Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s the whole point.. Babies only died when she was on shift. If you look at their previous number of deaths some years there was only 1.
I'm not sure that's completely accurate - I know there was a spike, but I'm pretty sure it was never as low as 1 in a year.

Reactions: 9
A failing hoapital with already poor care practice provides opportunity for someone with ill intent towards the babies to harm them and not raise suspicions at least for a while

Reactions: 24
I'm not sure that's completely accurate - I know there was a spike, but I'm pretty sure it was never as low as 1 in a year.
I seem to remember one of the newspapers showing the death stats and most years were 1-3 deaths I think

Reactions: 3
I have read the statistics in a report. It was possibly posted in another thread. There was 1-3 deaths a year before 2015.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
A failing hoapital with already poor care practice provides opportunity for someone with ill intent towards the babies to harm them and not raise suspicions at least for a while
Yes. I am very interested to have further detail of the text conversation where a colleague is obviously questioning how usual and strange the similarities of some of the collapses and deaths are and Letby goes on to say she is sure it’s natural. There were people questioning things and it doesn’t matter at all in terms of her guilt how awful it is that nobody pressed harder to find out or stopped anything sooner.

Reactions: 10
This is what I think. There were serious failings at the hospital that allowed Letby to carry out the attacks without being caught for quite some time. I don’t buy the scapegoat theory, I don’t doubt that coverups happen but not to the extent that they would allow someone to go to prison for the rest of their lives.

Reactions: 20
I have read the statistics in a report. It was possibly posted in another thread. There was 1-3 deaths a year before 2015.
Thanks, I need to look for that again.

It would be interesting to know all the factors that changed when the increases happened. Turnover of staff, budgeting, machinery changes?

Reactions: 2
It sounds to me like some of these babies received inadequate care either before being admitted to NICU or quite soon after arriving.

Reactions: 3
Is there anywhere giving updates that I can listen to rather than read? Reading up on it will have me sacked!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
If she’s guilty there doesn’t need to be a reason why she has done it, like people suggesting childhood trauma or something ‘bad’ happening to her. She could just be a psychopath, it’s a psychological condition and she would just feel no empathy for anyone. I watched something years ago where a woman who was a psychopath (but didn’t murder anyone) explained that she would feel like a cat and everyone else in the world is a mouse and she could toy with them however she pleased and would feel nothing.

Reactions: 21
Always one, don't worry. I mentioned a 'cult' yesterday...need I say more 😂
I did think a cult involving people in America was far fetched, yes. My opinion. Just like your opinion was a cult. I just think it's far fetched. That's it 🤣🤣

Reactions: 2
And after all has been laid out I genuinely think this will be the conclusion

Reactions: 8
It’s really interesting to see how opinions can vary so much even on this thread. I’m not sure on what I really think yet which I’m not surprised at given that I know we’re only on day 3 of a potentially 6 month long trial so all I keep thinking is they’re barely scratching the surface yet. I can’t bare to think that she did it, but I’m interested to see the whole picture of presented evidence before I really make my mind up.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.