Love Island 2022 #51 It’s the final countdown!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A few people are starting to say that Paige's mum was wrong for telling her she doesn't buy it with Adam. But didn't we all want Gemma's mum to come in and express her disapproval of Luca? I loved Paige's mum's honesty tbh. She bloody well knows that Adam is bad news.

Reactions: 31
I don’t even like Paige but Padam should’ve stayed and & Lemma should’ve gone.

Reactions: 10
A few people are starting to say that Paige's mum was wrong for telling her she doesn't buy it with Adam. But didn't we all want Gemma's mum to come in and express her disapproval of Luca? I loved Paige's mum's honesty tbh. She bloody well knows that Adam is bad news.
I think it’s more what she said about Jacques than Adam tbh.

But Paige’s mum didn’t seem loving or supportive of Paige herself.

• Sad
Reactions: 18
All I can say is (as a parent) I would have been gutted if my partner chose NOT to watch our daughter (on national television) because HE felt awkward. YOU SUPPORT YOUR CHILDREN regardless of how you feel >>> It's NOT about you.
In most cases yes but this is Love Island. It’s going to make some parents understandably uncomfortable

I didn’t see enough people reacting to Joanna when she said Luca is more into Gemma’s dad than Gemma!!!! Someone FINALLY said it. Notice witless Whitmore was stunned into silence and hurriedly tried to move it along without comment.

I was really shocked when Gemma was silent in the convo with Damiyah but then basically implied she doesn’t like them or care about their opinion? Super bitchy and will probably really hurt Indiyah when she finds out about that.

I can’t help think there’s going to be a real divide between the girls when they come out. Indiyah rolling her eyes when Tasha and Andrew were saved also took me by surprise. Are all these girls fake friends then?? It did kind of also rub me the wrong way when they asked Paige about if anything could happen between her and Dami and her answer was basically about how he moved mad in Casa. So she implies she thinks Indiyah is a mug, and didn’t say anything about how that’s her bestie and they are great together etc. as I would expect?

I think once the dust settles you’ll see like Gemma, Paige and Tasha together, Indiyah and Danica together, and Ekin not really with anyone. Which makes me sad because she is by far the most genuine and kind out of all the girls! Always hyping others up, listening and giving good advice. Yes she can be direct but she isn’t sly like what we saw with Gemma tonight.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I didn’t see enough people reacting to Joanna when she said Luca is more into Gemma’s dad than Gemma!!!! Someone FINALLY said it. Notice witless Whitmore was stunned into silence and hurriedly tried to move it along without comment.

I was really shocked when Gemma was silent in the convo with Damiyah but then basically implied she doesn’t like them or care about their opinion? Super bitchy and will probably really hurt Indiyah when she finds out about that.

I can’t help think there’s going to be a real divide between the girls when they come out. Indiyah rolling her eyes when Tasha and Andrew were saved also took me by surprise. Are all these girls fake friends then?? It did kind of also rub me the wrong way when they asked Paige about if anything could happen between her and Dami and her answer was basically about how he moved mad in Casa. So she implies she thinks Indiyah is a mug, and didn’t say anything about how that’s her bestie and they are great together etc. as I would expect?

I think once the dust settles you’ll see like Gemma, Paige and Tasha together, Indiyah and Danica together, and Ekin not really with anyone. Which makes me sad because she is by far the most genuine and kind out of all the girls! Always hyping others up, listening and giving good advice. Yes she can be direct but she isn’t sly like what we saw with Gemma tonight.
I don’t really see any genuine friendships between the girls this year. Liberty annoys the hell out of me but I think her friendship with Kaz was one of the most genuine things last year

Reactions: 17
Not sure if it’s already been said, but Luca asking his mum about the Tasha situation 100% proves to me that producers intervened and told him and Dami they were getting bad press and needed to apologise. Yeah we all knew it already really but for me that’s proof. So fake. I miss the days when this show at least had a little bit of authenticity 🙄

Oops yes it’s already been discussed, point still stands though 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 38
Paige's Mom and Dad gave off really really unhappy dynamic vibes. I just felt weird while watching it but after it settled in for a while I realized it was really weird. I don't get the feeling they would have hugged her very happily even if they could've, which makes me feel a bit sorry for her for whatever has been going on *there*.

Davide's sister seem so sweet, why is no one mentioning her? :)

Tasha's Dad, while cringe with the salon, seems like the most loving dad there. Quite liked him.

Indiyah's mom and sister. LEGENDS THE PAIR OF THEM. Dami STILL didn't look sorry. It's that smirk for me. He's incapable of sincerely apologizing.

Hopefully Louise disapproves more than she let on, ofc she's not going to do it on nat'l tv. But how could he be the best possible for her daughter in her view? never. And he doesn't look like Michael one iota to me. What kind of drivel is that.. but his blinding gnashers were really on full display when he heard that though. Nauseating.

