Lucy Letby Case #65 Guilty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m still finding it hard to articulate myself since the verdict but I just wanted to say that those parents are all incredibly strong. It’s harrowing for the families that didn’t get the justice they deserve, but I am glad they are all there today supporting one another. Those statements have absolutely floored me, I can’t even imagine the pain 💔💔💔💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
So sorry for your loss @Miss M. I can't imagine what you are going through 💔
Thank you so much.

I can only sympathise with the parents knowing what it’s like not bringing your baby home where they belong, but at the hands of evil I can only imagine it’s a completely different kind of pain 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 20
On a break till 12.30, this is absolutely harrowing in person. Hearing the pain, sorrow and anger in the parent's voices 😭 so many tears here from everyone in the courtroom xx
I cannot begin to imagine how it is to be there. I'm just at home in my kitchen and it's taking all I can do to not cry in front of my children. It is beyond heartbreaking.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Have a lit a candle now in anticipation of the judges sentencing remarks

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Just to note it's unlikely she harmed any babies while being a student as you have to be supervised for procedures so there wouldn't be much opportunity for her to interfere. Just one small silver lining in this dreadful case.

Child Is mum has made me cry
. She was a torturer a beast, she kept on harming her , that precious baby fought so hard. Evil bleep witch.
It depends on where she is on her training. Certainly come the end of her training there would be things she would be able to do under indirect supervision.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Sky news are reading the victim statements, I've read them here but hearing the words said is so powerful, those poor, poor parents.
A very powerful moment for me was reading that Child Cs mother said, "you killed them on purpose, you are evil, you did this".

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Thanks, this is really useful information and fully understandable.

I suppose I was asking because part of me felt it could verge on disrespectful by just referring to them with a single letter - almost like unmarked graves where the name of someone who died isn't known.

But your post makes me feel better now as it's clearly been done for several very good reasons.
Yeah, for reassurance the baby’s names were used in court. They’re never Child (Letter) in there, it’s their names.

I suspect some families will choose to waive anonymity soon, particularly to put pressure on the government for a statutory inquiry.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yes at he beginning there names were known but when the trial started the judge banned anyone naming them, I think this has to remain till there 18. There names were read out in court but reporting was done under babies a-q
Can the families release their names if they wish?

Reactions: 3
The victim impact statements of what the parents were going through in the aftermath shows exactly why the coward was FB stalking them. To feed off this grief. Not a single one of them was happy or celebrating, they were in pain, going through the worst time of their lives, falling apart- only a monster would want to be intruding on these moments.

Well said by the father of O and P, and I hope anyone who justified the coward's FB searches can read this.
"He said the actions of Letby's text messages and Facebook searches were "in poor taste", and found it difficult to see the mother being "so upset""

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
They should drag her from the cells by her hair & make her face those poor parents 😡

Will the babies & families who didn't get a verdict have to go through another trial?
I've been taking to my husband about this case over the last 10 months & even he said he thinks this won't be the last we've heard of her & there will be more babies she's murdered or tried to 🙁

Reactions: 8
I'm curious about how this works? Can anybody attend any trial that is taking place, or do they have to know somebody/have a particular job role to attend?
Anyone can attend a trial. ‘Justice has to be seen to be done’

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm curious about how this works? Can anybody attend any trial that is taking place, or do they have to know somebody/have a particular job role to attend?
Anybody can attend as we have a system of open justice in this country.

Reactions: 3
You can waive your right to anonymity
I was granted it at 19 as my siblings were under 18
the press wanted stories and asked me to waive my right to anonymity

so I’d guess the parents can similarly choose to release their families identities (but not that of other families of course)

otherwise no names can be publicly revealed until the children are 18 at least (unless they are granted lifetime anonymity)

QUOTE="listymint, post: 16451241, member: 363763"]
Can the families release their names if they wish?
[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 9
Anyone can attend in the public gallery, don’t think they’re allowed in the court room though.

Reactions: 2
If they refuse to appear for sentencing, not only should they have additional time added (which would not matter in this case) but all privileges take away from them whilst in jail.

No visits, phone calls, TV, no prison job etc…

Reactions: 22
10 months and in 10 minutes she'll be going away to rot for life. Can't believe we are finally here.

You've got this Judge Goss 😥

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yeah of course, I’ve followed this case closely since October and recognise that there is significant trauma for jury members too, however I just feel it’s inappropriate to have no outcome or real decision on those remaining babies’ murder as surely having sat through a trial of 9 months you’d be hard pressed to convince anyone of her innocence regarding anything pertinent to the case.
I truly feel for those parents who didn't get a verdict. I'm sure they have so much they want to say, so much to release that might help them start to move forward but they don't get the chance to do that. I understand it's so tough for the jurors, but I would be feeling incredibly guilty for this reason.

ETA: I'm not sure whether this will be allowed, but I hope newspapers give these parents a voice and let them say what they have to say publicly, if they want to and if it helps them.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.