Lucy Letby Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When she says panic I won’t have children and marry . Do you think she said that because she was being charged with murders .
Looking at the note, the word panic was, I believe, part of another sentence; “… I can’t focus everyday for that overwhelming fear/panic” and then the bit about “I’ll never have children” is a diff sentence written in between the lines of that. The right side of the post it has more blunt words and fewer full sentences on it.

Reactions: 4
That says sold Jan 2016. Where was she living before that as the murders started 2015? Have they dug up the garden of her previous address too?
Potentially with her parents? If she bought the house in 2016, she would have been 26. That would have given her time to save.

Reactions: 2
Looking at the note, the word panic was, I believe, part of another sentence; “… I can’t focus everyday for that overwhelming fear/panic” and then the bit about “I’ll never have children” is a diff sentence written in between the lines of that. The right side of the post it has more blunt words and fewer full sentences on it.
It’s hard to read all very jumbled thank you for explaining . Xx

Reactions: 3
Just to say, the Devil NEVER needs an advocate. He always has plenty of them.
In my opinion this woman is guilty be it out of pure badness or gross incompetence. She is guilty in my eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I don’t even think the letter could be considered viable evidence cause it just seems like it’s the ramblings of a schizophrenic or someone having a breakdown.

I do think she’s guilty but I don’t think the note can be used in the long run.
At best it shows a mentally disturbed woman.
At worst… 😣

Reactions: 16
The top of the note, in my eyes, could be a place for her to convince herself that she didnt do it, or trying to convince herself of not doing it. The bottom half of the note is very different in tone, almost as if she's taken a moment to pause and admitted to herself what has gone on. She may have set out to convince herself that she didnt do any of what was said but then finally internalised the full extent of what she did. I dont imagine that post-it note was written all at once.

Reactions: 6
Those is nursing/medical experience - how common is Air Embolism which seems to be given as one of the more common causes of death? Is it something that’s easy to do accidentally?

Sorry to derail the thread but I remember reading on here that a few years ago another nurse had been accused of killings and it turned out it was someone else, they only noticed once she was in prison and the deaths continued, does anyone know the names? I haven’t posted much just been reading a long as I’m thinking she is guilty but I still am trying to keep an open mind, I can’t imagine the pain of the parents and everyone involved. Also those poor jury members having this on their shoulders for 6 MONTHS?! 💔

Reactions: 5
Those is nursing/medical experience - how common is Air Embolism which seems to be given as one of the more common causes of death? Is it something that’s easy to do accidentally?
Incredibly ridiculously rare especially within neonates/paediatrics. I asked a consultant and they said they’d never seen on in their 40years

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Why does it have a nursery strange . Wonder if that’s something that will come up in court .
It could have been photos from a previous sale that were reused or she just never decorated that room after she bought the house.

Reactions: 7
She didn’t hang the bag, but that’s not to say she didn’t tamper with it. I’m sure I read elsewhere the allegation is that she tampered with an already hung bag say by injecting it with insulin.
I see your way of thinking, but this is what the defence can run with - did anyone actually see her tamper with the bag? If two others have signed for it but noone actually saw her do it - thats an allegation thrown out.

Reactions: 10
It’s hard to read all very jumbled thank you for explaining . Xx
I may not be right but that’s how I read it! The bit about never having children/marrying is v interesting, I think that’s a reflection of her fear she’s spending the rest of her life in prison? I know some people have speculated she has fertility issues but that seems a bit presumptuous/straw grasping

Reactions: 10
I may not be right but that’s how I read it! The bit about never having children/marrying is v interesting, I think that’s a reflection of her fear she’s spending the rest of her life in prison? I know some people have speculated she has fertility issues but that seems a bit presumptuous/straw grasping
Unless she’s tried to conceive in the past she’s quite young to know if she has fertility problems. It’s a tedious process to investigate

Reactions: 4
Incredibly ridiculously rare especially within neonates/paediatrics. I asked a consultant and they said they’d never seen on in their 40years
20 yrs as an adult nurse and only heard of one but wasn't on the ward that day. The patient did it to himself with his IV and O2 tubing.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
"I don't deserve to live. I killed them on purpose because I'm not good enough."

I could interpret this as she thinks not being a good enough means she did it purposefully as she didn’t try and get better? And if she was better then maybe she wouldn’t feel like it was her fault?

Reading an interesting medical article that states: "The automated pumps have built in safety mechanism to stop functioning in the presence of air bubbles and bleeps alarm but there have been cases reported where alarm did not go off but the patient collapsed and could not be revived and autopsy showed air in the cardiac chambers.[2] However the volume of air infused was very small and only possible to identify on cardiac echo. In our patient the other possible cause was vigorous chest compressions and assisted ventilation during resuscitation."

Her house sold for £201k in December 2019. Maybe that's how she's funded her barrister? Also has what appears to be a babys bedroom.
Sorry to derail the thread but I remember reading on here that a few years ago another nurse had been accused of killings and it turned out it was someone else, they only noticed once she was in prison and the deaths continued, does anyone know the names? I haven’t posted much just been reading a long as I’m thinking she is guilty but I still am trying to keep an open mind, I can’t imagine the pain of the parents and everyone involved. Also those poor jury members having this on their shoulders for 6 MONTHS?! 💔
Rebecca Leighton?

Reactions: 1
20 yrs as an adult nurse and only heard of one but wasn't on the ward that day. The patient did it to himself with his IV and O2 tubing.
It’s made me proper jumpy thought now! I was giving a a medication that came in a pre-filled syringe and panicked because I couldn’t remember if I checked for a sneaky air bubble. Everything was fine but it’s made me paranoid! I wonder how much you’d have to push in for that much damage? 15-20mls?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.