Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
in my opinion it's over hyped, the way everyone bangs on about S2
I think it's just gets hyped up in comparison to the series just gone, because it was so fucking dull, and a completely different show. There are good and bad points to both, there are parts in S2 that are uncomfortable to watch, some bits are representative of more real relationships on the outside, some however, are so intense that I can't believe they let it happen. You can see where it's grown in a positive way by eliminating a lot of the toxic behaviour, the excessive drinking and sex, but I do think it's lost the rawness, genuine personalities and friendships, not just “the boys” and “the girls”. S3 is the sweet spot for me, still a little too much drinking and sex, but they kept the smoking which I don't personally find offensive, I think that helps with natural conversations. It highlighted friendships, silly moments and real conversations that they no longer seem to prioritise now. They each have their own styles still and seem to have a bit more freedom over what they wear. I think it was also the series with the biggest twist in the format (casa), they’ve not done anything as dramatic since. Love island now is too stale and staged, and the viewers don't get involved enough anymore, we’ve barely had any power to change the game this series. The format is so predictable now that the islanders get more basic every year, just coasting through for as long as possible to get to the fame on the other side, it’s bloody boring to watch. Unfortunately I don't think they’ll change it any time soon, it will go the big brother route.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9

Rxt156

VIP Member
How old is Scott when this came out? He is the most insecure man I’ve ever had the displeasure of seeing!

HOW was Tom 24. Had to be lying !! He looked 35 !
I think it must be the steroids. That’s why he’s so angry all the time too 🤣

LemonPledge

Chatty Member
Sooooooooo happy there's a season 2 thread! Best season by far!

Sophie and Tom - so many red flags. As someone else said, he probably toned it down knowing he was on tv but in real life he'd be throwing things and punching walls.

I never understood why so many lads fancied Olivia, so looked like she needed a good scrub.

Zara (did you know she was Miss GB......) I got the impression that she'd grown up being the hottest in her town, plus having the Miss GB award, but then in the villa she's one of several pretty girls and can't handle not standing out and having all the attention.

Best bit was when Kady and Olivia were locked in the hideaway, so much cringe at their behaviour. Felt so bad for Tina!

Might need to rewatch...........

Aw I love season 2, so I'm re-watching!
The sex scene near the beginning with the races song playing 🤣🤣

Also,just watched where Malin rocks up to confront Tel, and he walks off with her sunglasses 😂😂😂 tickles me every bloody time 😂😂

• Haha
Yeah I wasn't keen on Liana for a while, then when she full on bollocked Adam for saying he'd fuck and chuck her I started to root for her 💁🏼‍♀️

The man had no idea where to look and was just eating his snack a jacks 🙄😂

• Haha

YouDoYouHun

Does anyone think Zara went home because her mum was in hospital? To me I thought it was because she was still upset about the Miss GB thing and scared about Adam not wanting to be with her. I feel sorry for her, she’s got no chat etc she just made me cringe but do think she’s a nice girl.

GhostHoward

VIP Member
Sophie is wonderful, although Tom did an absolute number on her, especially nearer the end.

From what I read last month, the inquest into her death has been postponed as it looks like she might have had a brain tumour that could have caused her breakdown in mental health.

• Sad

Tit.tat

VIP Member
So I’ve just watched ‘size matters’ where they make their partners Penis’ out of clay. It’s the beginning of week two! Love island 7 would have to wait at least five weeks to get to this stage 🤣🤣

• Haha

Wolf359

Chatty Member
Tom is straight up abusive to her. Can’t believe it was allowed to continue.

She was such a beautiful girl, it’s awful what happened.

• Sad

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
I’m raging that Tom just said Sophie was acting like a hag 😯. Didn’t he say he’d slept with like 200 people?! I don’t like him at all so far.
I was thinking about that earlier, the boys all say some really nasty things to the girls in this series.

I can't believe no one came out to apologise for the way they treated Sophie.

Reactions: 8

Wolf359

Chatty Member
Zara is such a pick me girl 😩
She is isn’t she? So awkward. She has no chat. Her idea of flirting is ‘oops look, my boobs have fallen out of my dress!’ I feel a bit sorry for her.

Last night I watched the episode where the girls did the talent show and Sophie’s speech was amazing. I was like, preach Sophie!!! You just would never get that kind of heartfelt passion and maturity on the current season.

I was shocked at how the boys were talking about the new girl Liana, who’s a stripper. Terry saying to Adam “if you’re only in it for the fuck then go for Liana. You couldn’t take her home to your mum”, etc. Just such a gross way to talk about women. Some of those girls are so insecure though. They’ve no idea how to behave as people instead of objects.

