Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EssieBessie

Chatty Member
Laura’s just announced she’s not hosting the next series of Love Island! 🎉

31F9D7C0-936F-4816-90F1-D6CD0D05762B.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 67

paradsesdark

Atleast when molly mae got a PLT deal it made SOOO much sense! But gemma and PLT? she dresses like a 40 year old mother pleaseeeee

• Haha
Reactions: 60

GossWhore

VIP Member
As someone who is black I never expect black islanders to gain lots of followers.

People follow people they can relate to and find familiar in their already insular lense. They also follow people who they aspire to be, its harder for a non black person to see themselves in Dami than someone like Luca.

It also ties into the societal ideals and its still a white man's world. People don't aspire to be like black people, they do aspire to appropriate it for their own gain though.

Sorry about the long explanation, but this is the third time someone this week has asked me in person or online about race and social media. I guess in real life its because I use to work in social media and knew the game.

It wasn't suppose to start an argument, just to highlight some things some may not be aware of.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

gleevall

Chatty Member
I think Indiyah and Dami do look good together and there is obviously a good vibe between them that made them like eachother but their connection will need to stay extremely strong and he will need to really love her for him to stay loyal because it’s very clear he’s always been a player he even confirmed it himself multiple times while laughing and it’s clear the thought of being only with one woman isn’t something he’s used to. He seems uncomfortable whenever relationship stuff is brought up about them in interviews and fair enough it’s too soon for talking about getting married or babies when they’ve only just back to real life outside the villa so nothing should be rushed but the thing is I think he also may be uncomfortable talking about that stuff cause it would mean he’s tied to one woman in a very serious commitment which I’m not even sure he really wants.
I do think his bullying was disgusting in Love Island and his ego was such a turn off. Obviously Indiyahs attraction to him made her overlook his bad behaviour and still want him but in all honesty I wish she had more respect for herself because her staying with him gave him the control and he knows she’s more into him than he is her and can get away with things cause he knows she’ll probably forgive him.
The thing about Dami is he isn’t stupid when it comes to being aware of what will give him good attention , followers and make him money. He even said himself he knew in the villa people on the outside would love a black couple love story and the fact he was thinking of that I find it strange and can’t tell for sure if he had a game plan or naturally liked her and wasn’t thinking about how it good it would make him look. When him and Indiyah got out of the villa he saw all the love people have for Indiyah and how liked she is so he knows it makes him look good being with her , he knows if he just broke up with her it wouldn’t of looked good for him so it probably pushed him to take the relationship seriously or keep it going for a while cause he knows their love story people are fans of and to keep those fans and keep your name out there you keep that love story going. I’m not saying he doesn’t like Indiyah cause he obviously does and she likes him too and I really hope they last and things work out well for them but there’s something about Dami that doesn’t sit right with me I don’t know if he’s going to be able to stay in a relationship for a long time with her and resist female attention when Amber even said he told her he has always done sexual things with female friends too so for him to suddenly to become a loyal boyfriend that means Indiyah is that special to him that she has changed him or he feels he has no other choice but to keep things going for a while to keep himself popular with a girl who’s very popular outside the villa.
I ain’t reading all that I’m happy for you though or sorry that happened 😭😭 xx

• Haha
Reactions: 54

Elles20

VIP Member
Gemma goes on Love Island which was made possible by her famous dad, couples up with a controlling boy, sticks with him despite his dreadful behaviour, shows no personality over 8 weeks, doesn't wear a single piece of clothing from PLT, but gets rewarded with the deal. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

EssieBessie

Chatty Member
Atleast when molly mae got a PLT deal it made SOOO much sense! But gemma and PLT? she dresses like a 40 year old mother pleaseeeee
A 40 year old mother who wears a £20,000 necklace and £2,000 sunglasses. Very relatable for the people who shop at PLT… not! 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 52

lizzolyn

VIP Member
In the villa Gemma turned up her nose at the way Davide asked to be exclusive with Ekin su with the tiramisu but here she is loving this over the top spectacle! :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 48

aimzalicious

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220826-182816_Instagram.jpg

I love Davides stories 🤣 sometimes it's gym, sometimes it's Q&A about shaggin Ekin, sometimes it's an eye test. Who knows what we're going to get next from this mam

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47

EssieBessie

Chatty Member
Someone just needs to teach him the ASA rules though 😬 I'm surprised his management isn't checking his stories for ADs/gifted stuff etc. before he posts them?
I don’t know how it works with all the ASA rules tbh, but he’s put a post up now which says paid partnership. I’m howling at the first picture! 🤣

4EF95F65-A17B-45D4-9BF4-A68A55918649.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

doodlebug

VIP Member
I can’t believe you are trying to claim when people have less followers it’s due to racism
Don’t know what bubble you’ve been living in but it’s pretty well known fact of life that a black person or a person of colour is likely to be less successful or less popular than their white counterparts. This goes beyond social media. It’s sad but saying it’s “a reach” is just ignorant tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Hollie Day

VIP Member
Why why why do these brands always pick the same bland girls year after year.
Indiyah would have been a breath of fresh air for a clothing campaign.

Reactions: 44

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
The thing with Gemma is that she doesn't have "it" and no amount of money or brand deals will change that. Of course she's beautiful but there is zero charisma and she doesn't really know herself, just cobbled together whatever's popular on Insta or the brands her mum buys.

Reactions: 43
Well when they break up they’re better be a reel just as dramatic put up on ig with a ”you’re dumped” or “contractual obligations ended“ spelled out in a pool of roses.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

paradsesdark

Boots is a HUGE deal! She’ll get to work with many high end beauty brands… i’m so glad she didn’t go down the typical fast fashion route. A beauty deal suits her 👏🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 42