Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just want to jump in and say we need to be wary of people claiming to be doctors/nurses/other professionals or claiming to be related to them. Tattle has a few fantasist posters and I’ve noticed one in this thread, naming no names 👀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
The fact they were comfortable with who they suspected as a murderer teaching students and showing them procedures doesn't strike me as normal. I think the defence will point all this stuff out that's why I think there could be a not guilty verdict. They don't have to prove she never did it just tear holes in the prosecutions case until it's weak enough to create doubt.

She was a highly skilled senior nurse
Another spin put by the prosecution she was a band 5 staff nurse not a ward manager or advanced nurse practitioner. I don't even think she was a 6!!

Reactions: 5
I don't think she's necessarily innocent...I just don't know if she's guilty, it's a very different thing. I think the circumstantial evidence at this stage is overwhelming and I can see why it all points to guilty for many people, but I've also heard stuff that I think could be easily explained away by a defence. Funnily enough, it's the strange behaviour that so many people think is damning, that I think might be nothing. For example, the searching is unprofessional but could easily just be no more than that. Also the bathing the baby story could be one of those things where the parents memory of it is worse in hindsight, with the knowledge of the charges against her. It's fairly normal for someone to smile when being sympathetic and trying to support, also, we have no proof that the conversation about the first bath was initiated by LL, it could have been her trying to help by initiating positive memories (funnily enough I work with SEN children and we do a class where we help them to think of how to support a grieving friend and talking about good memories is one)..perhaps she just has really bad bedside manner (we're less forgiving of that in woman.)
All this doesn't mean that I think she's innocent...I just think that to convict her of such heinous crimes is going to need some rock solid evidence and it will have to be the medical side of things (so the Drs concerns are far more telling.)
I’m still on the fence with my opinion but another factor that prosecutor played on which as a nurse doesn’t mean much is signing the drug chart. If the drug required double checking then yes, there’s a strong possibility she did sign for that drug and check it. I would however have an issue with a nurse giving medication to my patient without my knowledge. So it just depends in what context she signed the drug chart, as a 2nd checker or as the 1st checked & administrator

Reactions: 1
Those poor parents having to relive this and those poor babies … I’ve followed up to now but I am going to have to tap out.

As a mum who only had her baby prematurely last year and who’s baby spent 7 weeks in neo nates it’s just absolutely harrowing to hear!

IF she is guilty what an absolute sick and vile individual

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Can we please stop talking about her being a white woman. It’s irrelevant and mentioning her skin colour is making me feel uncomfortable.
Her ethnicity is absolutely relevant. White middle class women are less commonly convicted of offences and are statistically more likely to be viewed sympathetically by juries and the public. Imagine it was a black young male nurse, do you think half of Tattle would consider him as nothing more than a scapegoat?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
Her ethnicity is absolutely relevant. White middle class women are less commonly convicted of offences and are statistically more likely to be viewed sympathetically by juries and the public. Imagine it was a black young male nurse, do you think half of Tattle would consider him as nothing more than a scapegoat?
It isn’t relevant. The only comparable case to my knowledge is BA. Another white woman, does that make you feel better?

Reactions: 8
oh good lord, guys who are backing the scapegoat theory please take a look at yourselves.

This is a massive major trial with so much evidence, it will take SIX MONTHS. There is so much evidence it took seven years to bring this case to court. This is a highly complex trial that will feel “wrong” to many people because we are not used to seeing white, thin, middle class nurses kill loads of babies on purpose.

I know it’s tempting to be distrustful of authorities and don’t get me wrong, there IS a culture of cover ups within the NHS however it is far fetched to believe they would bizarrely ping it on one person. Please read the extensive details that have already emerged about her looking up her victim’s parents and trying to kill babies multiple times.
Not sure what your problem is .. 'please take a look at yourselves'. I think what I think and you will DEAL.

