentencing so hopefully one day it is there, I only wish it was already passed. She should not have the weird pleasure she could find from hearing the parents statements but I do beleive she should be told to her face every single charge and every single sentence.

Reactions: 8
On a break till 12.30, this is absolutely harrowing in person. Hearing the pain, sorrow and anger in the parent's voices 😭 so many tears here from everyone in the courtroom xx
we’re all here channeling every ounce of love we have to you and everyone in that room

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, these threads move quickly. Does anyone know if her parents are in court today?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.