Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so confused about this case I honestly think it could go either way. The TPN bag they say just have been contaminated - if they thought that at the time why wasn’t a investigation opened? The dr (i want to say dr ravi) saying he started to have suspicions, yet again a case wasn’t opened. And then to put her in charge of a student nurse, they can’t have been that suspicious surelt

Reactions: 10
Just caught up with everything. I think like everyone has said it’s only been the beginning for the prosecution. It’s like a slow release. I strongly believe they will drop a massive bomb nearing the end! This is all “setting the scene “ for something bigger that hasn’t been made public.
I feel like a couple of replies have been quite patronising to you and I don’t like it! I thought the same as you. Maybe when her defence said something the prosecutors would be able to give some evidence to say actually we’ve got her bang to rights here with this so not a big drama court room moment not being disrespectful to the babies (I really didn’t like that comment to you) I just wanted to say I don’t understand court rooms I’ll admit but I did think maybe they could have something up there sleeve to get her. That’s all. To get justice.

Reactions: 8
I disagree. I had the misfortune to work on a case with a maunchausens sufferer some years ago. They were totally unaware of their diagnosis and it was deemed that it was safer for them that they didn’t know. This person had a habit of seeking medical attention and had been through some pretty traumatic medical procedures to do so. I had to research pretty thoroughly to defend the case and it was mind blowing. The defendant with maunchausens had a bundle of redacted papers that amounted to 13 pages. My bundle of unredacted pages was 300+. I’m convinced there is no maunchausens at play here
How come if you've worked on such important cases you still can't spell the condition you refer to? :-/

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Fascinating case. My Dad had a colleague in med school who joked about hurting patients when he qualified. Dad recorded him twice within 2 weeks saying it and handed it into the head of the school and the Gardai. He was expelled from med school after a full psych evaluation. Best thing my dads ever done.
Something similar on TikTok happened where a student doctor had joked on her account that she deliberately hurt a man she was injecting a needle into by inserting it incorrectly, because he said something politically incorrect. Thinking everyone would praise her, no several people reported her to the hospital where she was training, as what she did was assault and lashed out at a patient who didn’t behave the way she wanted them to behave or they said something she didn’t agree with. Massive red flag especially at the fact she was just starting her career in medicine.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
It's very easy to pass judgment here in hindsight so I totally respect that in the moment your beliefs are totally different - however, if I had the slightest suspicion that a colleague was deliberately hurting a baby I'd be watching them like a hawk ensuring they were never left alone with a baby. Changing shifts just isn't enough or was the assumption that if she was working days, more staff would be present and therefore less opportunity? Although sadly this wasn't the case.

Reactions: 5
You mean their ADULT DAUGHTER.

I’m sure they needs lots of support but holding hands going in and out of court for six months? No that's not contrived at all 🙄

More like they’ve been told to hold hands to make them look like a loving family who couldn’t raise an evil daughter. All part of helping Lucy look better and I don’t care for the aesthetics behind it.
i think you might be reading a tiny bit too much into it - i’m one of my parents’ adult daughters. i would absolutely expect them to hold hands walking into court in this situation: it’s a show of support for each other rather than a kind of manipulation to us all over their daughter. admittedly some people are just big hand holders in general too. i don’t know how much guilt it’s fair to assign to them at this point either.

the flip side could also be correct obviously, and i don’t doubt that there’s some kind of manipulation in other aspects but i think her parents holding hands is simply what it’s presented as.

Reactions: 17
Can anyone clarify - if they claim LL attempted to murder the same baby on numerous occasions, why isn't the attempted murder charge a higher number?

I was sitting on the fence, having voted in the poll before bed that I didn't know. I then woke during the night and read the news for a bit to get back to sleep, I read yesterday's details and my god I'm starting to swing to guilty!

