Lucy Letby Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd like to disagree.
Spontaneous DCDA (Unidentical twins) are the most common, and falling pregnant as you reach 40 increase your chances of falling pregnant with DCDA twins.
Just to add an alternative point of view.
These parents could very well be IVF recipents, some could carry the hyper ovulation gene, some could be considered geriatric mothers.
I'm 51 and naturally pregnant with my 2nd set of DCDA twins. 1st set I had last Yr at 50.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
When I first heard about the note in the reporting from the prosecution I actually thought well, that is definitely a confession. But actually, on reflection and from reading the full note, it has swayed me to think she’s possibly innocent.. It has really reminded me of when I’ve been in a dark place and wrote in my journal horrible and severe self-loathing ramblings, and so in a way I could relate to some of the parts she wrote. And although not really relevant but I’m doing my training currently in mental health nursing and on one of my placements I walked in on a patient trying to suffocate herself with a bag. It was extremely traumatic and at the time I was so shocked to walk in to her room and see her like that, that I froze for a few seconds before I called the alarm for help. Anyway, straight after that my mind went in to overdrive and I started thinking of myself as an evil and terrible person for freezing and not acting right away, and thinking things like “if she dies does that mean I killed her because I’m not good enough at being a nurse and I could have done more?” - luckily the patient was fine 🙏 anyway I’m rambling but my point is, I’m trying to think if I was a nurse accused of these heinous crimes then there’s a possibility I too would be writing ramblings similar to that. I don’t know, but I know I just want her to be innocent because my mind can’t comprehend anyone, let alone a nurse, doing these terrible things to those poor defenceless babies 😪. I think also cause I’m a local from Hereford that it makes me feel sick that a potential killer was just down the road, and someone who some of my friends knew 😬. Herefordshire already has Fred West from here we don’t need even more of a bad name lol.

Anyway I’m going to dip in and out of these threads because I’ve been thinking about this case wayyyy too much and need to protect my MH. Really enjoying everyone’s balanced and respectful views tho - so much nicer than the fb groups 💕 and constantly thinking of those poor families being put through this. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Often bi polar lays dormant in a person until something traumatic happens to them and essentially brings it out. Could the trauma of being accused brought out bi polar in Lucy and the note is just that? The ramblings of someone with bi polar on a high. Its scary how much that note reminded me of the person I know with bi polar.
This is so insulting to anyone with bipolar disorder not to mention totally inaccurate... The ramblings of a manic are incoherent, grandiose, often psychotic with random ideas, loose connections, spiritual intonations. Her note is clearly her very distressed and panicking - that is not the same as mentally ill and nothing like manic.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Anyone else think the D’s on the bottom “I AM EVIL I DID THIS” look different to the other capital D’s? Discrimination, Dad look the same. Another Did and Despair look the same as each other but different again to Discrimination and Despair. About 3 different ways of writing D from what I can see.

Means absolutely nothing to be honest I’m just thinking out loud.

From what we know I think she’s guilty but got an open mind.

Edit: actually the E in the last sentence is different to the other capital E’s on the note. Just thought it was interesting.

Reactions: 4
I wonder how they separate out other causes of increased death rates.

Ex-Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt, who originally ordered the probe back in 2017 to examine just 23 cases of poor care, said the scale of the failures shown in report was 'beyond his darkest fears'. He said a 'natural birth ideology' had pressured mothers to avoid C-sections even when 'that might have been the safer option'.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
May help some people decipher what Is written
The fact she said slander , discrimination, victimisation points that she believes she's innocent. It's not a confession note but it's like she believed she brought it on herself because she wasn't competent enough. Imagine if you were accused of killing babies and you hadn't it would make a usually mentally healthy person very distressed.

I'm so sorry to all those babies this case is horrific. She's either a serial killer or a very unlucky person, locked up for years on remand. Very scary.

Reactions: 10
Everyone who is arrested has the right to legal aid. Most criminal cases are legally aided - Ben Myers will be funded by legal aid and so will her solicitors.
I don’t think that’s correct. I’m pretty sure you have to meet certain criteria which involves means testing. She owned her own home so I doubt she would get it.

Reactions: 1
Trying to block out some of the words that look like they've been written separately to make sense of it. Does anyone know what it says above 'I killed them'?
To me it sort of looks like "they said I killed them because I'm not good enough to care for them + I am a horrible evil person" which sound like she's saying other people are accusing her of killing them, but also I'm not convinced at all that the second word is 'said' 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edit, it took me that long to read and do the screenshot that it's already been spotted, ignore me & keep scrolling 😂
I read it as "I killed them on purpose because I'm not good enough".

Reactions: 2
I wonder if there will be any discussion around why there was such a high number of stillbirths that same year.

Is it correct that once Lucy had been suspended the unit stopped taking babies (at least very sick ones) for a while? Therefore the number of deaths would automatically return to 0.

Reactions: 8
If there is a completely innocent explanation for the photo, because the parents asked her to take it, even on her phone to send to them, then this twisting is even worse than daily Mail fodder. I know there is no context here but why would the prosecution completely discredit themselves if the defence are just going to come back and say the parents asked her to do it.
To be fair we've all been twisted by the revelation of the note. Earlier on I couldn't see a way for her to be innocent writing that, but now we've seen the note it's not as clear cut as it we were led to believe. However, the jury would have seen the note from the prosecutions summing up so presumably would have seen it in its entirety.

