Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've made the mistake of venturing into the Facebook pages this morning...tattle is a much more sensible place to discus.
I am in no way defending her, I've said from the start I'll hear the prosecution, defence and evidence presented before decided if I think she's guilty, hopefully none of these fb people are ever on jury service cos they are just like, guilty, h@ng her etc before all the arguments have been made, its mental, and then anyone who comes in with an opinion such as wait and see gets accused of being unsympathetic. The same goes for those who are blindly protecting her innocence. None of us know enough yet to properly comment on her guilt/innocence, we can speculate sure, but god the way some are completely decided already is just madness. Thank god for tattle.

Reactions: 23
So theoretically there could be 20 years+ of information available about someone’s online life - how on earth do investigations manage this amount of potential evidence?! There’s CCTV, ANPR and all someone’s work/personal footprint, imagine working on this and having to take decisions about what to pursue and what to leave unexplored. You could miss the thing that cracks the case or you could spend thousands of man hours on something that leads nowhere, it’s fascinating

Reactions: 7
I've just come accross this thread so don't know if this is known info or not, but consultants at the Trust were raising concerns for quite a while and the directors were telling them to be quiet. They were identifying Lucy has the potential problem at the time of the deaths and they were told to stop raising this or they would be disciplined for bullying her. Management at the hospital did not want to deal with this.
Tbh I’ve thought this could be the case, maybe she was being reported but the top dogs weren’t interested in drawing more attention to an already tit hospital.

I don’t know how hospital hierarchy works, do doctors/consultants have the powers to suspend or sack people or is it down to hospital management?

Reactions: 3
So odd 2 years later it does point to an unhealthy obsession at the very least.
Maybe the parents visited the unit on the anniversary and it prompted her to search them? Lots of people become involved in units and often visit again for closure/counselling/to say hi. Maybe unlikely but just don’t know how else she’d remember their names 2 years later. I personally am good with names but 2 years on I remember horrific events or events that taught me a lot/changed my practice, but not their exact name.

Reactions: 2
If she is found guilty, i really hope she gets a fair trial, then she will be one of the worst serial killers ever.

Reactions: 1
Can anyone start a new thread? Starting up now i think

Think we are starting with defence

New thread

Lots of cases are convicted on circumstantial evidence. There’s a number of cases convicted with no body even - off the top of my head the Helen McCourt murder.. as well as others. No murder weapon. No remains to examine for method of killing. Etc etc
And by the very nature of these crimes there isn’t going to be a whole heap of dead set evidence like DNA or a murder weapon. It is almost a perfect crime if the fact that the repeated similarities, unlikeliness and unusual nature of what was happening to these babies was not noticed. It’s crude but… this isn’t a typical violent rape and murder of a woman and a body is found etc. I still personally find medical experts saying it’s extremely likely cause of death was air/milk/insulin as solid evidence. I think that is the same as most experts where they say “I can say with almost certainty this is blunt trauma or this type of knife would be used” etc etc. It will be interesting to see if the defence is either BUT there is a small chance it wasn’t so you can’t say it’s foul play or a concrete no here is what it was instead of foul play and why.

Reactions: 2
New thread
Oh I just did one too. I’ll try and delete and if I can’t can a VIP do it for me please?

I've made the mistake of venturing into the Facebook pages this morning...tattle is a much more sensible place to discus.
I am in no way defending her, I've said from the start I'll hear the prosecution, defence and evidence presented before decided if I think she's guilty, hopefully none of these fb people are ever on jury service cos they are just like, guilty, h@ng her etc before all the arguments have been made, its mental, and then anyone who comes in with an opinion such as wait and see gets accused of being unsympathetic. The same goes for those who are blindly protecting her innocence. None of us know enough yet to properly comment on her guilt/innocence, we can speculate sure, but god the way some are completely decided already is just madness. Thank god for tattle.
I joined a couple and one was just insane with the vitriol and barely any discussion. There's another one that seems much more balanced and more like here.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.