Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you so much to the wonderful people who have worked so hard on the wiki tonight. The thread moves so quick and it’s so hard to keep up especially when working full time and this is a really heavy detail case with the amount of victims. Not a quick job so just wanted to say thank you, makes it easier for new and existing people to follow 💕

Reactions: 21
Thank you for the wiki. It's so hard catching up on two full days worth of posts, so it's appreciated and so forth 💎

Reactions: 8
how is anything you've just said relevant to this case?
I think the point that the poster was making was that MBP is an incredibly complex illness and most patients show evidence of this prior to it advancing to a more sinister stage.
MBP has been suggested by some posters to compare LL to BA, but there's no reason to believe that LL had MBP.

Reactions: 11
I really think that there will end up being a hung jury on some of the charges and in a case like this the judge likely won't take a majority and will want a unanimous verdict, meaning some, possibly all, will need to be retried!

Reactions: 1
I worked for the MOD recently and we had a what’s app group to keep in touch. We could talk about work processes and give support but talking about our ‘customers’ was strictly banned. Any public office environment is not allowed to discuss ‘customers’ be they patients in hospital or claimants to various government departments. It was very well policed too

Reactions: 6
In all my years 31 of them working for the NHS I have never ever heard anyone say 'trust me I'm a nurse' to a patient. Just saying.
I think it depends on context. I don’t think I’m queen of nursing or a superhero or anything but I’ve definitely said that before. 🫣 Aware it sounds patronising or superior now looking back, but I’ve never meant it in that way. Just to reassure anxious relatives, or to encourage them to take a break. I also think nurses are forever not trusted (lots of relatives only want the surgeon caring for the patient 24/7 and to only get updates from doctors or are surprised that we are also educated etc) so maybe there’s a part of me trying to prove that we (I) can be trusted, as often we are the only ones they see for long periods of time, I don’t know…

Reactions: 11
I really feel for those parents of the babies having to sit through or listen to the case. It's bad enough and painful enough just listening to the news reports.
This is what gets me, thinking of the poor families. The first death happened in 2015, that’s 7 years ago now. In my head I imagine the babies parents accepting their baby died of natural causes and spending years building their lives back up despite grief and trauma. For some parents, this grief may have been the end of their marriage or relationship (I know this is a weird point but my close friend lost her 2 year old child due to hospital negligence - not at all related to this case - and the grief actually lead to her and her husband divorcing). You never get over it but they would have built up a level of acceptance and (I hope) found happiness and new perspectives.

To then be told actually, this may not be the case it may have been because of this evil woman. 2 years ago she was arrested so for 2 years they’ve probably been going back and forth now, reviewing their hospital experience, a mix of anger, sadness, guilt, maybe even feeling they didn’t protect their child. And now they have to listen to the gruesome, evil things their innocent, helpless child pursued in court. Have to explain what they went through all those years ago and see this case all over the news and social media.

Those poor, poor parents. My heart truly breaks for them. I’m so lucky to not know what it feels like but I can truly imagine how difficult it was. I mentioned my friend, her gorgeous baby had a brain tumour that was ignored time and time again by doctors no matter how much they persisted and fought for him. Her strength was amazing but my god, how hard it was.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
You mean their ADULT DAUGHTER.

I’m sure they needs lots of support but holding hands going in and out of court for six months? No that's not contrived at all 🙄

More like they’ve been told to hold hands to make them look like a loving family who couldn’t raise an evil daughter. All part of helping Lucy look better and I don’t care for the aesthetics behind it.
They've only been papped once holding hands.
Why is it hard to believe her parents would need support at a time like this?
They look like they've been through it and it's only the 1st week.

Reactions: 39
There are a lot of she was a loner posts in here and maybe that led to it. Yet she was on a holiday in Ibiza? It’s not really a place socially awkward loners go on holiday. I had started to think that about her too so the Ibiza holiday has thrown me

It also seems crazy she would go there on holiday and come back the next day and murder a baby
majority of her pictures are all social pictures too, at gigs or out drinking.

Reactions: 5
She did though, I read that she called in doctors saying things like 'he's going', telling other colleagues a baby 'looked rubbish in the morning' and then deteriorated quickly. It sounds like a mixture of God complex and Munchausens
She didn't call them in, alarms went off and nurses were alerted and they came rushing in.
The surgeon who's name I've forgotten said one of the babies wasn't breathing and LL was just stood by his cot doing nothing.

Reactions: 2
Imo I don't think there will be a hung jury. I think she will be found guilty on all charges. Yes I know its early days but its jmo

Reactions: 6
I really think that there will end up being a hung jury on some of the charges and in a case like this the judge likely won't take a majority and will want a unanimous verdict, meaning some, possibly all, will need to be retried!
I think it’s way too early to say this given we are not even into the evidence yet.

I get people are impatient but we are 3 days into a 6 month trial here.

if you are going to do this……pace yourself. You have a long way to go

Reactions: 5
Yes I’m wondering if I will live to regret taking it on! But I’m motivated as it will help me too.

