Lucy Letby Case #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I imagine many of us want her to be innocent out of the sheer desperation of not wanting to imagine anyone would do this.
I've enjoyed (wrong word really) reading your opinions and views on potential motives.
I wonder if she did do it, did she one day have a breakdown and just do it and the buzz became addictive?
Like when wealthy people steal for the buzz.
Maybe writing something like that, it's almost wanting to be found and stopped.
The reason I wonder is because so many theories would make sense, but maybe she really did just have some kind of breakdown.

The trauma working with babies who may die might have fucked her head up completely, you really wouldn't know because it's so out of the realms of comprehension for most of us to imagine hurting babies.

The brain is a weird little thing though, sometimes, like a computer, it just crashes.

Reactions: 12
Guess so. Only thing I could think is maybe if she is innocent but as we know she was there for all the deaths. It could’ve been on her mind and blaming herself so wrote what she did even though she was innocent and it was circumstantial?
It just seems a bit crazy to write that as a sane person if you know hand on heart you didn’t ‘purposely’ kill them. It’s the use of ‘i did it on purpose’ that makes me think what the hell. Although if she was suffering from some form of mental health crisis would she be classed as fit for trial?

Reactions: 8
I guess but someone said the note was found at the first arrest so if you were innocent and at that point in time would you really feel that strongly about it by then? I’d like to think she knew there was nothing to hide as after all she is innocent.
Yes, because she was arrested two years after she found out she was to be investigated. So for 2 years she was under suspicion whilst the hospital did their own review, which then concluded that it needed to be investigated by the police.

Reactions: 3
To me, the note appears to have been written at different times. Most of it on the left appears to have been written in a storytelling style, all the self pitying “me me me” crap “I feel so alone how can I get through this” blah blah (nothing about her patients & families who she apparently cared about so much she facebooked stalked them on Xmas day of course!) Then, on the right of the note, it’s more statements, Confessional, blunt; I KILLED THEM, I AM EVIL, I AM AN AWFUL PERSON I DID THIS ON PURPOSE Like she’s re-read her ramble & corrected it to reflect the actual truth of the situation 🤬

Reactions: 19
If there is a completely innocent explanation for the photo, because the parents asked her to take it, even on her phone to send to them, then this twisting is even worse than daily Mail fodder. I know there is no context here but why would the prosecution completely discredit themselves if the defence are just going to come back and say the parents asked her to do it.
I think they have mentioned it to portray her as callous or getting a kick out of it. I'm pretty sure they would have made a point of saying she had the photograph on her phone, because who aside from the parents would keep that?

To me, the note appears to have been written at different times. Most of it on the left appears to have been written in a storytelling style, all the self pitying “me me me” crap “I feel so alone how can I get through this” blah blah (nothing about her patients & families who she apparently cared about so much she facebooked stalked them on Xmas day of course!) Then, on the right of the note, it’s more statements, Confessional, blunt; I KILLED THEM, I AM EVIL, I AM AN AWFUL PERSON I DID THIS ON PURPOSE Like she’s re-read her ramble & corrected it to reflect the actual truth of the situation 🤬
Yes I felt that as well like parts had been written at different times in different mental states

Reactions: 7
Yes I felt that as well like parts had been written at different times in different mental states
This would make sense as to why some stuff is squashed into the empty space and with capital letters (more so to the right of the note)

Reactions: 6
It just seems a bit crazy to write that as a sane person if you know hand on heart you didn’t ‘purposely’ kill them. It’s the use of ‘i did it on purpose’ that makes me think what the hell. Although if she was suffering from some form of mental health crisis would she be classed as fit for trial?
If it was just the ‘I killed them on purpose’ on its own then I’d agree. But with the ‘because I’m not good enough to care for them’ makes me undecided. As it makes me question that she only thinks it was on purpose because she didn’t feel she was a good enough nurse and if she did feel she was a good nurse then maybe she wouldn’t have felt she did kill them

Reactions: 11
This in turn makes me feel guilty about only wanting one child. Never wanted more than one but I already have family and friends on my back about having more, and by insinuating that only children feel more pressure and suffer from it, as well as potentially be mentally unwell enough to kill, well….
Oh gosh I'd never want you to feel that way because of my post. I also didn't mean to insinuate that she is mentally unwell enough to kill purely from being an only child! There is way more to it than that of course. Like the other person who replied to you said, any child from any amount of siblings can suffer different issues. I was just wanting to discuss it as lots of people seemed interested in her family situation and a few had bought up whether she was an only child. Let's wait and see what comes up anyway - it might turn out she has siblings in which case it's all irrelevant anyway!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I thought it said not good enough but can’t work out the third underlined. If it does it is a bit of a bizarre title. The note comes across very me me me considering babies have died and parents have lost their children.
Oh sorry I thought u said not the underlined bit. Yes that does say not good enough

Reactions: 1
Can’t help but think that if this was a fictional drama on ITV we’d all be convinced she didn’t do it just based on the fact that it seems so easy to be her with all the coincidences and crazy post it notes 🙈

Reactions: 15
I can make it all out now except the 2nd last line. The world is better off without me..? Something about me tom and mate?
Is that bit actually following down from her writing I don’t deserve mum and dad, and then looks to me like Tom + Matt. So she’s saying I don’t deserve mum and dad Tom + Matt. But just happens that that bit is next to where she has written the world is better off without me

I can make it all out now except the 2nd last line. The world is better off without me..? Something about me tom and mate?
I think that’s all it’s own sentence, the line above “I don’t deserve mum & Dad” then under it “Tom & ?” Maybe Tom is the ex?

Sorry if this is an obvious answer somewhere in the news feed, but was her house searched more than once? Like the above poster showed a screenshot of the first arrest and house search which just said words, names and some questions (which could be here preparing for police interviews or guilty rambling) doesn’t suggest it’s ‘the note’. What I’m asking is, is there a chance the house was searched after this at a later date and the note was found after the first arrests?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.