Reactions: 2
Went down a grim rabbit hole last night reading about other ‘Angels of Death’ killers (I think that term is wrong but it’s the only one that covers these kind of crimes) and they were convicted partly based on patterns of shifts vs deaths too, so I think there’s a good chance it happens here too

Sending love to those who are having to bow out, take care of yourselves I think I might have to do the same ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Can we please stop talking about her being a white woman. It’s irrelevant and mentioning her skin colour is making me feel uncomfortable.
This. Completely irrelevant.

Also the ASD discussions are not necessary, or the assumption of her being a weird loner or her fertility. Unless it comes up as a fact all of these are just assumptions. Yes it’s hard to believe a woman could do these hideous crimes but assuming she’s this or that could not only be wrong but offensive to other people going through such things who do not commit crimes.

Reactions: 7
This. Completely irrelevant.

Also the ASD discussions are not necessary, or the assumption of her being a weird loner or her fertility. Unless it comes up as a fact all of these are just assumptions. Yes it’s hard to believe a woman could do these hideous crimes but assuming she’s this or that could not only be wrong but offensive to other people going through such things who do not commit crimes.
You can’t police peoples speculation. I’m not one for speculating on motive but ultimately the people on this thread are doing exactly the same as people will be across the country right now. Trying to justify why someone would do this and that involves speculation. In cases like this everyone is an armchair psych/police man.
i think the people discussing her race are referring to racial bias. There was something just on the news last night about how people with mental health issues who are BAME or predominantly black, are more likely to be sectioned/arrested. In todays society I’m not surprised people are suggesting views of her innocence may be biased.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
its very relevant though.

and not just that she’s white. Shes young, blonde, bubbly, middle-class, educated… she doesn’t fit the profile of criminality and especially not serial killing.

which A. Likely helped her evade suspicion for a long time and;

B. Is terrifying to collective society. The U.K. attaches (wrongly, imo) moral value to being middle class and educated, if convicted - LL challenges this.

whether you’re concious of it or not, the fact she’s a middle class, attractive, educated woman committing this crime is as shocking to society as the cruelty of killing babies is.

Reactions: 28
If the prosecution are ending their opening statements today are we likely to hear from the defence today?

Reactions: 3
absolutely this.

the discussions of her fertility in particular are irrelevant (and just plays into stereotypes) and i don’t get where this loner thing has even come from (the article posted above confirms she was social and had friends). we know NOTHING about her as a person yet beyond little glimpses.

like you say, it’s also upsetting to people going through any of those things.

however, i do feel like the racial and appearance bias discussions are relevant, as i think people are raising those on a broader scale in how that narrative plays in the media overall.

Reactions: 10
The most significant / damning facebook search for me was when she searched a babies parents 1 or 2 years later on the anniversary of the death. I believe there was several months in between the searches as well so wasn't like it was something she did once a week and it was a coincidence 1 of the weekly searches happened to be on the day the baby passed.

As others have mentioned, the other searches are grossly unprofessional but I'm not sure I overly feel this is enough to say she attempted / murdered based off search parents after - morbid curiosity for sure or perhaps if she's innocent then she could say she was checking to see if they were okay.

The anniversary of death to me is very significant.

Reactions: 6
I don’t understand the fertility or boyfriend questions either. She is only 32 now.. Why is her not having kids or a boyfriend when she was 25 a big deal and a red flag?

Reactions: 18
All, stop arguing or moderating.

People will get banned and this thread will be locked if it continues to be a headache for mods every day.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I don’t understand the fertility or boyfriend questions either. She is only 32 now.. Why is her not having kids or a boyfriend when she was 25 a big deal and a red flag?
I don’t get the fertility / boyfriend questions either, it’s really not abnormal to be totally single at that age in 2022 lol. I’m 26 and already married and people constantly say ‘wtf how are you married, you’re so young?’, they find it bizarre and tbf, I can only think of a very small handful of people I know my age who have got married other than for religious reasons…

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.