Lucy Letby Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone read what it says?
it’s hard to transcribe because of how erratically it’s written - it looks to me like she wrote on the same note multiple times and was trying to squash wording into gaps.

the “i’ll never know what it’s like to have a family” in the top right is interesting though. and i can’t quite make out the “killing them” in the bottom left. there’s also “i am an awful person. i pay every day for that”.

Reactions: 5
But one or two of the babies were fine and healthy until LL came into the room and the doctors all thought it was strange and couldn't explain how they suddenly became unwell after doing so well, that's one of the points that gets me 🤔
One baby was born with same issue as my baby and said she was set for discharge and only had feeding issues. My baby was also never on deaths door and was there for feeding issues. That’s what has made me wonder what else was wrong with that baby to suddenly become ill or what did someone do to her.

Reactions: 11
Agreed. The note looks like catastrophising anxiety to me but others will say different and that's how ambiguous it is. But the only one who knows, is LL.
If you were innocent wouldn't you take the stand and try to defend yourself?
I know she would be cross examined but I'd want the chance to speak up and give my side of it especially with a top tier barrister by my side.
Nobody would feel stronger about her innocence than her so i find it weird she may not take the stand.
I understand she may not want to and that's her perogative but it may be the only chance she gets to protest her innocence.
If I was looking at 7 murder charges I would be screaming from the rooftops I was innocent.

Reactions: 7
I think Lucy has mental health issues which perhaps made her behaviours a bit odd and this is why she is being blamed. The babies may have died anyway as they were all premature and needing special care. Do we know for sure that someone murdered them? Lucy does seem obsessive and sometimes - when people are mentally ill - they blame themselves for adverse events and this may explain the notes.
Not to jump on you. But the above phrase can be quite hurtful to those of us who have experienced prematurity (**and indeed NICU with a full term baby) and the fear that runs along side it.
It's not just premature babies who require special care, some babies born at 40 weeks can have a far worse time than someone born at 26 weeks, and ultimately pass away in special care.
Science has advanced in such a way, that there are many children born at 22 weeks who live to tell the tale.
But to use prematurity as an excuse for their passing, instead hospital failings& gross medical error, and or murder by Lucy or someone else is another thing.
Again this isn't jumping on you. Just asking in future to be mindful of how you word such sentences, it's such a sensitive topic on the whole.**Edited to make sense as I'm not good at getting my thoughts across and I'm still full of the flu😂

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
"I killed them on purpose because I'm not good enough"
Do we even need a trial. I feel ill reading that.
Playing Devil’s Advocate here, but could she have been writing down what she thought people would think of her or say about her having just been arrested?

Reactions: 19
Not to jump on you. But the above phrase can be quite hurtful to those of us who have experienced prematurity and the fear that runs along side it.
It's not just premature babies who require special care, some babies born at 40 weeks can have a far worse time than someone born at 26 weeks, and ultimately pass away in special care.
Science has advanced in such a way, that there are many children born at 22 weeks who live to tell the tale.
But to use prematurity as an excuse for their passing, instead hospital failings& gross medical error is another thing.
Again this isn't jumping on you. Just asking in future to be mindful of how you word such sentences, it's such a sensitive topic on the whole.
Yes absolutely this. ❤

Reactions: 2
I don’t even think the letter could be considered viable evidence cause it just seems like it’s the ramblings of a schizophrenic or someone having a breakdown.

I do think she’s guilty but I don’t think the note can be used in the long run.
It's in evidence so it will be used by the prosecution definitely.

Reactions: 2
it’s hard to transcribe because of how erratically it’s written - it looks to me like she wrote on the same note multiple times and was trying to squash wording into gaps.

the “i’ll never know what it’s like to have a family” in the top right is interesting though. and i can’t quite make out the “killing them” in the bottom left. there’s also “i am an awful person. i pay every day for that”.
It says “killing me”
“Them” is part of the next line that says “care for them”

Reactions: 6
People say the staff believe her and her friends but it’s strange nobody apart from her parents are at the court .
Sorry I'm a bit behind on the thread so this might already have been answered.
I was a defence witness for a family member and couldn't go into court until after I'd given evidence, maybe a few of her colleagues and friends will be witnesses at some point so unable to go at this stage.

Reactions: 12
It says “killing me”
“Them” is part of the next line that says “care for them”
thank you! i looked again and can see that they’re different ink pressures so obviously written at different times. it definitely looks to me like she wrote in stages and was trying to find room to add the additions in.

Reactions: 3
Evening thoughts on the ‘I am Evil’…evil is a strong word to use. ‘im not good enough’ is a reasonable response to something that you couldn’t control, e.g. The babies dying through negligence not murder. But the use of the world evil takes it down another path…it’s a conscious decision to use the word evil…a deliberate use.

ugh I just don’t know ☹ Im meant to be keeping away from this thread and story but It just keeps drawing me back in!

