Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My legal experience wasn’t in criminal cases (it was in family law) BUT I’m pretty sure the defence will know exactly what evidence the prosecution has in order to form their defence.

In the Vardy v Rooney case it was Vardy's own team who swapped their Court evidence bundle with Rooney's team (evidence bundles were always sent on the same day so that neither side had the chance to change/remove anything) which accidentally included all Vardy's WhatsApp messages to her assistant incriminating themselves.

There won’t be any bombshell dropping because both parties know what each other will be bringing before the Judge.
Yes this...Star Hobson's case for example. FS provided information on the stand that she had never disclosed before nor was it in the court bundles. Both the prosecution and SB lawyer accused her of being in contempt of court? (I think that's the term they used).

Reactions: 4
Talking of “conspiracy’s”……
Jesus. I couldn’t get all the way through this. Is it Diana’s fault then? Or Charles? Because on his 38th birthday he ate 2 bananas and drove 14 miles and spent £68 which ultimately all somehow = Lucy being set up.

Interesting. Hope the jury are made aware of these findings.

🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Not being impatient at all. I know how courts work, I've attended lots of Crown Court trials for lot of heinous crimes, most recently a historic child sexual abuse case. My prediction on the very first day is usually right.
my comments weren’t aimed at you but good for you for calling every case you have ever worked on the first day 🙄

for the record, people like me who may be trying a case in any given court in the country encounter people like you who have no legal expertise whatsoever but work the court every day. We don’t like you. We are polite, we smile but no one likes a know it all 🙁

• Haha
Reactions: 18
They've only been papped once holding hands.
Why is it hard to believe her parents would need support at a time like this?
They look like they've been through it and it's only the 1st week.
agreed! guilty or not, they’ve lost their daughter too in all this. it’s not their fault she’s apparently a baby killer. i can’t even imagine how i’d feel if my child was charged with this.

the amount of press outside i’m not surprised they’re holding hands in / out for support and making sure they stick together.

Reactions: 23
Can someone explain this to me please? What do they mean the baby was not paralysed, do they mean not sedated for intubation?

and also the butterfly needles..

View attachment 1644749
When on a ventilator, you can be paralysed as well as sedated. Likely baby didn’t need full control (paralysis) or was managing well with just sedation.

FOR intubation, as in the process of putting the tube in and then being put on the ventilator, you’re always paralysed and sedated. But doesn’t have to continue once they’ve worn off, depends on treatment required.

Reactions: 3
my comments weren’t aimed at you but good for you for calling every case you have ever worked on the first day 🙄

for the record, people like me who may be trying a case in any given court in the country encounter people like you who have no legal expertise whatsoever but work the court every day. We don’t like you. We are polite, we smile but no one likes a know it all 🙁
You quoted them though …

You also don’t need to belittle this person to make your point.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Ugh this is horrendous. Baby I. My surviving twin came back from the brink so many times. we nearly lost him continually over a period of 8 months. He is an amazing little boy now who can read, has friends, is the absolute love of my life and is so very special, everyone who comes into contact with him just loves him. To think of these tiny lives like my son’s, with so much ahead being just snuffed out, I can’t comprehend what I am reading and it is taking me right back to our own nightmare nicu days. It’s been made me question if my daughter died naturally. I’m not sure I can take 6 months of this but I feel like I need to know what’s gone on.

I wonder where dr Jayaram is now

He was quite active on social media a while ago although haven’t seen anything recently. He was a lovely dr, saw my daughter for a while - I remember he did iron man competitions as well, which is completely irrelevant 😂 he always stood out in my
Mind as being a really lovely, kind, thorough Dr and nice person

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Just out of interest, the people who think she is innocent at this stage, is there any particular reason why? I’m all for innocent until proven guilty etc, just wondered if there’s been any point so far that people have been like no she can’t have done it

Reactions: 7
Oh yeah I suspect someone's harming little tiny babies - meh not one for the notes.
the rules of documentation state no opinions and fact only. I agree the dr should have 100% escalated his concerns however he would not be able to document his opinions in paitent notes. He could write what he saw as long as it was relevant to the patient, not the narrative of the fact he was suspicious of LL.

Reactions: 7
Has anyone managed to find anything about Lucy being adopted? I’ve been searching all day to find where I read it with no luck. I think it was a Hereford news site link on FB, that said something like “her adoptive parents”. I’m just really interested to learn her history/backstory.

Reactions: 2
Sorry not caught up with the thread. Was saying to my mum earlier imagine not only hearing about your child which I can imagine would be devastating but for the poor parents having to listen to what happened to other babies also my heart breaks for all of them.