Can anyone clarify - if they claim LL attempted to murder the same baby on numerous occasions, why isn't the attempted murder charge a higher number?
Probably because it was on the same child so it would still just be one charge. I don’t think you can get multiple attempted murder charges if it was the same person you tried to kill numerous times. But I’m not a law expert! But that’s just my theory x

Reactions: 3
There are 17 babies and 22 charges so I thought she was being charged on every attempt 🤷‍♀️ I’m not sure though I know absolutely nothing about law - I’m just going off the math

Reactions: 3
Hi everyone I’m new here been following along quietly and just wanted to air some thoughts I had. I wonder if she had a bit of a superiority complex and believed she knew best, was treating these babies her way without consent of doctors etc. Although that doesnt explain the assault on the poor love with the liver bleed or the air injections. Just some musings I guess trying to make sense of it all ☹

Reactions: 6
I’m so confused about this case I honestly think it could go either way. The TPN bag they say just have been contaminated - if they thought that at the time why wasn’t a investigation opened? The dr (i want to say dr ravi) saying he started to have suspicions, yet again a case wasn’t opened. And then to put her in charge of a student nurse, they can’t have been that suspicious surelt
I used to work in a hospital pharmacy aseptic unit, when making the TPN to prescription it is meticulously checked again and by multiple professionals and then the ports sealed, there is no way anything could have been added through the ports BUT that’s not to say when the bag was being drawn through the giving set on the unit something couldn’t have been introduced that way - the bag may have been checked by two nurses but only one nurse would attached the giving set to the bag - there is opportunity

Reactions: 7
You mean their ADULT DAUGHTER.

I’m sure they needs lots of support but holding hands going in and out of court for six months? No that's not contrived at all 🙄

More like they’ve been told to hold hands to make them look like a loving family who couldn’t raise an evil daughter. All part of helping Lucy look better and I don’t care for the aesthetics behind it.
Wow. Just wow. I'll leave you to your comments :)
Ugh this is horrendous. Baby I. My surviving twin came back from the brink so many times. we nearly lost him continually over a period of 8 months. He is an amazing little boy now who can read, has friends, is the absolute love of my life and is so very special, everyone who comes into contact with him just loves him. To think of these tiny lives like my son’s, with so much ahead being just snuffed out, I can’t comprehend what I am reading and it is taking me right back to our own nightmare nicu days. It’s been made me question if my daughter died naturally. I’m not sure I can take 6 months of this but I feel like I need to know what’s gone on.

He was quite active on social media a while ago although haven’t seen anything recently. He was a lovely dr, saw my daughter for a while - I remember he did iron man competitions as well, which is completely irrelevant 😂 he always stood out in my
Mind as being a really lovely, kind, thorough Dr and nice person
He wasn't thorough enough with her. He saw/noticed things and didn't report it. Why? That's not a doctor to be trusted anymore.

Reactions: 1
Yes I was wondering this. Maybe it’s not enough evidence for an individual charge. Or there is some technically about the timeframe between attempts that makes it one attempt.

6D392B04-8A71-4962-8883-8F13532A2CB4.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Just out of interest, the people who think she is innocent at this stage, is there any particular reason why? I’m all for innocent until proven guilty etc, just wondered if there’s been any point so far that people have been like no she can’t have done it
I'm leaning more towards her being innocent, based on the massive failings of the hospital in regards to not reporting anything. If she was as bad as they said from early on she should have been taken off duty. They failed on that point. Plus I refuse to believe 100% that she's guilty or NG until everything has been heard.

Reactions: 9
Just out of interest, the people who think she is innocent at this stage, is there any particular reason why? I’m all for innocent until proven guilty etc, just wondered if there’s been any point so far that people have been like no she can’t have done it
I don't think she's necessarily innocent...I just don't know if she's guilty, it's a very different thing. I think the circumstantial evidence at this stage is overwhelming and I can see why it all points to guilty for many people, but I've also heard stuff that I think could be easily explained away by a defence. Funnily enough, it's the strange behaviour that so many people think is damning, that I think might be nothing. For example, the searching is unprofessional but could easily just be no more than that. Also the bathing the baby story could be one of those things where the parents memory of it is worse in hindsight, with the knowledge of the charges against her. It's fairly normal for someone to smile when being sympathetic and trying to support, also, we have no proof that the conversation about the first bath was initiated by LL, it could have been her trying to help by initiating positive memories (funnily enough I work with SEN children and we do a class where we help them to think of how to support a grieving friend and talking about good memories is one)..perhaps she just has really bad bedside manner (we're less forgiving of that in woman.)
All this doesn't mean that I think she's innocent...I just think that to convict her of such heinous crimes is going to need some rock solid evidence and it will have to be the medical side of things (so the Drs concerns are far more telling.)

