Lucy Letby Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm keen to know how she was thought of by her colleagues/superiors before these babies died. Was she good at her job or someone who struggled and had poor judgement. Was she out of her depth?
Although if she was struggling in the role surely it would be a key element of the defence - she wasn't being appropriately managed/trained.

Reactions: 8
This may have been mentioned sorry I’m just catching up on the thread.

The note.. I killed them on purpose because I’m not good enough to care for them

Just thinking about the police digging up the garden.
Did she have pets? Had she done done something to them maybe and buried them and the police were looking for evidence

isn’t there a link with serial killers often starting with animals
Yeah but that wouldn’t really set off alarm bells, I’m sure if you dug up the back garden at my fathers house, you’d find several animal bones, because that’s where we buried them when they sadly died.

I think they were digging to find if she buried evidence or if she had buried fetuses or dead babies. Because it happens more often than you’d like to think, there’s a few I know at the top of my head that dead babies were discovered buried or hidden in a house. In France a few years ago, I believe police found several dead babies in the fridge of a woman, and it turns out they were the result of incestual abuse from her father. In america too, a woman was charged with several counts of murder because she kept getting pregnant, giving birth and killing the babies and then hiding their bodies in suitcases, the first she time done it was at 15-16 and she carried the suitcase around for several years without telling anyone what was inside of it and people just assumed it was a quirk of hers.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
To be fair we've all been twisted by the revelation of the note. Earlier on I couldn't see a way for her to be innocent writing that, but now we've seen the note it's not as clear cut as it we were led to believe. However, the jury would have seen the note from the prosecutions summing up so presumably would have seen it in its entirety.

I'm not sure she's an only child. Someone posted an old birthday announcement from a newspaper and it was from two boys, her brothers?
I thought about them being her brothers but when I saw the Facebook profile earlier their last names were not Letby.

Reactions: 2
I doubt she qualified for legal aid! I imagine she’s probably lost her job at this point and will have no means to pay for the house. I imagine it to be more comforting to be with your family at such a stressful time.
I'm sorry, I'm so far behind today so sorry if it's been answered.
Legal aid is not just means tested. It goes on 'interest of justice' aswell, so because it's such a high profile case. She would have been given Legal Aid/KC on purely due to the complexity of the case.

Reactions: 3
What's insulting about something reminding me of something I saw with my own 2 eyes? Oh please. Just looking for something to be offended by.
As someone that has been on the receiving end of many a bipolar ramble, I agree with you. There are obviously variations but I think it's also pretty insulting to say anyone suffering a bipolar manic episode is incoherent and grandiose. I've seen the opposite so many times.

Reactions: 6
Could someone from another shift make it look like she did it? For example
- The TPN bag Lucy set up when the glucose of the baby was low(?). They changed it and she had no contact with the bag and it didn’t change the babies condition. So maybe someone else spiked the first bag and also had contact with the second? Was Lucy on shift when they changed the bag? To even say she could’ve possibly had contact? And if the baby was unstable at that point wouldn’t it be unlikely that another nurse left the baby for her to access the bag?
- The baby that bled a lot and lost a quarter of its blood, could it not have been slowly bleeding for a while?
- when the doctor caught her looking at the baby deteriorating and not doing anything. People on here said sometimes you nudge them and they started to breath again (I think breathing was this babies issue?) maybe she’d just done that then the doctor walked in and saw her watching to see if it worked? Then his presence/question distracted her

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I'm keen to know how she was thought of by her colleagues/superiors before these babies died. Was she good at her job or someone who struggled and had poor judgement. Was she out of her depth?
Although if she was struggling in the role surely it would be a key element of the defence - she wasn't being appropriately managed/trained.
From the prosecution it seemed she was a bit of a busy body and always doing what she wanted rather than what she was told. Im sure I read in the cqc report staff said they felt well trained and supported. Also one of her texts said she felt she wasn’t being challenged so can she claim incompetence?

Can anyone locate the picture that mentioned Tom and Matt? Was it on a Christmas card?

Reactions: 1
It’s unusual for it to be taken off her personal phone though. I’ve worked across the country and most places have specific camera for this, or disposable cameras or trust photography take photos. From recollection those apps used disable when an infant dies. she also noted the twins death in her diary. I think personal and professionals lines were blurred
Yeah it is weird I thought maybe it could be a reason why. Maybe the ward phone was lost or dead? Don’t know about this but if they did want a picture with them together would they not want it asap so if there was an issue with the hospital phone she may have done it to help. She could’ve attached it to the still living twins file on the app?

We don't know she's guilty of anything yet.
Exactly I believe she’s guilty but I’m not in the jury, and when you’re in a jury, you need to see it from both perspectives and both arguments, nothing is black or white. Especially when it comes to a trial as serious as this

Even though the crimes she is accused of committing are horrific and inexcusable. She has the right to a fair trial regardless of what we believe.

From the prosecution it seemed she was a bit of a busy body and always doing what she wanted rather than what she was told. Im sure I read in the cqc report staff said they felt well trained and supported. Also one of her texts said she felt she wasn’t being challenged so can she claim incompetence?
Oh wow that last point you’ve made is a zinger! So true.

I think it’s possible that she was writing what she thought people were saying about her during a mental crisis.
Like when someone tells you over and over again that you’re stupid or not fit to be a mother/father for examples, you start to doubt yourself and believe what they’re saying is true.
I know what I mean in my head just can’t find the right words to explain what I’m trying to say here my head is totally baffled by the whole case

Just caught up on the thread HOW are people still thinking that she is innocent after todays events. She is an evil witch and anyone trying to make excuses for her should be ashamed of themselves.

• Heart
  • Haha
It’s unusual for it to be taken off her personal phone though. I’ve worked across the country and most places have specific camera for this, or disposable cameras or trust photography take photos. From recollection those apps used disable when an infant dies. she also noted the twins death in her diary. I think personal and professionals lines were blurred
Things have got twisted… all it said was she took a photo of the babies. Nowhere has it said it was on her phone but it’s been assumed and then repeated.

Reactions: 13
Trying to block out some of the words that look like they've been written separately to make sense of it. Does anyone know what it says above 'I killed them'?
To me it sort of looks like "they said I killed them because I'm not good enough to care for them + I am a horrible evil person" which sound like she's saying other people are accusing her of killing them, but also I'm not convinced at all that the second word is 'said' 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edit, it took me that long to read and do the screenshot that it's already been spotted, ignore me & keep scrolling 😂
Yep I got I got “they —— I killed them on purpose because I’m not good enough to care for them and I am a horrible evil person” too

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.