• Guilty

Votes: 489 58.0%
  • Innocent

Votes: 19 2.3%
  • Unsure

Votes: 335 39.7%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the new thread could you please put a poll? I would if I could?

Reactions: 3
Can’t quote it now because the threads locked but @Lucyxxxx its a reply to your comment about thinking she’s the scape goat. I think the opposite! I don’t know why but I think she’s done this. It’s the digging up her garden for me why on earth would they do that

Reactions: 25
For me I’m still thinking there are 2 hurdles to overcome to prove guilt.
1. That the deaths/attempt were an event of deliberate harm, not natural or accidental.
2. That only LL could have been responsible for these incidents of harm.

Reactions: 14
Can’t quote it now because the threads locked but @Lucyxxxx its a reply to your comment about thinking she’s the scape goat. I think the opposite! I don’t know why but I think she’s done this. It’s the digging up her garden for me why on earth would they do that
I honestly think it was for show, not the entire search but the extraness of it. Gardens get dug for bodies, I doubt they were looking for bodies of the babies in her garden. Makes her look guilty in the public eye 'they wouldn't be searching for nothing'. Just my opinion of course and I could be wrong but I cant shake off this feeling she hasn't done this.

Reactions: 14
I honestly think it was for show, not the entire search but the extraness of it. Gardens get dug for bodies, I doubt they were looking for bodies of the babies in her garden. Makes her look guilty in the public eye 'they wouldn't be searching for nothing'. Just my opinion of course and I could be wrong but I cant shake off this feeling she hasn't done this.
In my head I think she may of had a loss herself and that’s what’s potentially damaged her mentally and she may of buried her own baby in her garden. Maybe twins. And then parents of twins she didn’t see good enough she tried or did hurt the babies.. just my wild opinion

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I know I'm just someone on tattle and its opening arguements so it doesn't matter what I think but the prosecution just ain't selling this to me. I may be being unconsciously bias as my initial hunch has always been scapegoat but I'm just not at all convinced.
I agree that we haven’t seen real evidence that isn’t circumstantial yet and I’m unsure what the evidence will be. The prosecution will introduce a doctor who says that “baby x died from having air forcibly placed in their system”
But as they’ve said this is difficult to prove 100%
Defence will introduce another doctor who says “baby x could have died due to air forcibly in their system or they could have died due to…or I can’t be 100% certain”
And neither prosecution or defence doctor can be 100% sure of how said baby died.
So what does the jury do with that?
As for the scapegoat theory. Who is setting her up? One person? The entire hospital trust? They’re prepared to ruin a woman’s life and have her branded a baby murderer to hide their own failings? I’m not sure I buy this either it would take a huge conspiracy potentially or if it is one person they would have to be a psychopath themselves to do this to someone

Reactions: 16
I agree that we haven’t seen real evidence that isn’t circumstantial yet and I’m unsure what the evidence will be. The prosecution will introduce a doctor who says that “baby x died from having air forcibly placed in their system”
But as they’ve said this is difficult to prove 100%
Defence will introduce another doctor who says “baby x could have died due to air forcibly in their system or they could have died due to…or I can’t be 100% certain”
And neither prosecution or defence doctor can be 100% sure of how said baby died.
So what does the jury do with that?
As for the scapegoat theory. Who is setting her up? One person? The entire hospital trust? They’re prepared to ruin a woman’s life and have her branded a baby murderer to hide their own failings? I’m not sure I buy this either it would take a huge conspiracy potentially or if it is one person they would have to be a psychopath themselves to do this to someone
It’s absolutely mental to think of the scapegoat theory.. and the lengths potentially gone through to make it happen. Whistle blowing is encouraged but renowned for causing problems in the NHS..

Reactions: 10
To be honest I’d probably say it depends on the nature of the groups that would suggest anything strange or sinister.

This is just purely speculation and I may be wrong ..
I’m guessing the Facebook groups you’re in are very much information and educational based. Whereas the groups Letby was in could have been support pages made for parents and families or poorly babies, a bit of an online community where parents can share their stories and gain support and advice from others in a similar situation.

I think it’d be strange for Letby to join and read a type of “support” group rather than anything educational based. Especially if she is guilty
Devil’s advocate here - could she argue that being in those groups and seeing from a more real parent’s view (how often do you hold it together in front of professionals and then let go when you’re on your own) could impact her nursing and help her to deal with the families 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I don't think they'd have dug the garden for show, I think they'd have to have a pretty solid reason and justification for doing such a thing, however I also don't think they have dug for bodies, perhaps looking for buried evidence, maybe a neighbour has reported unusual activities in the garden, maybe she'd Google searched something related to burying something, all v strange. Still firmly on the fence myself.

Reactions: 29
I thought I was going mad as I couldn’t find this anywhere else. But I am struggling to understand why the insulin has been a poisoning with synthetic insulin when it’s documented that the baby was given insulin via syringe for high blood glucose. Ok they say a tiny amount but it would always be a tiny amount for a tiny child? If the baby had already received insulin via injection why would the ‘alleged’ second dose have to be hidden in a bag and therefor diluted down?

BD079E94-4591-4E1E-A85E-88DC957E2CF0.png
85472E98-6365-461E-854E-BDBCF2913EB4.png
EBD93E1F-D04F-4777-B474-94A99902646A.png
F9460CDB-008A-4A89-A82A-1DE16AFC0599.png

Reactions: 5
I don’t but into the scapegoat theory as it would mean 3 independent organisations (NHS, police & CPS) colluding together.
would the NHS want to scapegoat her if there had deaths that they hadn’t acted on? Maybe. But I don’t believe that would hold up under scrutiny from the police & then CPS.
Just from what we’ve heard I believe it’s sufficient evidence to bring the case to court for a jury to decide. No conspiracy or scapegoat necessary.

Reactions: 41
I don’t but into the scapegoat theory as it would mean 3 independent organisations (NHS, police & CPS) colluding together.
would the NHS want to scapegoat her if there had deaths that they hadn’t acted on? Maybe. But I don’t believe that would hold up under scrutiny from the police & then CPS.
Just from what we’ve heard I believe it’s sufficient evidence to bring the case to court for a jury to decide. No conspiracy or scapegoat necessary.
One thing about professionals. They are birds of a feather and they flock together. They can and do single people out for terrible things, of this magnitude? Maybe not? Would I put it past them fully? No.

Reactions: 20
I thought I was going mad as I couldn’t find this anywhere else. But I am struggling to understand why the insulin has been a poisoning with synthetic insulin when it’s documented that the baby was given insulin via syringe for high blood glucose. Ok they say a tiny amount but it would always be a tiny amount for a tiny child? If the baby had already received insulin via injection why would the ‘alleged’ second dose have to be hidden in a bag and therefor diluted down?
good spot. How can they be sure that the child wasnt given an over dose during the actual treatment?

Reactions: 6
I’m the same. My gut feeling is she’s guilty, always has been since it all came about, I’ve never looked at her and thought aw she doesn’t look like she could do that. She looks like a smug witch to me and I can definitely see being the hero nurse as a motive. But I’m prepared for my mind to change.

Reactions: 35
One part of me hopes she is guilty because I can’t imagine how fucked up her life will be after this if she’s innocent. I also think it would add closure for those poor poor families. But really there’s no winners here, awful situation

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.