Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We are on to child H now, apparently her care wasn't good enough from the moment she was born to the point it complicates the case... come on...

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Again I would say if there was no doubt that the bag was tampered with - why oh why wasn’t she arrested then?
yes I would really like to know what the hospital did if they thought the baby responded very unusually to treatment. Failings at the hopsital may mean it wasn’t investigated properly or at all but it doesn’t mean she, or someone else, didn’t do it. what it might mean is that some of the later deaths/attempts could have been prevented if the hospital had done their job properly.

I wonder if the cases where the baby survived were just ignored because they survived.

Hey I seen you quote me in this thread and thought I was tripping lol. As someone else below me has said and I've said previously. Professionals can and do stitch innocent people up with zero fucks given. Professionals also hate being wrong and will go to extreme lengths to keep their rep in tact.
They do. 100% and I swear on my childrens lives the NHS is not what it seems. I’ve posted earlier I spent 2 weeks on a convid ward last year with bleeping anemia 😩. My own fault, I made a crappy comment about Midazolam so off to the ward I went 😫. What I witnessed has left me with ptsd. The flashbacks, the nightmares…. So either way would this case would not shock me

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Remember if the prosecution are doing their job correctly we should all be considering a guilty verdict, then her defense should bring us all back to middle ground. Make us critically think and ponder the actual evidence. Its ok to jump from one to another that's allowed and I think that's good as we are using our brains!

Reactions: 38
They do. 100% and I swear on my childrens lives the NHS is not what it seems. I’ve posted earlier I spent 2 weeks on a convid ward last year with bleeping anemia 😩. My own fault, I made a crappy comment about Midazolam so off to the ward I went 😫. What I witnessed has left me with ptsd. The flashbacks, the nightmares…. So either way would this case would not shock me
My little boy has CP and his paeditricion flat out refused to show me his MRI, even questioned why I would want to see it. Took me 4 months to get a general summary of the results. No images, no actual report. Had to go private for one as I cant trust them with it now.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
(I’ve got covid and I can’t think straight so apologies if my questions seems stupid)

I’m guessing they don’t actually have the TPN bags as this investigation was too long after the death, so they can theorise all they like, but how do they actually prove it without the physical bag as evidence?
I’m guessing here and using examples because I don’t know the exact numbers so this is just my thought process, but say if they can prove the baby had synthetic insulin, and can prove there are only 3 ways to administer synthetic insulin. But two of those ways can be ruled out because of X reason. That can leave only one way the insulin was administered (via a bag). So even if they don’t have the actual bag, which I don’t think they do, there can be another way to prove it by ruling out other methods.

Reactions: 3
I know this is a bit of a given and been said so many times but HOW ON EARTH did so many babies die and suffer before it got suspicious?!?? I mentioned I worked on a geriatric ward for a while and even when somebody who was really old and ill died, the death was still reviewed to make sure all correct procedures were followed and there was no suspicion. The families were often really strict making reports to the cqc and wanting these deaths properly investigated, and I’m talking deaths of patients who were sometimes like 100 years old, had heart failure, had had strokes, struggled to swallow etc… my point is, I can only imagine how distraught new parents would be in this situation and how much they’d want to know exactly why their child died… I just don’t understand how it all went on for so long

Reactions: 29
The hospitals failings do absolutely nothing to persuade me of her innocence. What I have experience of is that ABSOLUTELY somebody wanting to cause harm to others will seek out those most vulnerable. The fact the trust, hospital and unit were chaotic or badly organised and the fact there probably is no other victim more vulnerable than premature already sick babies left alone would completely appeal to somebody that had desires to harm. People like that will centre themselves somewhere they can operate more easily. That to me is much less outlandish than it being a huge conspiracy or cover up because absolutely nobody is coming out of this looking better.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I know this is a bit of a given and been said so many times but HOW ON EARTH did so many babies die and suffer before it got suspicious?!?? I mentioned I worked on a geriatric ward for a while and even when somebody who was really old and ill died, the death was still reviewed to make sure all correct procedures were followed and there was no suspicion. The families were often really strict making reports to the cqc and wanting these deaths properly investigated, and I’m talking deaths of patients who were sometimes like 100 years old, had heart failure, had had strokes, struggled to swallow etc… my point is, I can only imagine how distraught new parents would be in this situation and how much they’d want to know exactly why their child died… I just don’t understand how it all went on for so long
From the inspection report I read, I’m sure it said that not all deaths were reported the correct way so they didn’t get flagged. I think because of the vulnerability of the babies some of the deaths were kind of expected, which again impacted the reporting.

ETA screenshot of reporting

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Talking of “conspiracy’s”……

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think it’s good if the prosecution make clear hospital failings too, even if there is a chance it weakens some of the evidence. It shows that the coverup/scapegoat theory is less likely. If they try and paint the hospital as doing nothing wrong and pin it all on Lucy then that would just raise more suspicion and make their evidence less credible.

Reactions: 9
Talking of “conspiracy’s”……
Jesus Christ some people have too much time on their hands

• Haha
Reactions: 17
What about babies that died when she wasn't on shift? Have these been looked in to as extensively? Did they decide to look into specific babies after seeing her fb searches? So many questions.
That’s the whole point.. Babies only died when she was on shift. If you look at their previous number of deaths some years there was only 1.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.