Love Island 2022 #59 ❤️🏝

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just don’t think the main show needs a presenter, it just unnecessarily drags things out and adds nothing to the show. The text system works better and quicker. Also don’t think a new presenter will add much more then Laura other then be a bit less awkward and maybe a bit more likeable as they will still be told what to do and say by itv. I don’t think there’s much personal choice in the job really.
LI has really lost its spark after S3 mainly and kind of completely after S5. ITV don’t really seem to know how to handle the show or islanders anymore. I think the reason for this is really a curse of popularity and social media. The type of people that go on this show now are all the same and all a bit boring and only want one thing - to be an influencer.
S3 was entertaining because the people were actually themselves, had something about them and a bit unaware of what was going on. But now they know exactly what will happen and even try to replicate trying to be like former past popular islanders which just leads to contrived personalities.

Reactions: 14
We rewatched S5 recently and noticed how different the production of the show was. Very few episodes stopped on a cliff hanger, instead they showed the results of the recoupling and the fall out that came after it. The next episode wasn’t necessarily the next day but continuation of the evening. There was less dressing up and the whole evening montage of getting ready, a toast and can I call you for a chat straight after. No morning structure like girls on the terrace e v e r y b l o o m i n d a y while the boys made coffee. The programme was far more mixed up in terms of editing and much less boring.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Spot on, never had it and it was so much better. That making coffee, girl/boy morning meet up montage is absolutely NOT the one.
Neither is making up names for shagging; doing bits, in the salon etc. And who tf cares who’s made them a hot bev.
Bore us later, it’s so contrived it’s abysmal.

Reactions: 25
The thing is with love island it’s has sort of lost its spark people just go on it for brand deals so it’s being milked for that but sooner or later the arse will go out of the instagram influencer brand deals business
The show has lost its it’s innocents

Reactions: 11
So apparently luca wanted to talk to gemma straight away but was told by the producers not to and to leave it a few days.theres a clip on tiktok where he says to her as well that he wanted a chat with her and she goes us and he goes yeah where aloud as it got the green light .so it looks like he wanted to speak to her after finding out but he wanted to talk to her before

Reactions: 2
So apparently luca wanted to talk to gemma straight away but was told by the producers not to and to leave it a few days.theres a clip on tiktok where he says to her as well that he wanted a chat with her and she goes us and he goes yeah where aloud as it got the green light .so it looks like he wanted to speak to her after finding out but he wanted to talk to her before
Gemma was leaked as going on LI in the beginning of may. He probably knew who she was from the beginning.

Reactions: 17
There was this article and I can’t remember but someone tweeted about 4 girls being rumoured (Gemma and Ekin where shown) and there was this article posted in the beginning of may (Dami,Indiyah,Ekin,Josh, and Jacques) were the people they got correct

Also Tasha was only another person they got right

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
The thing with the Love Island brand deals is they're always so predictable and follow the same pattern when they could have so much potential. Let's take Paige and Forever Unique. I'd have a % of all sales going to a paramedics/NHS charity, have the range modelled by Paige and fellow paramedics. There's so much scope for things they could do that take them a step further than a classic Love Island collaboration. I'm interested to see the route Tasha goes down with eBay...this has potential.

Reactions: 25
Reactions: 6
The lady who’s business it is is on real housewives of Cheshire!
I like Seema on RHOC, one of the few level headed ones on that show! I too am impressed that Paige bagged this deal, they've never collaborated with Love Island contestants before.

Still hoping that Indiyah gets that Boots deal that was being rumoured, though time is moving on.

Reactions: 17
TBH I'm not blown away about the FU deal for Paige; I mean they're not as big as some of the other fast fashion brands but I guess it suits Paige as she is not as popular as Ekin, Indiyah, Tasha and Gemma.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.