Lucy Jessica Carter #10 so boring the last thread lasted 2 years!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jordan said something the other day about selling the bungalow they just renovated as "as an investor you need to know when the times right to move on" admittedly I don't know alot about property investing, but would you not keep your family home separate from business projects?

Reactions: 1
Jordan said something the other day about selling the bungalow they just renovated as "as an investor you need to know when the times right to move on" admittedly I don't know alot about property investing, but would you not keep your family home separate from business projects?
Well I would and certainly they gave the impression/said the bungalow was their long term home. It’s not like the one on the common is a huge step up, it’s not.

Reactions: 4
Well I would and certainly they gave the impression/said the bungalow was their long term home. It’s not like the one on the common is a huge step up, it’s not.
If I was in the property development game, I'd have to keep my house as a personal residence that I only moved on from when I wanted to and when the time was right, not because there was a business profit up for grabs that I couldn't say no to, especially if I had kids!

Reactions: 6
If I was in the property development game, I'd have to keep my house as a personal residence that I only moved on from when I wanted to and when the time was right, not because there was a business profit up for grabs that I couldn't say no to, especially if I had kids!
100% agree. I wouldn’t want my kids always living in a building site, then when it’s nice you move out and start again.

Reactions: 5
Jordan’s story about the planning permission made it easy to find out the house on the common is the right one. Just searched up planning permission in Broughton Gifford and it brought it up 🤗

Jordan’s story about the planning permission made it easy to find out the house on the common is the right one. Just searched up planning permission in Broughton Gifford and it brought it up 🤗
Yep and last minute to get permission they had to change it. The two bedrooms for the kids only have velux windows again. Also crying about the fact Lucy bigged it up so much, surrounded by countryside? Like where were you before? on The Street, a five minute walk away and I’m guessing loads for the kids to do means playing on the common, which they could also do before.

Reactions: 5
This is it if it’s the ‘cottage’. A newer house built in the grounds of an old cottage. No address shown so hope it’s okay

I’m so shocked this is their new house 😳 very overlooked and very restricted with extending the building outwards! Can anyone post the plans for the new house so I can see the layout? I love a good floor plan layout 😂 is that also a public pathway next to the house?

Reactions: 2
I’m so shocked this is their new house 😳 very overlooked and very restricted with extending the building outwards! Can anyone post the plans for the new house so I can see the layout? I love a good floor plan layout 😂 is that also a public pathway next to the house?
1717862926814.png

Thank you ☺

Only 3 bedrooms? so the kids will have to share until they leave home 🤔 They ain’t gonna stay here for long! They will do it up and move on again
She said six years but Jenson will be 16 by then. It does have a snug so that could be bedroom four. The house as it stands is small and the garden is small, when it’s extended there’s not going to be much left. The one next door is massively over extended IMO and hardly any garden. Also I was completely confused by saying this house is nearer to the school, it’s not. They have done this purely for financial reasons, nothing wrong with that, but this house isn’t better than what they had.

Reactions: 7
Please tell me why they need a boot room, a store and a snug (when they have 2 living areas already)? Unnecessary. I don’t think they’ll be here long.
I think the snug should be bedroom four. She said 5/6 years at this house but we will see.

Ermmmm Lucy, year 2 SATs aren’t really a thing any more? They are no longer compulsory so most schools don’t do them?

100% agree. I wouldn’t want my kids always living in a building site, then when it’s nice you move out and start again.
Those children are going to feel unsettled if they're being raised on building sites.... :unsure:

Those children are going to feel unsettled if they're being raised on building sites.... :unsure:
We were and it wasn’t a problem. Like I’ve said, it was great having Dad at home or seeing him put a shift in at work then on the house gave us a good grounding. My besties’ dad was a lorry driver and away all week so we were very lucky. The static wasn’t much smaller than friends’ houses, we still had our own sanctuary and space and outdoor space. It wasn’t all roses in that weekends were often the same as weekdays be sure the house is always there but it was great in many ways.

What I don’t understand is their crappy house designs and trying to do it all. An HMO and a badly designed small bungalow Reno. I get they’re going for passive income but IMO it’s spreading too thin and doing lots of things badly rather than one thing well.
Our own house has limited head room so I get it but I’ve never once seen a building plan with double beds pushed up against a wall!! They’re squeezing in the family bathroom to show an office when they have a snug, boot room, utility (unless it’s really a 4th bedroom) it seems like a tick box exercise to get in desirable room names rather than sensitive design.
Even switching the boot room and loo with the snug would make more sense particularly for the plumbing. There’s going to be pipes all over the exterior!

Reactions: 3
We were and it wasn’t a problem. Like I’ve said, it was great having Dad at home or seeing him put a shift in at work then on the house gave us a good grounding. My besties’ dad was a lorry driver and away all week so we were very lucky. The static wasn’t much smaller than friends’ houses, we still had our own sanctuary and space and outdoor space. It wasn’t all roses in that weekends were often the same as weekdays be sure the house is always there but it was great in many ways.

What I don’t understand is their crappy house designs and trying to do it all. An HMO and a badly designed small bungalow Reno. I get they’re going for passive income but IMO it’s spreading too thin and doing lots of things badly rather than one thing well.
Our own house has limited head room so I get it but I’ve never once seen a building plan with double beds pushed up against a wall!! They’re squeezing in the family bathroom to show an office when they have a snug, boot room, utility (unless it’s really a 4th bedroom) it seems like a tick box exercise to get in desirable room names rather than sensitive design.
Even switching the boot room and loo with the snug would make more sense particularly for the plumbing. There’s going to be pipes all over the exterior!
Yes I get that and I agree Jordan is showing them a really good work ethic and TBF Lucy has the kids whilst he’s doing it. I personally wouldn’t want it for my kids but each to their own. I’d do it once the that would be it. I agree about the plans not being great.

Reactions: 4
Yes I get that and I agree Jordan is showing them a really good work ethic and TBF Lucy has the kids whilst he’s doing it. I personally wouldn’t want it for my kids but each to their own. I’d do it once the that would be it. I agree about the plans not being great.
Yes it’s definitely a lifestyle choice. We’re lucky to have somewhere to live while we do our project in the first stages before/if we go into a static on site. We’ve also said we’ll only do it again if we can stay in the same village because we’re not moving the kids schools or away from friends.
My (childless) brother who’s a fully time property developer scoffs at this, he actually said “kids make new friends, they’d rather have rich parents who can afford to do amazing things for them” - I’m like 🤯 that’s so far from reality!
As much as I loved my childhood we were always just outside the village and I would have loved to have lived on the cul-de-sac with my friends who could play out on their bikes (that’s Reno specific but in the sense that the kids aren’t, or weren’t in those days, worried about the money or having an impressive house element)

Reactions: 3

We had our house rewired when we first moved in - there was plaster dust everywhere ..it drove me crazy!! Having new windows/doors/kitchen/bathroom was easier to cope with 😂