Lucille Maciver #3 still no sofa but is spreading corona!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had a Dm convo with Natasha last night, wanting to make sure she knows she's working for an MLM. She's completely oblivious and said the company have over 2 million business partners so can't possibly be illegal. I asked if it was an MLM and she said yes then deleted the message and denied it all. She's really got no idea and said I was clutching at straws trying to get her to give up her 'career'.

I vaguely remember her mentioning uni but I didn’t think she went. Just looked at the Aberdeen sunset vlog and at 13:30 she says she wouldn’t want to go to uni as no job is worth being away from your family for such a long time. Personally I wouldn’t let anyone hold me back from having an actual career which could then in turn support my family if it were to be successful. And not everyone gets a job in the area where they went to uni. Uni goes by so quickly anyway and there’s no stopping you going home to visit during term every now and then (obvs not during corona time).
She might not be able to afford the expenses of uni, and she's definitely too dependent on her parents to be properly alone. I don't think she quite understands that working in Matalan isn't a career, maybe she's just hoping her youtube takes off.

I've had a Dm convo with Natasha last night, wanting to make sure she knows she's working for an MLM. She's completely oblivious and said the company have over 2 million business partners so can't possibly be illegal. I asked if it was an MLM and she said yes then deleted the message and denied it all. She's really got no idea and said I was clutching at straws trying to get her to give up her 'career'.

She might not be able to afford the expenses of uni, and she's definitely too dependent on her parents to be properly alone. I don't think she quite understands that working in Matalan isn't a career, maybe she's just hoping her youtube takes off.
This is why I feel sorry for her. No matter her reasons for joining she’s been tricked into it and will now be given scripts to use when anyone challenges it. They’re all the same. People lose friends/family, money etc getting involved in these schemes. It’s all a scam. I thought Lucille might have been more knowledgable about that given it’s all over YouTube but maybe she’s tried and had a similar response.

Reactions: 3
Lol at Natasha thinking this MLM is a “career”. They use language designed to flatter, calling you a “business partner” gives you ego a subconscious boost but it’s all meaningless hyperbole.

Reactions: 2
Most people in these scams end up losing money. Very very few people end up earning money or getting the cars/holidays they claim their “business partners” will earn.

it’s pretty much always stay at home mums that seem to fall for this crap

Most people in these scams end up losing money. Very very few people end up earning money or getting the cars/holidays they claim their “business partners” will earn.

it’s pretty much always stay at home mums that seem to fall for this crap
99.9% of people lose money. The majority of them four figures. It’s all a scam and based on “fake it until you make it”. Really surprised Lucille hasn’t tried to talk her out of it. Although I suppose she maybe has.

Natasha has moved into a new, bigger house, has kids and a partner and it's just after Christmas. She fits the criteria of needing cash quick and easy and they've preyed on her. I feel so sorry that she's had the wool pulled over her eyes. She could lose so much.

I also DM'd Lucille, we've spoken before when she contacted a small business I used to run (not an mlm!) she's read it but hasn't responded, though i coincidentally saw her typing for a while around the time I was speaking to Natasha.

I hate to say it but Lucille doesn't have any more common sense than Natasha. They both seem very naive, trusting, gullible. I'm not a fan of either of them but wouldn't wish the stuff Natasha's facing on anyone.

Reactions: 8

but isn't it free for scottish students? I think it is quite sad if she is so nervous to be away from her family she is possibly missing out on opportunities, I also don't get what would be stopping her from going ot a Scottish uni and either commuting every day or just going home every weekend, plenty of people do (obviously not an option now of course)

It was Natasha I was talking about. Though I don’t recall Lucille mentioning why she doesn’t wanna go uni but might be because she has no career aspirations

Natasha has moved into a new, bigger house, has kids and a partner and it's just after Christmas. She fits the criteria of needing cash quick and easy and they've preyed on her. I feel so sorry that she's had the wool pulled over her eyes. She could lose so much.

