Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not been on the thread today, so just catching up on The Leader. I’ve just read Child I’s story and my mind has swung from not being sure to believing she is guilty. I don’t see how any of that can be circumstantial, I am so intrigued to see what her defence come back with.

It was me that requested a wiki page so I will make a start of it. I was thinking of adding the live reporting links at the top for easy access for people to fine and then keeping it quite strict with only info that comes out of court and not speculation and theories outside of that. I do the louise thompson wiki page and it’s essentially gossip but I think for this it needs to be kept factual (from court) as much as possible so it’s an information page. But open to thoughts and suggestions.

Im thinking of contents
- about
- links to live reporting
- timeline of charges
- Baby A (charges and info)
- Baby B etc

then maybe an other info section for any the extra information that’s not related to a specific baby
That’s a great idea thanks for putting that together x

Reactions: 6
It was me that requested a wiki page so I will make a start of it. I was thinking of adding the live reporting links at the top for easy access for people to fine and then keeping it quite strict with only info that comes out of court and not speculation and theories outside of that. I do the louise thompson wiki page and it’s essentially gossip but I think for this it needs to be kept factual (from court) as much as possible so it’s an information page. But open to thoughts and suggestions.

Im thinking of contents
- about
- timeline of charges
- Baby B etc

then maybe an other info section for any the extra information that’s not related to a specific baby
Thank you. It will be useful and appreciated.

Reactions: 3
So...they went to the CPS the first time and was knocked back for not enough evidence... went away and found some more... still not enough and third time lucky they had enough. So why did they have to dig so hard and for so long just to meet threshold?
You arrest someone on suspicion but you can’t charge them until you have enough evidence so she will have been released pending further investigation

Reactions: 5
Just caught up with everything. I think like everyone has said it’s only been the beginning for the prosecution. It’s like a slow release. I strongly believe they will drop a massive bomb nearing the end! This is all “setting the scene “ for something bigger that hasn’t been made public.

For the people saying she wanted the glory of being the one who ‘saved’ the babies when she collapsed a la Beverly Allit, I don’t see that at all. She didn’t put herself forward as a ‘saviour’ in that way at all. The monitors not going off doesn’t fit with that, nor does the occasions of not seeking help from further up the medical chain when she should have. This is not any sort of maunchausens scenario.

maunchausens involves a lot of attention seeking. I just don’t see that here so far 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 20
So...they went to the CPS the first time and was knocked back for not enough evidence... went away and found some more... still not enough and third time lucky they had enough. So why did they have to dig so hard and for so long just to meet threshold?
because it’s an incredibly high threshold and because of the sheer amount of evidence required for, what is it, potentially 17 murders/attempted murders?

a normally criminal trial lasts between 3-6 weeks. This is 6 MONTHS - to give you an indication of the sheet amount of evidence being introduced here.

Reactions: 13

Im thinking of contents
- about
- timeline of charges
- Baby B etc

Sounds like a lot of work, thank you in advance x

I’ve just been reading what has been said so far, it’s so awful, I will be interested to hear what happens tomorrow and if the defence can persuade me from leaning towards her guilt because there seems to be an awful not of things pointing that way.

Reactions: 1
Just caught up with everything. I think like everyone has said it’s only been the beginning for the prosecution. It’s like a slow release. I strongly believe they will drop a massive bomb nearing the end! This is all “setting the scene “ for something bigger that hasn’t been made public.
court rooms don’t do this. They aren’t theatres designed for entertainment. 7 babies lost their lives here.

Reactions: 27
She was papped signing for her bail conditions back in 2018.

Crazy how the press were on her and ready waiting to take photos as far back as 2018. She must have kept a very low profile from being bailed to then being remanded. Anyone local to Hereford/Chester and saw a lot in the local news back then?

View attachment 1645997
it was definitely in the local papers a fair bit when she was arrested the first time and the media went crazy showing photos of her house and naming her before the police did etc. My friend who was training at the Countess at the time was told to not say a word about any of it and they had many angry phone calls on the wards. Local people were well aware of the case in the early days for sure.

The police may have arrested her to conduct an interview so they can put allegations to her and get her response. They didn't necessarily get knocked back by the CPS each time. Although I do

Im thinking of contents
- about
- timeline of charges
- Baby B etc

Copy of the RCPCH report might be of interest to some people too:

One thing I noticed that wasn't clear from the opening statement is that it seems most babies did have PMs.

Reactions: 2
I'll be honest I don't see how she or her defence team will be able to explain away some of what has been going on.

Reactions: 4
this is real life not a TV drama. Our justice system doesn’t work like that. No one keeps anything up their sleeve for drama effect. To think so is quite disrespectful given the subject here

Reactions: 15
It worries me a little that there's finding of evidence that seems to fit based on a criteria that was knocked back the first two times.
It would be interesting to know what the defining moment was. What was it exactly that changed the direction from Lucy being on bail to eventually being charged?

Reactions: 6
For the people saying she wanted the glory of being the one who ‘saved’ the babies when she collapsed a la Beverly Allit, I don’t see that at all. She didn’t put herself forward as a ‘saviour’ in that way at all. The monitors not going off doesn’t fit with that, nor does the occasions of not seeking help from further up the medical chain when she should have. This is not any sort of maunchausens scenario.

maunchausens involves a lot of attention seeking. I just don’t see that here so far 🤷🏻‍♀️
She did though, I read that she called in doctors saying things like 'he's going', telling other colleagues a baby 'looked rubbish in the morning' and then deteriorated quickly. It sounds like a mixture of God complex and Munchausens

Their CHILD is on trial for MURDERING babies. She's their only child. They probably need the support. I can't even believe their support for each other is coming into question 🤣🤣🤣🤣
You mean their ADULT DAUGHTER.

I’m sure they needs lots of support but holding hands going in and out of court for six months? No that's not contrived at all 🙄

More like they’ve been told to hold hands to make them look like a loving family who couldn’t raise an evil daughter. All part of helping Lucy look better and I don’t care for the aesthetics behind it.

Reactions: 4

I don’t think she wanted the glory of saving the babies I think she liked the glory from those around her. I think she liked the outpouring of love from colleagues and staff who try and show support when you’ve had a difficult situation

anyone defending her strange behaviour around searching for families of babies she had either harmed or killed and putting it down to curiosity, is also strange. When asked in her interview if she remembered doing that she stated she didn’t but if the police had evidence to suggest she did she will accept. NOW as a psychiatrist for me that’s worrying a person who did something like that out of curiosity would just explain that they were curious or give a reason. She offered no explaining for it other than the sympathy card she sent which she also recognised isn’t normal, but said she sent it because of how close she got to the family? Odd but again this reasoning can make sense the rest doesn’t to me unfortunately
Isn't it pretty established that innocent people can behave really oddly in these kinds of high anxiety situations?

I think Amanda Knox is used an example quite a bit? (Ignore this bit if you think she was guilty 😅)

Reactions: 8
Isn't it pretty established that innocent people can behave really oddly in these kinds of high anxiety situations?

I think Amanda Knox is used an example quite a bit? (Ignore this bit if you think she was guilty 😅)
Consider that bit ignored 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Maybe if she is convicted in this trial they will start looking at her history which I don't think they can do at the moment as someone said earlier it's classed as trawling and could jeopardise the current trial.
Yes they did this with Shipman and I think the West's too but not sure

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.