Reactions: 10
But to use prematurity as an excuse for their passing, instead hospital failings& gross medical error, and or murder by Lucy or someone else is another thing.
All of this! Also, I thought the deaths were considered surprising by staff and that's what raised suspicions to begin with? In other words, these were mostly cases where the baby was stable and recovering, and their deterioration was out of the ordinary. Is that correct?

But one or two of the babies were fine and healthy until LL came into the room and the doctors all thought it was strange and couldn't explain how they suddenly became unwell after doing so well, that's one of the points that gets me 🤔

Also let's not forget, she's allegedly attempted on multiple occasions to harm the same baby/babies on more than one occasion, until they sadly died or were close to death.
If they were fine and healthy they wouldn’t of been in a NICU though, they were still poorly babies and they can change quickly. I think that was an important point made by the defence. There isn’t any evidence that links her to any of these babies deaths (so far) other than her being there. Everything seems very uncertain.

Reactions: 9
All of this! Also, I thought the deaths were considered surprising by staff and that's what raised suspicions to begin with? In other words, these were mostly cases where the baby was stable and recovering, and their deterioration was out of the ordinary. Is that correct?
I believe so, on some of them they said "born in good condition" obviously the prosecution would suggest that.
I believe I think it may of been Baby I, who shouldn't of even been at COCH as she sounds like she could of possibly been a 22weeker and should've either been at LWH or AP.

Correction, after reading the wiki I don't think it was Baby I. But there was one where the prosecution said themselves Baby shouldn't of been at COCH due to her prematurity or words to that effect

Reactions: 4
If they were fine and healthy they wouldn’t of been in a NICU though, they were still poorly babies and they can change quickly. I think that was an important point made by the defence. There isn’t any evidence that links her to any of these babies deaths (so far) other than her being there. Everything seems very uncertain.
You can still be in the NICU and be pretty certain your baby will be coming home (obviously no one can be 100% certain) but it seems these babies were doing very well despite everything going on and the deaths were not expected. I also think some of these babies need more credit yes there is always set backs but a lot of babies these days will come out the other side and just need some extra help so to keep loosing babies one after the other is a bit strange regardless of if she is innocent or not

Reactions: 15
You can still be in the NICU and be pretty certain your baby will be coming home (obviously no one can be 100% certain) but it seems these babies were doing very well despite everything going on and the deaths were not expected. I also think some of these babies need more credit yes there is always set backs but a lot of babies these days will come out the other side and just need some extra help so to keep loosing babies one after the other is a bit strange regardless of if she is innocent or not
I agree that there is obviously an issue with how many deaths there were I just don’t agree that they were “fine and healthy”. I feel what we’ve seen so far points to hospital failures rather than the fault of one individual person it’s more of a collective fault. I may change my mind the more evidence we hear but some of the things noted today about the hospital are concerning. The fact that the babies faired better away from the hospital is alarming - could be because of LL or could be because of the team/management etc

Reactions: 12
Just to put this out there “I’m not good enough” could that be in the context because she thought she’d been caught? Rather than “I’m not good enough” in the context of failing the children.
To me in the context of failing the children doesn’t make sense because she actively stood by & watched them deteriorate instead of trying to save them? So the whole hero angle doesn’t fit for me at this point
Exactly. I’ve thought maybe she wanted the glory of saving them but I don’t feel that now, hearing the evidence. She tried to kill one baby FOUR times. Four times. Went back time and time again.
And on the fourth time succeeded. That isn’t someone who is enjoying the thrill of life and death hanging in the balance - that’s someone who wants to end life.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I agree that there is obviously an issue with how many deaths there were I just don’t agree that they were “fine and healthy”. I feel what we’ve seen so far points to hospital failures rather than the fault of one individual person it’s more of a collective fault. I may change my mind the more evidence we hear but some of the things noted today about the hospital are concerning. The fact that the babies faired better away from the hospital is alarming - could be because of LL or could be because of the team/management etc
That’s why I am interested to hear about one of the babies. I know my baby had the same thing and he was never on deaths door but ultimately we were under the care of one of the best uk children’s hospitals. He did need bag mask ventilated due to a morphine overdose however it was dealt with so quick and a report was drawn up about it and an investigation to see if he was brain damaged. there was definitely no one getting the blame or pinned to a murder trial. The hospital it’s self have a lot of answering too but hopefully something will come up in evidence about who or if anyone raised concerns.

What I think people are glossing over is the fact the note was found on her first arrest. I’m presuming at this point she had no idea she was potentially going to be charged with murder. So why is she writing about killing children?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.