Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They'd find that through medical records surely? Wild theories aren't going to do anyone any good I don't think.
IF she had a loss and buried them in her garden it wouldn’t be on her medical records.

eta I don’t think this happened though. I think maybe they were looking for things that might have been taken from the hospital or from babies/families themselves.

Reactions: 16
It’s not that wild, I thought similar. She could have had a loss, or found out she couldn’t have children - anything along those lines could have affected her mental state.

ETA: If she did do it, that is!
Thank you!!!!! Pleased it’s not just me who thought that! Who’d of thought we could have wild opinions on a gossip site ay!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
good spot. How can they be sure that the child wasnt given an over dose during the actual treatment?
My understanding from what we’ve read so far is that if it was a single overdose, the baby would have responded to treatment. But the baby’s blood sugars didn’t respond so they must have been receiving a continuous supply of insulin. The baby only responded to treatment when the bag was replaced with another one.

It doesn’t sound like the bags were tested but if that is the only possible explanation for continuous low blood sugars I think everyone would agree that somebody must have tampered with the bag. (Lucy has already agreed the insulin can’t be an accident).

They opened the case with the insulin poisoning remarks so I think as they go into the specific evidence, if they prove beyond reasonable doubt that somebody MUST have purposely tampered with the bags, it then just becomes a question of who and the timeline of who had access to the bag and insulin between pharmacy and the baby having it will be key.

and then if you prove somebody tried to murder those babies, it makes the other cases stronger that they might have been attempted murder/murder too even if a different method (because they have proven somebody intended to harm babies). Even if she is guilty I’m expecting some individual charges may come back not guilty for not enough evidence but it doesn’t mean she didn’t do it.

Reactions: 14
Guilty or not, she'll be found guilty. Firstly there's the expert statement despite no PM and then there's statistics. That hospital won't want to admit their failings.

And the Facebook searches and stuff at her home. I'm just baffled the hospital didn't do anything. They shouldn't be allowed to care for premature babies.

Reactions: 11
My understanding from what we’ve read so far is that if it was a single overdose, the baby would have responded to treatment. But the baby’s blood sugars didn’t respond so they must have been receiving a continuous supply of insulin. The baby only responded to treatment when the bag was replaced with another one.

It doesn’t sound like the bags were tested but if that is the only possible explanation for continuous low blood sugars I think everyone would agree that somebody must have tampered with the bag. (Lucy has already agreed the insulin can’t be an accident).

They opened the case with the insulin poisoning remarks so I think as they go into the specific evidence, if they prove beyond reasonable doubt that somebody MUST have purposely tampered with the bags, it then just becomes a question of who and the timeline of who had access to the bag and insulin between pharmacy and the baby having it will be key.

and then if you prove somebody tried to murder those babies, it makes the other cases stronger that they might have been attempted murder/murder too even if a different method (because they have proven somebody intended to harm babies). Even if she is guilty I’m expecting some individual charges may come back not guilty for not enough evidence but it doesn’t mean she didn’t do it.
just quoting myself but this is where I read it, and my comments are how I’ve interpreted it but I’m not a professional

1DDFA051-3A43-438F-B66F-92B6B1E5EECA.jpeg

Reactions: 6
I’m trying very hard to keep a balanced head and be fair. I am a mother so I’m thinking of it from that view, I’ve worked within maternity services so I’m thinking that way but I’m also a woman who grew up in Belfast and people were put against a wall and shot for a hell of a lot less than this. 22 innocent babies and the only consistency is her.

• Sad
  • Heart
I’m thinking if she did do this then they have more evidence . I’m thinking Google searches . She didn’t seem clever enough to cover her tracks if she is guilty especially stalking the families on Facebook .

like I wonder what Her Google searches are like . What they found in her home . I think so far they are just going through each baby and telling the jury how each one collapsed . I think they have a lot more yet to give

Wow I've just caught up on the live reporting from this week.

I had a baby in a neonatal unit with a Strep b sepsis infection. It sounds like an identical case to one of the murdered babies. I couldn't even imagine the grief.

I think she's absolutely guilty. Those poor children, families and nurses who try their best and are faced with her.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Could any of it be down to negligence? Im proper training? How long had she been a nurse?

Reactions: 4
I think the defence will really shock us when they uncover other stats from the hospital with such high levels of negligence and failings. I’m expecting so many more cases that Lucy was nothing to do with, I think we’re gonna be really shocked..

I honestly think it was for show, not the entire search but the extraness of it. Gardens get dug for bodies, I doubt they were looking for bodies of the babies in her garden. Makes her look guilty in the public eye 'they wouldn't be searching for nothing'. Just my opinion of course and I could be wrong but I cant shake off this feeling she hasn't done this.
The idea that a Police force who already are criticised for not dealing with jobs and not having enough police etc, underfunded, would waste precious time and man power doing something for show I don’t think is realistic.
I imagine that in any instance where there is murder and criminal activity on such a scale they have to consider that the perpetrator may have hid evidence, concealed it at her home address.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Could they have been looking for the bag that they seem to have been confused by? The insulin one?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I’m thinking if she did do this then they have more evidence . I’m thinking Google searches . She didn’t seem clever enough to cover her tracks if she is guilty especially stalking the families on Facebook .

like I wonder what Her Google searches are like . What they found in her home . I think so far they are just going through each baby and telling the jury how each one collapsed . I think they have a lot more yet to give
Yes I think her Google searches will be interesting. Although to be honest I wouldn't want my partner of 20 years flicking through my search history in case he thought I was a weirdo, never mind the police.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I think the defence will really shock us when they uncover other stats from the hospital with such high levels of negligence and failings. I’m expecting so many more cases that Lucy was nothing to do with, I think we’re gonna be really shocked..
I agree with this x

Reactions: 6
The idea that a Police force who already are criticised for not dealing with jobs and not having enough police etc, underfunded, would waste precious time and man power doing something for show I don’t think is realistic.
I imagine that in any instance where there is murder and criminal activity on such a scale they have to consider that the perpetrator may have hid evidence, concealed it at her home address.
I dunno the police do waste man power arresting people for saying men aren't women on twitter. I personally think they would ramp things up for show but we can agree to disagree.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don’t but into the scapegoat theory as it would mean 3 independent organisations (NHS, police & CPS) colluding together.
would the NHS want to scapegoat her if there had deaths that they hadn’t acted on? Maybe. But I don’t believe that would hold up under scrutiny from the police & then CPS.
Just from what we’ve heard I believe it’s sufficient evidence to bring the case to court for a jury to decide. No conspiracy or scapegoat necessary.
The scapegoat conspiracies hold no weight with me. Even if in some mad world a whole organisation conspired to have one person done for murder to evade failings, or if she was a whistleblower, that’s relying on a whole team of people not having a conscience and never revealing the truth. It just isn’t likely. Sadly there are bad people in the world. The CPS wouldn’t be prosecuting with no evidence that they think is strong. And the police don’t have time/manpower to spend wasted on “fake” investigations. There were no doubt failings at the hospital which are evident anyway so there will likely be an investigation and enquiry anyway. Plenty of hospitals have inquiries into failings. There was another not so long ago, I can’t remember which, that was on the news a lot due to inquiries into numerous deaths and failings. It isn’t unheard of

Reactions: 21
In my mind I have to think she's innocent because I can't imagine how anyone could even consider murdering a tiny baby.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.