Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m the same. My gut feeling is she’s guilty, always has been since it all came about, I’ve never looked at her and thought aw she doesn’t look like she could do that. She looks like a smug witch to me and I can definitely see being the hero nurse as a motive. But I’m prepared for my mind to change.
I thought exactly the same when I seen her picture.

Reactions: 11
I’m starting to think maybe she hasn’t done it. The hospital was failing 21 years ago when they flooded my relatives lungs with milk and it’s still happening now.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
One part of me hopes she is guilty because I can’t imagine how fucked up her life will be after this if she’s innocent. I also think it would add closure for those poor poor families. But really there’s no winners here, awful situation
It is awful, if she's found innocent her life is ruined anyway, does anyone know, would she be compensated for this?

Reactions: 3
good spot. How can they be sure that the child wasnt given an over dose during the actual treatment?
exactly this. It’s these little bits and the fact they are SO SURE.

like with child G and the machine. The Dr couldn’t say 100% if the machine was on or not when he attended but somehow the are 100% sure that Lucy switched it off?

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Barry George was refused compensation for 'not being innocent enough' so doubt she will get anything for being held on remand for her own safety tbh.

Reactions: 1
One thing about professionals. They are birds of a feather and they flock together. They can and do single people out for terrible things, of this magnitude? Maybe not? Would I put it past them fully? No.

As I've said before it would be a lot easier for a hospital to say there were failings and then blame one nurse who was particularly negligent. Hospitals can sue members of staff for failing to follow protocols. In order to accuse someone of murder the bar is much much higher and would require a lot more collusion and also of course being in contempt of court which is a crime. Taking civil action against a failing staff member is not completely uncommon especially if the hospital has been fined for failing and then they believe it's down to one or two individuals hence why all medical professionals need indemnity insurance. I used to be a rep for the professional union for my health profession.

Also, as mad as it sounds its actually better for a hospital to hold their hands up and say yes, there were failings, we found the staff member mainly responsible and have fired them or taken them to court, rather than saying oops we let a murderer continue working for months. Again, of course she may not be guilty but from a legal perspective for the trust using someone as a scapegoat through a murder charge does not make any sense.

Reactions: 33
It is awful, if she's found innocent her life is ruined anyway, does anyone know, would she be compensated for this?
someone previously said no. But I wreckon people would set up go fund me’s to pay off legal debt etc etc

Reactions: 3
Can’t quote it now because the threads locked but @Lucyxxxx its a reply to your comment about thinking she’s the scape goat. I think the opposite! I don’t know why but I think she’s done this. It’s the digging up her garden for me why on earth would they do that
I think they did that because its an investigation. And because they'd found those documents whatever they were.

I’ve never looked at her and thought aw she doesn’t look like she could do that. She looks like a smug witch to me and I can definitely see being the hero nurse as a motive. But I’m prepared for my mind to change.
I feel the same! Although in regards to her appearance she looks more “plain Jane” to me. You genuinely wouldn’t look twice at her in the street. She doesn’t strike me as looking evil, but doesn’t strike me as looking kind either. I agree with PP’s theory of being a bit of a loner and probably only having friends through work.

Really intrigued to see what the defence are going to bring.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I think guilty . I know people say it’s not much evidence so far but makes no sense to be a scapegoat .
she was on every single shift day and night . The pattern went from nights to days when she moved from nights to days .
the Wierd stalking the families even Xmas day just odd behaviour. All these things happened why she was caring for the babies .

Reactions: 15
I think they did that because its an investigation. And because they'd found those documents whatever they were.
Of course it’s an investigation. Thousands of investigations don’t entail gardens being dug up. I find it strange because as far as we know every baby who sadly died is accounted for. The poor babies bodies never left the hospital so what I’m trying to say is they wouldn’t be buried in her garden. So what else do they know.

Reactions: 13
In my head I think she may of had a loss herself and that’s what’s potentially damaged her mentally and she may of buried her own baby in her garden. Maybe twins. And then parents of twins she didn’t see good enough she tried or did hurt the babies.. just my wild opinion
They'd find that through medical records surely? Wild theories aren't going to do anyone any good I don't think.

Reactions: 10
What about babies that died when she wasn't on shift? Have these been looked in to as extensively? Did they decide to look into specific babies after seeing her fb searches? So many questions.

Reactions: 17
In my head I think she may of had a loss herself and that’s what’s potentially damaged her mentally and she may of buried her own baby in her garden. Maybe twins. And then parents of twins she didn’t see good enough she tried or did hurt the babies.. just my wild opinion
It’s not that wild, I thought similar. She could have had a loss, or found out she couldn’t have children - anything along those lines could have affected her mental state.

ETA: If she did do it, that is!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Of course it’s an investigation. Thousands of investigations don’t entail gardens being dug up. I find it strange because as far as we know every baby who sadly died is accounted for. The poor babies bodies never left the hospital so what I’m trying to say is they wouldn’t be buried in her garden. So what else do they know.
Because its am investigation and they found those documents. That's what I said :)

Reactions: 1
They'd find that through medical records surely? Wild theories aren't going to do anyone any good I don't think.
You’ve got a real issue with my opinions on the two posts you’ve just quoted of mine. As I stated in that it is my opinion you don’t have to like it or agree with it. She was a nurse it’s well known nurses don’t always seek treatment for things they can help themselves with its everyday things for them they know what to look out for illness wise/blood loss wise. If she had fallen pregnant is very easy to keep that a secret. We do not know her mental state. Incase you didn’t know, not everyone goes to doctors for everything. Not everything is documented and if she isn’t mentally well then that makes perfect sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.