That’s why Iove Cara and Olivia - they’re so down to earth and give zero shits about whether they look Instagram perfect.

Kady and Scott are just awful. Could have happily lived my whole life never having come across them.

Grrrombre

Oh Alex was definitely in the wrong - he should never have slept with Zara when he was interested in Olivia. But this is where the alcohol not being limited comes into play again, I think - after a few drinks his judgment was probably impaired - if he’d been completely sober I think he would have found it easier to go back to the main villa. I suspect toxic masculinity played its part too, the same kind of toxic masculinity that meant Adam thought it was fine to talked about F*cking and chucking Liana - thankfully, those kind of discussions have lessened in later series (along with the emphasis on the boys’ numbers - Terry 500, Tom - 250? 350? - I don’t think they’ve included numbers in games in the last few series, have they?)

I’m now on episode 38 and it’s sad to see Sophie getting herself in such a pickle. She really did flirt with Katie and lead her on and then do a U turn as soon as she thought the public were angry with her behaviour. It’s sad to see just how easily she was swayed, she goes from saying she had her real bubbly personality back now that Tom had gone, to talking about being in love with him immediately after the Tweet game.I don’t think she ever intended to hurt anyone, I think she was just overthinking and worrying about how she was perceived on the outside. Absolutely no judgement from me - I would be a complete nightmare on reality TV, I’d torture myself with how I was coming across and second guess every decision.

Nathan had a spiteful way of arguing with Cara, I didn't like him at all.
He also told Sophie that she made Katie come out on TV but one of the first things that Katie said when she arrived was that she was bisexual.

Kady looked and acted like a bratty school girl, I don't think she was attractive. Her and Scott were awful together

I didn't like Terry, his behaviour was terrible at times, but I thought toastie-gate very annoying. Imagine if you were hungry and someone started cutting up your food and sharing it out with others. Also when Malin wore a specific shirt of his after he asked her not to.

When I was Googling to see what Liana was up to these days, I found an article from The Sun which said Adam J had supposedly slept with her and posted a pic of her naked in bed and him next to her sticking his tongue out, looking smug. Horrible.

• Wow

JombleWomble

VIP Member
I’m only 7 in- Zara is doing my box in!!!! Dan gets a text saying him and Scott are going for a beer and she’s raging. Gets a picture and starts screaming. 🙄
It made me so uncomfortable to watch Zara act so possessive over men she'd just met. I felt sorry for her but also wanted to be able to tell her to get a grip!

I don't know how much of this is confirmation bias because I was watching her already knowing what was to come 💔 but Sophie seemed so lost and vulnerable. She seemed to keep getting swept along in whatever other people wanted because she struggled to articulate her feelings. Her whole demeanor was really different around Tom as well, which is really quite frightening.

On a lighter note, now that I've seen this series I actually hate the new villa. I don't think it's anywhere near as nice.

Gamu

VIP Member
I hated Daniel so much...Everything he said and did made me cringe. 😱
Omg Daniel was meant to be the bombshell. He was a strange one.
Olivia and Rykard having sex while his love interest slept a few metres away.
It was the best.

Tit.tat

VIP Member
Hello, joining from the current LI thread. Thought I’d give Season 2 a try and OMG! I’m only three episodes in and how much of a dick is Dan? And Tom is menacing as fuck.
Just came on to say the same thing! Terry has been there 30 mins before Dan’s in his face and hers. He’s known her like 2 days how can he be so possessive?!
Am I allowed to like Olivia? 🤣 I darent say who I like incase someone is like WOAH. 🤣🤣🤣

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
One of my favourite bits was the big conversation about how big Alexs dick was, Cara asking Olivias persmission to have a look, only to be lifted by Nathan so she couldnt see it 😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Sw4

VIP Member
Ah I'm loving this thread, season 2 is by far the best in terms of drama, it was just non-stop! They all seemed so much older and rougher around the edges, none of these ready made Instagram influencers like you see now. Can you imagine a Terry or Scott on this current season???

I rewatched season 3 straight after watching season 2. Although season 2 was best in terms of drama, it was pretty intense and serious a lot of the time. Season 3 was by far the best in terms of humour and funny moments. Chris and Kem made the show but the most underrated funny moments of that season belong to the rivalry between Theo and Jonny. Theo literally gave no shits and Jonny kept on rising to the bait 🤣

Bad Karma

Zara was beyond annoying, she wasn't used to not being the guys' favourite and it did seem to affect her after a while. I think that's why thr hideaway stuff happened with Alex, as if she was glad to have 'beat' the other girls but obviously didn't last.

Sophie was my favourite of the girls when I first watched it and hated how nasty they all were to her. As much as i loved this season, it did bring back memories of school and cliquey crowds.