Lucy Letby Case #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She did though, I read that she called in doctors saying things like 'he's going', telling other colleagues a baby 'looked rubbish in the morning' and then deteriorated quickly. It sounds like a mixture of God complex and Munchausens
I disagree. I had the misfortune to work on a case with a maunchausens sufferer some years ago. They were totally unaware of their diagnosis and it was deemed that it was safer for them that they didn’t know. This person had a habit of seeking medical attention and had been through some pretty traumatic medical procedures to do so. I had to research pretty thoroughly to defend the case and it was mind blowing. The defendant with maunchausens had a bundle of redacted papers that amounted to 13 pages. My bundle of unredacted pages was 300+. I’m convinced there is no maunchausens at play here

Reactions: 17
I thought that was sad about the baby crying and screaming! And the Dr said that hed never heard that before on a prem baby. Or words to that effect

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Isn't it pretty established that innocent people can behave really oddly in these kinds of high anxiety situations?

I think Amanda Knox is used an example quite a bit? (Ignore this bit if you think she was guilty 😅)
Hi you’re absolutely right in actual fact anxiety and lying sometimes goes hand in hand. However the issue here at hand is she stated she didn’t remember at all and denied it (again fine if due to anxiety leading to fear of incriminating her self or being judged, it happens) however it’s more so when she was shown evidence she accepted but didn’t provide a rationale. Thing with lying is may it be little white lies or compulsive lying there is always a rational provided by the individual lying, the intended here did not provide one, on each occasion. Of course details of her interviews aren’t out in full detail so I can not be sure if this was a consistent response or once she accepted it was taken as evidence against her and left at that or probed further. A lot to come find out about this trial yet!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Sounds like a lot of work, thank you in advance x
Yes I’m wondering if I will live to regret taking it on! But I’m motivated as it will help me too.

I will be keeping it as a high level summary, I will probably just leave it at opening statements for prosecution and defence and not get bogged down in the evidence.

I’ve made a start anyway. I’ll ask for the pink button to be added.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I disagree. I had the misfortune to work on a case with a maunchausens sufferer some years ago. They were totally unaware of their diagnosis and it was deemed that it was safer for them that they didn’t know. This person had a habit of seeking medical attention and had been through some pretty traumatic medical procedures to do so. I had to research pretty thoroughly to defend the case and it was mind blowing. The defendant with maunchausens had a bundle of redacted papers that amounted to 13 pages. My bundle of unredacted pages was 300+. I’m convinced there is no maunchausens at play here
I would agree. This is not a case of maunchausen or by MH by proxy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
She did though, I read that she called in doctors saying things like 'he's going', telling other colleagues a baby 'looked rubbish in the morning' and then deteriorated quickly. It sounds like a mixture of God complex and Munchausens
I have said I didn't think a patient would last long to colleagues (it would be expected they would pass at some point in future) you get a feeling in your gut sometimes even before the physical observations start to deteriorate. It's the smell of their body odor , waste It sounds creepy as hell but not uncommon to get that feeling.

Reactions: 5
how is anything you've just said relevant to this case?

Reactions: 6
Yes I’m wondering if I will live to regret taking it on! But I’m motivated as it will help me too.

I will be keeping it as a high level summary, I will probably just leave it at opening statements for prosecution and defence and not get bogged down in the evidence.

I’ve made a start anyway. I’ll ask for the pink button to be added.

Thank you for doing this. It will be really useful!

Well go me! I have been suffering from the most terrible anxiety for a few months now. I haven’t really spoken to anyone at all. But here I am voicing my opinion. Thank you for letting me join in and making me welcome. It’s the smallest things ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I heard a news channel state yesterday ..

She said SOMETHING LIKE trust me I'm a nurse

So something like not ACTUALLY fact

Can't recall what channel it was but it jumped out at me as media have reported it as verbatim

Reactions: 7
Is it not glaringly obvious the difference between midwives and nurses asking a family if they can stay in touch, and a nurse who is frequently looking up families of dead babies on social media without their knowledge or permission even years after they’ve died?
The poster never said the nurse asked to stay in touch. The glaringly obvious looks like you’ve already decided LL's guilt without hearing any evidence. Remember, the only difference between those two nurses at the moment is that one’s been accused of terrible crimes.

The point was how facts can be twisted to suit someone’s narrative. God forbid any of us being accused of murder and our posts here being spun negatively.

It will be interesting tomorrow when the defence starts and hopefully we'll get some context, until then????

Reactions: 6
Is there a chance she can be found guilty of a few murder charges but not all (example not enough evidence) or will it simply be she is either guilty or innocent
The Judge has ultimate discretion but I can’t see him doing it any other way than a case of guilty or innocent of each charge.

Maybe someone else will have more knowledge.

Isn't it pretty established that innocent people can behave really oddly in these kinds of high anxiety situations?

I think Amanda Knox is used an example quite a bit? (Ignore this bit if you think she was guilty 😅)
Yep...AK is as guilty as they come! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just caught up with everything. I think like everyone has said it’s only been the beginning for the prosecution. It’s like a slow release. I strongly believe they will drop a massive bomb nearing the end! This is all “setting the scene “ for something bigger that hasn’t been made public.
This isn’t Law and Order or any other courtroom drama TV series, this is real life. 7 babies are dead and another 15 were assaulted and nearly murdered. There will be no smoking gun moment or a big dramatic turn of events in that courtroom. I am sure there will be surprising evidence brought up, but it will be brought up and used in a factual and respectful manner to try to get justice for those babies who possibly were murdered and assaulted by Lucy Letby.

Reactions: 15
Wasn't the neonatal ward actually shut down for a time due to the number of deaths? Was this before Lucy became a suspect or after?

this is real life not a TV drama. Our justice system doesn’t work like that. No one keeps anything up their sleeve for drama effect. To think so is quite disrespectful given the subject here
I have a question relating to this. If there had been a piece of evidence that was more incriminating, would it have been mentioned already in the prosecution's opening statements? For instance, if she'd searched online for 'how to kill people in hospital' (stupid example, I know) would this have been brought up? Or will details emerge later in the trial?

Reactions: 4
Failings of the hospital , also how dodgy statistics are in cases like this , explanation for Facebook searching , whether she did overtime skewing the statistics , lack of PMs on some babies , defences medical experts. Her defence barrister is very good and would have thought of everything. I honestly don't know if she's guilty or not but how good her defence is might sway it.
Whether there’s a work group chat that other nurses joined in on and commented on the babies. Lucy herself raising any concerns at work that were ignored, lack of communication, training or support at work.

Reactions: 1
I really feel for those parents of the babies having to sit through or listen to the case. It's bad enough and painful enough just listening to the news reports.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
The more I read the sicker she sounds. She is a psychopath. Utterly diabolical.

Just caught up with everything. I think like everyone has said it’s only been the beginning for the prosecution. It’s like a slow release. I strongly believe they will drop a massive bomb nearing the end! This is all “setting the scene “ for something bigger that hasn’t been made public.
They can’t do that though. It’s called disclosure. Letby’s legal team have to be informed in advance of the evidence that will be presented against her in order to form her defence. It’s not like TV where the prosecution pull out some damning evidence or star witness at the final hour. It doesn’t work like that in reality.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.