I think it’s part of the ‘I don’t deserve mum and dad’ (and Tom and Matt?)
I'm not sure she's an only child. Someone posted an old birthday announcement from a newspaper and it was from two boys, her brothers?

Reactions: 5
I think it's so strange how she kept contradicting herself, "I haven't done anything wrong" and "I am evil I killed them on purpose" etc.

I'm starting to wonder if this was practice for a suicide note - it looks like she was jotting down ideas/things she could write in a real suicide note. That would explain why things appear to be added on at different times. And it would explain the contradictions - maybe she was toying with whether to say if she's innocent or guilty?
I’ve never thought of it like that but it could’ve been. I really think she’s guilty. I know lots of people go to trial and are found not guilty but I really think with the nature of this and the number of charges they will surely have been super careful gathering evidence to present to court. I also think the fact that the deaths dropped when she was moved shifts is very strange.

I don’t think that’s correct. I’m pretty sure you have to meet certain criteria which involves means testing. She owned her own home so I doubt she would get it.
different rules for criminal than civil. She will be on legal aid. Her legal fees at this point will be in the 100ks

The fact she said slander , discrimination, victimisation points that she believes she's innocent. It's not a confession note but it's like she believed she brought it on herself because she wasn't competent enough. Imagine if you were accused of killing babies and you hadn't it would make a usually mentally healthy person very distressed.

I'm so sorry to all those babies this case is horrific. She's either a serial killer or a very unlucky person, locked up for years on remand. Very scary.
or more likely she's throwing around buzzwords and coming up with her defence. I really don't know how anyone can look at the prosecution statement, the evidence we've had so far and that note , and think that she's innocent. I believe in everyone's right to a fair trial and innocent until proven guilty. But there is too much at this point for me to believe she didn't do this. For what it's worth I think her defence is weak.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Once any savings or money from sale of house (if it has been sold) runs out, she’s then entitled to legal aid so she may have hired him at the beginning and paid for him herself, and now she claims legal aid for him 🤷🏻‍♀️

As a midwife (and I imagine neonatal nurses are the same), we are given bereavement training and a large part of the training involves memory making, including photography. We are given hints and tips on capturing sensitive but special images for parents, obviously with their full consent. I think that the photograph was taken in this context.
Ah thank you I didn't know this. Consent is the main thing as I said 😊 I hope you are right

Once any savings or money from sale of house (if it has been sold) runs out, she’s then entitled to legal aid so she may have hired him at the beginning and paid for him herself, and now she claims legal aid for him 🤷🏻‍♀️
That makes sense

Reactions: 1
Ah thank you I didn't know this. Consent is the main thing as I said 😊 I hope you are right
Did they establish if it was taken on her personal
Phone though? In every trust I’ve worked at we have disposable cameras or trust cameras for this if the parents are not ready to have those photos in their property yet. Obviously consent is going to be massive for this! Just find it a little strange

Reactions: 6
When I first heard about the note in the reporting from the prosecution I actually thought well, that is definitely a confession. But actually, on reflection and from reading the full note, it has swayed me to think she’s possibly innocent.. It has really reminded me of when I’ve been in a dark place and wrote in my journal horrible and severe self-loathing ramblings, and so in a way I could relate to some of the parts she wrote. And although not really relevant but I’m doing my training currently in mental health nursing and on one of my placements I walked in on a patient trying to suffocate herself with a bag. It was extremely traumatic and at the time I was so shocked to walk in to her room and see her like that, that I froze for a few seconds before I called the alarm for help. Anyway, straight after that my mind went in to overdrive and I started thinking of myself as an evil and terrible person for freezing and not acting right away, and thinking things like “if she dies does that mean I killed her because I’m not good enough at being a nurse and I could have done more?” - luckily the patient was fine 🙏 anyway I’m rambling but my point is, I’m trying to think if I was a nurse accused of these heinous crimes then there’s a possibility I too would be writing ramblings similar to that. I don’t know, but I know I just want her to be innocent because my mind can’t comprehend anyone, let alone a nurse, doing these terrible things to those poor defenceless babies 😪. I think also cause I’m a local from Hereford that it makes me feel sick that a potential killer was just down the road, and someone who some of my friends knew 😬. Herefordshire already has Fred West from here we don’t need even more of a bad name lol.

Anyway I’m going to dip in and out of these threads because I’ve been thinking about this case wayyyy too much and need to protect my MH. Really enjoying everyone’s balanced and respectful views tho - so much nicer than the fb groups 💕 and constantly thinking of those poor families being put through this. ❤
Please be kind to yourself.
As health care professionals we always have situations that on reflection we wish we had dealt with differently.
I always think, I have been in that situation, it turned out fine, it has prepared me for future situations that could end differently if I didn’t go through that experience. I hope that makes sense. And then you can start to think more positively about them.
Please don’t compare yourself to someone who has been accused of such heinous crimes. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.