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Yes I was wondering this. Maybe it’s not enough evidence for an individual charge. Or there is some technically about the timeframe between attempts that makes it one attempt.

View attachment 1646849
Thank you - maybe I'm confused then because on reflection it is a higher number than babies involved, so they must be counting each one as an individual charge?

I’m glad I’m not on trial with many of you on the jury, it seems many have decided guilt before hearing both sides of the story.

The prosecution are doing what they are employed to do, make LL look guilty and saying that the poor children that lost their lives were murdered and that there were attempts to murder others. As tragic as the loss of life and permanent disability is from these events, there is the possibility that there are different reasons for the tragic events and we all should keep an open mind.

I hope the jurors keep this in mind and haven’t decided upon guilt already. Regardless of anything else LL deserves a fair trial.

So far much of what has been presented indicates an increased death rate while LL is on shift, correlation does not mean causation though where statistics occur, so do anomalies.

While many of her actions were unprofessional (texting colleagues, Facebook stalking, taking notes home, etc.) these are all things I’m aware of happening in a healthcare setting.

Lastly, if innocent, the deaths of patients (especially babies) may have deeply impacted her deeply, her looking up the family of a patient that passed as soon as she wakes could possibly just show that it was in her mind and she was sad about it.
I do find it strange when people make comments like this. IF I was the jury I wouldn’t be asked for mh verdict after the opening statements. I would hear the remainder of the evidence. As someone else pointed out up thread, we’ll probably change our minds/opinions many times. And that’s ok. Yes, saying you’re perfectly unbiased until you’ve heard everything sounds like the ideal juror but I imagine most are sitting there now with a view or leaning, because they’ve only heard this side and the prosecution are doing what they’re supposed to do. It’s not that you have to be impartial all the way through, but you can’t voice your opinion or make a final decision until all the evidence has been heard..
i do think having a poll at the start of each thread would be a good indicator of how peoples views change throughout the trial.

Reactions: 16
That is literally the only reason for me. Haven’t seen any evidence which 100% convinces me that she killed all of those babies, if I do, then my mind will change. Being a weirdo searching up families on fb doesn’t mean she is a murderer in my mind, but that seems to be what has got a lot of people convinced that she is from what I’ve read in a lot of the posts here.

How come if you've worked on such important cases you still can't spell the condition you refer to? :-/
Because lets face it, this is an anon gossip site and you can lie about whatever you want on here. Plenty of ‘professionals’ on here claiming to be this, that and the other but really just sound like they have just watched a few too many crime dramas or medical shows on netflix.

Reactions: 12
I do find it strange when people make comments like this. IF I was the jury I wouldn’t be asked for mh verdict after the opening statements. I would hear the remainder of the evidence. As someone else pointed out up thread, we’ll probably change our minds/opinions many times. And that’s ok. Yes, saying you’re perfectly unbiased until you’ve heard everything sounds like the ideal juror but I imagine most are sitting there now with a view or leaning, because they’ve only heard this side and the prosecution are doing what they’re supposed to do. It’s not that you have to be impartial all the way through, but you can’t voice your opinion or make a final decision until all the evidence has been heard..
i do think having a poll at the start of each thread would be a good indicator of how peoples views change throughout the trial.
I've never been asked to do Jury Duty but I'd be worried of me being unable to put my feelings aside if it was a big case especially one with kids. I hate seeing mine in pain when teething. I couldn't read the star thread on here it made me so bleeping sad. And the day I was admitted to hospital to have my youngest, and it was the day Arthur's Dad and step mother were jailed. I was bored and ended up reading about it and it absolutely killed me reading that :(

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.