Lucy Letby Case #65 Guilty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Victim Impact Statements currently being heard and can be followed on BBC News channel or via Chester Standard online live reporting.

Sentencing expected at 2pm, televised on news channels.

TW - details within posts are especially distressing today.

🩷🩵

Previous thread here

• Heart
Reactions: 51
The amount of collateral damage it’s caused
Prison is way too good for it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Her parents are cowards too!!! Been in court every day apart from the day that matters the most

• Heart
Reactions: 90
Not just her, but I hope her parents get to know about these impact statements.
They deserve to have them posted through their door every day for the rest of their lives, they shouldn’t be able to escape what their demon child has done, especially given the fact they’ve bent over backwards to defend it

• Heart
Reactions: 76
There is no way she did this for only a year. There is more babies, more families and I hope she is tried for all of them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 114
I wonder if the friend that went every day in support of her has turned up?

• Sick
Reactions: 33
These impact statements ☹ I’m so sad for those poor babies too small to tell anyone. Absolutely horrendous I don’t think any sentence will be enough.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
11:18am

A statement is read out for the mother of Child N.
She said Child N was everything she had ever wanted in life. When the baby boy was born, she hadn't planned for him to be taken to the neonatal unit, and she was so upset.
Preparations were taking place for Child N to be coming home. When they received the news Child N was poorly, they couldn't believe it, and were presented with an "utter catastrophic scene" when they arrived, "not knowing if he was going to live or die".
"The pain was immeasureable - we both live with this every day".
Child N was transferred to Alder Hey Children's Hospital. The longer trip made them "exhausted" both physically and mentally.
She said she knew Child N had been deliberately harmed, and based it on a mother's instinct, and told her partner so, at the time.
When Child N eventually came home, she said she only wanted her or her partner to take Child N for medical appointments. She says she suspects Child N had lasting effects from the attempted murder.
She says there has only been one occasion when the parents have been out socially, since, as they have difficulty trusting anyone else to look after Child N.
A baby monitor was in place until Child N was four or five years old, and Child N still has a camera, as she says they are 'overly protective' of their boy.
She says anything else in life didn't matter, only the welfare of their son. "We do everything possible to keep in safe. If that means wrapping him up in cotton wool, then that is what we'll do."
She says there was a 'mixture of emotions' when police were investigating. They were 'happy and relieved' they were 'finally being listened to'.
He said the worst part of going to court was being away from Child N. Having to listen what she did "weighed heavily" on her mind.
"We don't want her to know the damage she has left - we didn't want her to get any further satisfaction."

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Does anybody know what those holding cells are like in Court? I hope it's as uncomfortable as possible

Reactions: 22
Have child Hs parents not given a statement? Their right not to if they don't feel up to it, just haven't seen anything about it saying they have decided not to....it went from child G to I.

Reactions: 4
11:19am

The final statements are from the parents of Child O and Child P. These have been pre-recorded and are played to the court.
The mother reads out the statement first.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Have child Hs parents not given a statement? Their right not to if they don't feel up to it, just haven't seen anything about it saying they have decided not to....it went from child G to I.
Baby H was NG and no verdict so the parents don’t get to 😔

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
At least I think, she qualified in 2011, plus 3 training years. I think there will be many many more :(
And I’ll bet many many many more that she hurt without killing or even doing permanent damage. Bet she was doing little things like pinching them etc., evil little bleep.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.