I also DM'd Lucille, we've spoken before when she contacted a small business I used to run (not an mlm!) she's read it but hasn't responded, though i coincidentally saw her typing for a while around the time I was speaking to Natasha.

I hate to say it but Lucille doesn't have any more common sense than Natasha. They both seem very naive, trusting, gullible. I'm not a fan of either of them but wouldn't wish the stuff Natasha's facing on anyone.
Did you end your DM with “ilysm lovely, you’re so inspiring xoxo”? If not, she won’t be interested. No me neither, it’s a horrible thing for anyone to get involved with and it destroys people.

It was Natasha I was talking about. Though I don’t recall Lucille mentioning why she doesn’t wanna go uni but might be because she has no career aspirations
I think she said “it wasn’t for her”. Which is totally fine, it’s not for everyone but it is strange that she doesn’t really seem to have much ambition. Obviously nothing wrong having kids and staying at home with them but there so many opportunities nowadays.

Did you end your DM with “ilysm lovely, you’re so inspiring xoxo”? If not, she won’t be interested. No me neither, it’s a horrible thing for anyone to get involved with and it destroys people.

I think she said “it wasn’t for her”. Which is totally fine, it’s not for everyone but it is strange that she doesn’t really seem to have much ambition. Obviously nothing wrong having kids and staying at home with them but there so many opportunities nowadays.
Yeah nothing wrong with not going to uni but being on YouTube with a decent following should really be something to take advantage of. Especially since there’s so much to do with it

Yeah nothing wrong with not going to uni but being on YouTube with a decent following should really be something to take advantage of. Especially since there’s so much to do with it
Totally agree. YouTube isn’t my thing but once you learn the editing and stuff it’d be quite fun? Lots of the popular videos are food challenges and she constantly gets ideas for food challenges so it’s not like she doesn’t have any content options. Maybe she doesn’t enjoy it that much? Hannah Marling started her channel last April and has nearly 20k subscribers.

It’s true that Natasha could have gone to uni, regardless of how much money their family has as in Scotland the amount of student loan you get is dependent on the income of your family so she would have been fine to go. But no, she would rather be part of a pyramid scheme and let her boyfriend do all the earning. What happens if they break up lol she’ll be in a sticky situation.

It’s true that Natasha could have gone to uni, regardless of how much money their family has as in Scotland the amount of student loan you get is dependent on the income of your family so she would have been fine to go. But no, she would rather be part of a pyramid scheme and let her boyfriend do all the earning. What happens if they break up lol she’ll be in a sticky situation.
I don't really see what any of that has to do with any of us. Her life choices.

I could never rely on someone else financially, I’d feel so bad. I’m thinking Natasha didn’t get any savings from her parents when she became an adult seeing how proud Lucille's mum is for Lucille buying her own car and paying for things herself. So maybe Natasha just saved from working up until she became a mum but she does shop and go out a lot. Maybe Duncan’s rolling in it from working a lot longer as he is a ‘older man’ which all the maciver sisters seem to like 😂

I don't really see what any of that has to do with any of us. Her life choices.
Isn’t this is site to speculate what people have chosen to publicise

I could never rely on someone else financially, I’d feel so bad. I’m thinking Natasha didn’t get any savings from her parents when she became an adult seeing how proud Lucille's mum is for Lucille buying her own car and paying for things herself. So maybe Natasha just saved from working up until she became a mum but she does shop and go out a lot. Maybe Duncan’s rolling in it from working a lot longer as he is a ‘older man’ which all the maciver sisters seem to like 😂

Yeh I think obviously a woman can choose to work/be a stay at home mum/do both, but I also think it is a risky situation to be dependent on someone else. I've worked in the domestic violence sector and this is how so many women end up trapped in awful situations (obviously this is not the only one, but it is a huge barrier to leaving)

The thread is about Lucille. I don't think her sister's love choices are relevant

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.