Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sw4

VIP Member
also thank god the show got sponsors because the girls must have packed about 5 bikinis each and they all swapped and wore the same ones, that red one with green stones haunts me as well as the yellow one with blue stones-all the girsl wore them at one point, and Olivia's horrific snakeskin bow/lace up wedges-Ugh hates those, Its mad looking back this was 2016 and the clothes feel so dated and bland and ugly, thank god we got rid of brown lace up suede flatfotms, a line dresses with embroidery, the clothes were awful back then, thankfully we have sponsors now, I'd be fumin g if I was on early LI and saw all the cool stuff they get now
Really? I loved it when there were no sponsors so the islanders actually wore their own clothes and were able to have their own sense of style. I agree that 5 years on the S2 clothes look dated and some of the islanders dress sense was very questionable anyway, but I much prefer seeing that compared to the skintight, cheap, homogenous neon PLT/ISIF/Boohoo tat they all wear now.

Reactions: 14

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
A place to reminise about our favourite islanders, dramas and moments from times gone by.

Edited to add, Im not a mod and don't want to be seen to attempt to moderate, but lets be respectful and bear in mind the tragedy that has taken place since the show. ❤

• Heart

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
By far the best series, I remember being a couple of episodes in and Nathan was already talking about wanking 😂 😂 now the most we get is NVQ chat or whatever shite they're going about

• Haha

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
It was definitely my favourite season but jesus it wasn't half problematic at times 😂

Terry and Emma shagging - I only recently realised he was 28 and she was 19, yikes 🥴
Emma in general, she was clearly parachuted in to fuck with Sophie and Tom
Zara and the hideaway incident - I think she was very naive and don't think she should have been put in that situation
Adam's weird vibe towards the girls, clearly thought he was better than Liana (and her burnt lips 🤭)
Tom definitely had roid rage. Sometimes he seemed ok but I think that was him trying to tone it down. The way he spoke to Sophie was horrible at times, like when he quietly told her to "never speak to him again like that" - I think that's actually scarier than someone full-on shouting
Where to start with Scott and Kady :rolleyes: I always thought he was one of the best-looking guys from LI but 28 years old and arguing like that with a 20 year old girl - NAH. Kady was just as bad but the two of them together was always gonna end in tears

stephobz

I loved this season. It was the first one I ever watched and at the time was going through a really painful breakup. It was literally the only thing that got me through each day and gave me a focus. I’m aware that’s sort of tragic but it was a pretty tragic time so please reserve judgment 😂 I adored Nathan and Cara and was so happy when they won. They were really genuine and their relationship arc was believable. I love how they are now married and have a family. At a really sad time in my life this season legitimately renewed my belief in love/relationships. The whole LI show now has completely changed, from the format to the reasons people go on the show. I still watch it, but I don’t have any real investment in any of the characters (and I say characters because now it’s so constructed and they all seem to be playing roles rather than just being themselves).

• Heart
Reactions: 13

JombleWomble

VIP Member
Scott and Kady strike me as one of those couples that it would be a nightmare to live next door to because they'd have blazing rows every few days. She'd throw things and he'd punch holes in the wall, then tomorrow they'd be cuddled up laughing about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
When Malia came into the villa for all of 5 minutes, got in a fight with Kady and then was immediately kicked out 😂 😂

• Haha

bananabutter

VIP Member
Oh Alex was definitely in the wrong - he should never have slept with Zara when he was interested in Olivia. But this is where the alcohol not being limited comes into play again, I think - after a few drinks his judgment was probably impaired - if he’d been completely sober I think he would have found it easier to go back to the main villa. I suspect toxic masculinity played its part too, the same kind of toxic masculinity that meant Adam thought it was fine to talked about F*cking and chucking Liana - thankfully, those kind of discussions have lessened in later series (along with the emphasis on the boys’ numbers - Terry 500, Tom - 250? 350? - I don’t think they’ve included numbers in games in the last few series, have they?)

I’m now on episode 38 and it’s sad to see Sophie getting herself in such a pickle. She really did flirt with Katie and lead her on and then do a U turn as soon as she thought the public were angry with her behaviour. It’s sad to see just how easily she was swayed, she goes from saying she had her real bubbly personality back now that Tom had gone, to talking about being in love with him immediately after the Tweet game.I don’t think she ever intended to hurt anyone, I think she was just overthinking and worrying about how she was perceived on the outside. Absolutely no judgement from me - I would be a complete nightmare on reality TV, I’d torture myself with how I was coming across and second guess every decision.
There was a scene where Emma was talking about what she thought the difference was between Sophie and Tom and her opinion was that while he had his faults, he wasn’t nasty and Sophie was and I genuinely believe it was the other way around. Sophie was very vulnerable but I never once thought she had a nasty side to her.

Spencerskates

VIP Member
I think Sophie’s age really showed, she had so much maturity and emotional intelligence that so many of the others really lacked.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
also thank god the show got sponsors because the girls must have packed about 5 bikinis each and they all swapped and wore the same ones, that red one with green stones haunts me as well as the yellow one with blue stones-all the girsl wore them at one point, and Olivia's horrific snakeskin bow/lace up wedges-Ugh hates those, Its mad looking back this was 2016 and the clothes feel so dated and bland and ugly, thank god we got rid of brown lace up suede flatfotms, a line dresses with embroidery, the clothes were awful back then, thankfully we have sponsors now, I'd be fumin g if I was on early LI and saw all the cool stuff they get now
Oh i dunno - they wear an awful lot of badly fitting shite now IMO

Reactions: 10

Wolf359

Chatty Member
Adam J is just awful. I cringed inside out of my skin watching him. He’s like a cheesy lounge singer who’ll try and date rape you.
I still really don’t get why everyone hates Sophie so much at the end. She was only doing what everyone else was doing. It’s weird. Maybe there was loads of stuff we were never shown.
They must all be massive attention-seeking drama queens to go on that show in the first place. I reckon I’d last a day in there before I wanted to drown them all in the pool.

Scott and Kady are as Toxic as they come, both as bad as each other, playing fucked up mind games to one up each other,having sex,fighting and repeating the cycle again and people Like James and Tina were used as pawns in their fucked up games! Scott had issues with alcohol you could see , not surprised he went sober last year-surprised it took him 5 years to give the drink up was clear as day he had a problem on LI-always got mouthy and violent when he drank it, hes insecure and controlling telling Kady after the mugged off challenge shes lucky to be with him and he could have any girl he wanted and hes desired by women etc fuck off thats some gaslighting controlling shit, whats worse is he was 27! Kady did some fucked up shit to but atleast she was 20! how they made the final is beyond me a toxic toxic couple, andpeople give out about Faye and Teddy when this couple is a a million times worse

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I’m on episode 3 and can’t believe how much is going on. I feel they’ve been in weeks! It’s a real fly on the wall whilst today’s LI feels manufactured

Tit.tat

VIP Member
I’m in ep 9 I think- Ry and Rachel have just been in the hideaway. Not sure why Rykard is so aggy? I think Rachel talking to Liv is a good thing?

Don’t know why Liv is being so selfish because she doesn’t even like Ry

Tom’s just been a brat because Sophie isn’t ready for girlfriend status yet. It’s like day 8?!

Oh and I’ve spent the first 8 eps thinking Scott looks just like the Thomas brothers 🤣🤣🙈 doh!

• Haha

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
There was a scene where Emma was talking about what she thought the difference was between Sophie and Tom and her opinion was that while he had his faults, he wasn’t nasty and Sophie was and I genuinely believe it was the other way around. Sophie was very vulnerable but I never once thought she had a nasty side to her.
Emma was a dick!