I will be keeping it as a high level summary, I will probably just leave it at opening statements for prosecution and defence and not get bogged down in the evidence.

I’ve made a start anyway. I’ll ask for the pink button to be added.

Oh my Gosh Tofino, have you done all of this yourself? This is amazing! You've put so much info on there already!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just caught up with everything. I think like everyone has said it’s only been the beginning for the prosecution. It’s like a slow release. I strongly believe they will drop a massive bomb nearing the end! This is all “setting the scene “ for something bigger that hasn’t been made public.
My legal experience wasn’t in criminal cases (it was in family law) BUT I’m pretty sure the defence will know exactly what evidence the prosecution has in order to form their defence.

In the Vardy v Rooney case it was Vardy's own team who swapped their Court evidence bundle with Rooney's team (evidence bundles were always sent on the same day so that neither side had the chance to change/remove anything) which accidentally included all Vardy's WhatsApp messages to her assistant incriminating themselves.

There won’t be any bombshell dropping because both parties know what each other will be bringing before the Judge.

Reactions: 4
The poster never said the nurse asked to stay in touch. The glaringly obvious looks like you’ve already decided LL's guilt without hearing any evidence. Remember, the only difference between those two nurses at the moment is that one’s been accused of terrible crimes.

The point was how facts can be twisted to suit someone’s narrative. God forbid any of us being accused of murder and our posts here being spun negatively.

It will be interesting tomorrow when the defence starts and hopefully we'll get some context, until then????
The poster said the midwife asked her permission to tag her and asked for her Facebook details - I was paraphrasing with keeping in touch because another poster said they were also asked to keep in touch. (Having each other’s Facebook details is keeping in touch IMO)

My point is both posters were asked their permission before the HCP used the families’ private social media/contact details. Lucy didn’t, she was searching for them within hours of their death and also years later and couldn’t explain why. If it was as innocent like these two posters experiences then it would be easy to explain it, just like they have done. That is what the glaringly obvious difference is so not sure why it’s even being mentioned, it’s not relevant.

As it happens, right now yes I think the prosecution opening is showing Lucy is most likely guilty. But I’ve already said in a previous post that I’m prepared to change my view when I hear the defence or other evidence. We are not on the jury, we are a public forum and are here to voice our thoughts based on what we’ve heard so far and change our minds if we wish as they case goes on.

Reactions: 10
I know this is a bit of a given and been said so many times but HOW ON EARTH did so many babies die and suffer before it got suspicious?!?? I mentioned I worked on a geriatric ward for a while and even when somebody who was really old and ill died, the death was still reviewed to make sure all correct procedures were followed and there was no suspicion. The families were often really strict making reports to the cqc and wanting these deaths properly investigated, and I’m talking deaths of patients who were sometimes like 100 years old, had heart failure, had had strokes, struggled to swallow etc… my point is, I can only imagine how distraught new parents would be in this situation and how much they’d want to know exactly why their child died… I just don’t understand how it all went on for so long
Yes I’d really like to see the monthly morbidity and mortality meeting minutes. Where they go into each death and scrutinise, examine and explain every action. Then grade the care given and see if anything needs following up. Would be interesting for sure.

I think it’s way too early to say this given we are not even into the evidence yet.

I get people are impatient but we are 3 days into a 6 month trial here.

if you are going to do this……pace yourself. You have a long way to go
Not being impatient at all. I know how courts work, I've attended lots of Crown Court trials for lot of heinous crimes, most recently a historic child sexual abuse case. My prediction on the very first day is usually right.

Guilty or not, she'll be found guilty. Firstly there's the expert statement despite no PM and then there's statistics. That hospital won't want to admit their failings.

And the Facebook searches and stuff at her home. I'm just baffled the hospital didn't do anything. They shouldn't be allowed to care for premature babies.
I’m thinking the opposite. Guilty or not she will be found not guilty of murder. In order to secure a murder conviction they’re going to have to prove beyond reasonable doubt that she did this, there’s probably lots of evidence that says she could have done it but they would need solid proof. Forensic evidence wouldn’t exist. I assume no witness will stand up and say they saw her physically do it (that would cause more issues for the witness even if it was true) and finally they would need to provide intent, motive and premeditation. I honestly don’t think it’s possible. They may end up securing a manslaughter charge on the basis of medical negligence perhaps? That’s just my opinion though I’m happy to stand corrected.

Reactions: 10
You mean their ADULT DAUGHTER.

I’m sure they needs lots of support but holding hands going in and out of court for six months? No that's not contrived at all 🙄

More like they’ve been told to hold hands to make them look like a loving family who couldn’t raise an evil daughter. All part of helping Lucy look better and I don’t care for the aesthetics behind it.
My parents have been married 50 years, have 2 grown up daughters, grandchildren and still hold hands daily. As a teenager i found it awkward, as am adult adorable.

Always assumed they just genuinely love each other but apparently covering something my sister must have done 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.