I think a lot of the parents, besides Paige's mom and Indiyah's bunch, way watered down their views for the sake of tv. Why would you fully be okay with your child marrying the person they're with right now seeing what you've seen. My parents would come in and have a coronary.

I don't mind what her mum said about Adam. She is perfectly entitled to her opinion. But what was uncomfortable was neither parent saying anything nice to Paige (that we saw). It all seemed quite cold and disapproving. I don't even particularly like the girl but her parents were brutal. Mother bigging up the foul Jacques, Father sat there silently seething with a face like a slapped arse. I noticed towards the end they just sort of edited him out.
I just felt quite sorry for Paige.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I don't mind what her mum said about Adam. She is perfectly entitled to her opinion. But what was uncomfortable was neither parent saying anything nice to Paige (that we saw). It all seemed quite cold and disapproving. I don't even particularly like the girl but her parents were brutal. Mother bigging up the foul Jacques, Father sat there silently seething with a face like a slapped arse. I noticed towards the end they just sort of edited him out.
I just felt quite sorry for Paige.
Yeah they were a bit cold, maybe just reserved but it stood out when you have people like Davide's mum wanting to hug him and calling him her beautiful boy 😭 😭 😭

Paige’s parents are probably beyond gutted that she went through uni to get the career she did only to wind up on LI and get treated like tit by Jacques and then be publicly hoodwinked by notorious fuckboy Adam

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The key word here is ‘nurture’. Louise Owen is clearly nurturing of her girl. It was extremely clear and very obvious. She obviously nurtured Gemma and Gemma, in return, has become very confident and has a healthy amount of self - esteem. Indiyah’s mum is like a Rottweiler, soooo nurturing that - rightly so - she was defensive of Indiyah. Whereas both Paige’s parents - to me anyway - lacked visible nurture. They both seemed cold and indifferent and lacking in nurture.

Just my opinion. ™️

• Heart
Reactions: 22
As vile as he is, I really hope ITV have got some seriously robust safeguarding in place for Luca once he’s out. I think he’s the sort of person who cannot let go of things and will stew on any comment that does not tell him how wonderful he is. Given that there must be millions of them now online he will literally drive himself insane.
He also doesn’t seem like the sort of person who will think ‘ooh, several thousand people said this about me, maybe I should reflect on that’. He will just come out fighting and blaming.
He has such little self awareness I would imagine he's going to be impossible to work with.

He thinks he has the right to "say it out straight" and make digs at Tasha and Tandrews relationship all the time, yet cannot handle people having an opinion on his relationship when they are told to judge the couples.

He pied Tashas face, was so nasty about it and then stood there saying he had a list of reasons that he wasn't going to get into, yet couldn't handle getting pied himself and said it was because he'd pied all the girls romantically 😂

When Adam said no hard feelings when they found out they had to choose least compatible he said "well I know no one is going to pick me" 😂

I'm sure I'm missing many more but he really is unable to deal with any criticism. He has such an elevated opinion of himself and can't deal with others seeing him as anything less.

Reactions: 31
Definitely see why paige has low self esteem now and needs male validation. Feel bad for her. If her parents were not supportive they should not have gone on the show.

I disagree, I think her Mum was right to tell her what she thought- obviously she wasn't going to get the private time to talk to her daughter, so had to do it some way. I'd like my Mum to do the same. Disappointed that Gemmas Mum wasn't more honest - saying that she voted for them as an initial couple too?? She may not have hurt her on national tv, but she wasn't honest with her either 👎
But Paige's mom obviously like seeing her daughter with JACQUES.............

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Paige's parents bleeping suck. Fine, if you are unsure about Adam, say so, but there's a diplomatic way to do it without being a bleep. Also if you like Jacques, you are a seriously questionable human being. Like I've said before, people can change and it would be kinder to give Adam a chance than promote a guy who has actually treated your daughter like tit on his shoe. Also, they didn't say a single nice thing to Paige, just negatives. I honestly don't care if you don't approve of LI, she's your daughter and she hasn't killed someone, for christ sake atleast watch the show and be supportive of her. Or crack a bloody smile! You can completely see why she is the way she is and tbh, I feel a bit bad for her now. And Adam - never thought I'd see the day, imagine treating someone really well and being told someone who was controlling and manipulative is still better than you :sick:

Jacques and Luca have to be two of the worst contestants to ever come from this show, honestly I think Luca gets #1. Most of the other 'baddies' have been players sure, but not so outright nasty and coercive. Absolutely enrages me to see Jacques living it up knowing Luca is going to get the same. I honestly don't respect Louise at all for not saying so. It's not like Luca is just a bit of a head, he's vile and it's not embarrassing your daughter to say so. Just shows it's all about the win like I knew all along.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.