Love Island 2022 #59 ❤️🏝

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Laura’s just announced she’s not hosting the next series of Love Island! 🎉

View attachment 1519717
🥳 🎉 🥳 Yes! My petty arse is convinced that ITV allowed her the opportunity to quit to save face and also save on the headlines due to how controversial this season has been already, look at their response it’s the tv equivalent of getting your bog standard reference from HR (because they have to give you one), there was no genuine warmth in their statement, rather perfunctory I thought.

The gall of the woman to mention travelling back and forth and how tricky that was when she was being paid £££££ for an hour of tv a week and several crappy appearances every few weeks during the entire run of the show. I hope her equally useless husband takes the hint and fucks off as well.

Reactions: 21
hosting love island seems like a difficult job(even if it’s good pay) just because there’s no way you can “win” in that job, your going to be compared/judged harshly and be compared to the other hosts (Caroline and now Laura) , EVEN if your good at the job. Some people will say they miss Caroline, but while she was host, they were the same people that had a lot to say about her hosting and other things about her that had nothing to do with her hosting the show 🥴 ,it’s a difficult position to be in overall

Reactions: 14
Thank God Whitmore is gone. Say what you want about Caroline as host but she clearly loved the show’s concept and that passion shone through. She took an interest in the contestants and it showed. Laura always seemed like she didn’t really care and she had no presence as host, not to mention her awful interviews on Aftersun. Hopefully Iain follows her out of the door because he’s been phoning in his commentary for a while now. I’d happily never hear from the pair of them again.

AJ Odudu has the right sort of energy for the LI host, she’s a good presenter and with Strictly boosting her profile, I can imagine ITV bosses considering her.

Reactions: 24
AJ Odudu has the right sort of energy for the LI host, she’s a good presenter and with Strictly boosting her profile, I can imagine ITV bosses considering her.
I don't find AJ or Maya Jama at all annoying or irritating. I hope one of them gets it.

Reactions: 6
Glad to see Luca gave a more measured and seemingly sincere response than his mate Jacques' shambolic Instagram story.
Let's hope he genuinely does learn his lesson!
I don't think he said/ wrote a word of that ! Such a PR move

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Would AJ get it now, she’s just started presenting The Big Breakfast reboot on C4??
No to Sam Thompson hosting…. But maybe the commentary? Or on After Sun, instead of that really annoying Darren guy, who managed to swindle being on every episode this series.
Ooh the plot thickens!

Reactions: 7
She defo didn’t quit that post screams I was fired and now we’re blaming the travel to South Africa with a child too difficult for me to do

Reactions: 15
I don't think I've seen a single comment saying Laura will be missed. Says it all really. Usually there would be some positive comments but ooft she really wasn't popular 🤭

Reactions: 18
hosting love island seems like a difficult job(even if it’s good pay) just because there’s no way you can “win” in that job, your going to be compared/judged harshly and be compared to the other hosts (Caroline and now Laura) , EVEN if your good at the job. Some people will say they miss Caroline, but while she was host, they were the same people that had a lot to say about her hosting and other things about her that had nothing to do with her hosting the show 🥴 ,it’s a difficult position to be in overall
OMG no same its like everyones forgotten! I remember when caroline was host she used to get a lot of hate too 😂 after she passed away suddenly everyones acting like they loved her

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.