My auntie lost a baby at a month old 38 years ago he was born with half his heart missing this was before I was born but I’ve grown up with knowing about him and it still has a huge impact on my family.

i know it’s just opening comments but the searching on Facebook is a huge red flag for me sometimes hours after even a year after and LL just says she doesn’t remember why. If I was accused of something I didn’t do I would fight to prove my innocence not just say I don’t remember. I’m shocked what I’ve read today my heart break for all the babies involved and their families.

• Heart
I know it’s late so you can reply to me tomorrow 😂 but can we have a discussion about the insulin poisoning? I know we need to hear the specific evidence. But the prosecution say the medical experts and Lucy all agree it can’t have been accidental for a number of reasons (in the live reporting).

So is everyone here in agreement that somebody, whether Lucy or someone else, attempted to murder those two babies?

What do we think the defence will say about this?

Reactions: 4
I think the point that the poster was making was that MBP is an incredibly complex illness and most patients show evidence of this prior to it advancing to a more sinister stage.
MBP has been suggested by some posters to compare LL to BA, but there's no reason to believe that LL had MBP.
MBP is now generally referred to as fabricated or induced illness. Also factitious disorder. I’ve only met one patient diagnosed with it in 17 years and she had been all over the country in multiple hospitals, had subjected herself to all kinds of invasive treatments for so called severe respiratory disease that didn’t actually exist. I think it’s far too early in the case to know but like most of us I have my suspicions and if she is found guilty I’d be really surprised if there isn’t more to hear about her psychiatric history. I do wonder if she’s had a psychiatric assessment already????

I know it’s late so you can reply to me tomorrow 😂 but can we have a discussion about the insulin poisoning? I know we need to hear the specific evidence. But the prosecution say the medical experts and Lucy all agree it can’t have been accidental for a number of reasons (in the live reporting).

So is everyone here in agreement that somebody, whether Lucy or someone else, attempted to murder those two babies?

What do we think the defence will say about this?
It states that Child F was prescribed insulin for high blood sugar. I think the defence will lean towards a drug error for this one. So many gaps in the story though... when was the insulin infusion discontinued? Prior to that day or on that day? If on that day, there is room for error.

Also, they sound very certain that a TPN bag was used to maliciously administer insulin. This is all speculation, in my opinion. They did not test the bag, there is no concrete evidence that the bag was tampered with, and there is clear documentation that 2 nurses checked and hung that bag (LL and one other).

Infusion bags and giving sets do have injection ports, but these are not used in neonates to eliminate the risk of introducing infection (assuming this is the same practice in all units?). To access these ports would be very very risky, as you'd have no explanation for doing so.

In cases like this I always hope that the person is innocent, it is so hard to comprehend that someone would deliberately harm or kill.

Beverley Allitt a nurse used insulin and air bubbles some 31 years ago to maim & kill, with no specific motive it seems - aside from attention seeking.

Fascinating case. My Dad had a colleague in med school who joked about hurting patients when he qualified. Dad recorded him twice within 2 weeks saying it and handed it into the head of the school and the Gardai. He was expelled from med school after a full psych evaluation. Best thing my dads ever done.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Or just because they were the most vulnerable of patients and less suspicion would be risen.
Exactly my thoughts. Easy targets. As were the vast majority of Shipman’s victims - elderly so less suspicion when dropped dead due to old age. Many killers target the vulnerable. Do it once. Oh no one has noticed. Liked that. Again then.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Just out of interest, the people who think she is innocent at this stage, is there any particular reason why? I’m all for innocent until proven guilty etc, just wondered if there’s been any point so far that people have been like no she can’t have done it
I'm well and truly on the fence. Yes, the evidence is damning but - I want to wait and hear the defence before forming a solid opinion.

i know it’s just opening comments but the searching on Facebook is a huge red flag for me sometimes hours after even a year after and LL just says she doesn’t remember why. If I was accused of something I didn’t do I would fight to prove my innocence not just say I don’t remember. I’m shocked what I’ve read today my heart break for all the babies involved and their families.
Did she live alone?
Did anyone else have access to the device she used to look these details up?
Has she been psych evaluated (to cover off dementia / disassociative disorder [or whatever it's called?] / anything else that could have played a part)?

you might be onto something there. My partner, who is a surgeon, had an interesting take on it when we were discussing it last night. He thinks in the first instance (potentially not even one of the babies named in court) she accidentally caused a baby’s death. He believes it then had such an impact on her mentally that she started to take risks with other babies lives to see if the doctors could bring them back from the brink… with her being the one to raise the alarm each time and gain that almost hero worship from her colleagues and the parents of the babies. It’s interesting that he believes she’s guilty as he’s always the first person to take the side of any medical professional in a case like this!
This seems to make sense actually. An accidental one some time before. This would also explain the job advert asking for a detective in June of this year to investigate baby deaths under this operation name for the next three years. These are the ones they know about in this one year time frame so that’s why the trial is happening now, but they still want to go back further. Didn’t she grad in 2011, so they need 2011-2015 looking at.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.