Love Island 2022 #22 Heads moving faster than the crowds at Wimbledon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right, haven't been on this thread since the last season, I've been behind with this season as the time difference here in cyprus kills me off for getting up for work šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

However, I'm now caught up and watching a day behind so... I'm back in the room šŸ™Œ

Thoughts so far..
Jacques reminds me of Joshua Richie.
Tasha is a moaning myrtle
Gemma has grown on me. First I thought she was dull and dry, but now I think she's just a bit dry and she's the most mature one there
I don't mind luca šŸ˜• he's a bit clingy but I think he actually cares about gem
Davide and Ekin Su are my king and queen!!! Erin's back must be killing because she has carried this season
Jay šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

I think I'm finally too old to watch this. At 32 with 2 kids and an 11 year marriage, I've told my husband he needs to graft me more šŸ˜³ šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 19
People acting like Gemma is as mature as a monk has me likeā”

She's 19, not 6.

Do you guys think 19 year olds can't tie their shoes together?
Yep I had a baby at 18 living with daughters dad. I was On maternity leave and rent to pay every month . By time I was 19 I was back in work. Juggling a house and childcare
because thereā€™s a natural progression of maturity. 19 year olds are still finding themselves, learning adult skills like cooking and money management and learning about the workplace. Repeatedly dating duck boys and dressing like youā€™re in your mid 20s, plus not being able to relax and joke around and constantly being over-serious isnā€™t indicative of maturity to me - itā€™s indicative of someone growing up too fast for whatever reason.

lots of people grow up too soon, whether through their own choices (eg having a baby young) or because itā€™s forced on them. Iā€™d moved out at 19 and got my first boyfriend and had already held down two jobs at that age, but I was still immature in a lot of ways. I wasnā€™t dressing like a 30 year old, I wasnā€™t getting cosmetic work done, I didnā€™t have a list of ex boyfriends from my mid teens. Childhood is so short, itā€™s a shame to see Gemma dressing in heels and skirts and looking 10 years older in her mid teens. It reminds me of girls in my year at school desperate to be seen as older, dating older men, dressing older, acting older - and completely missing out and enjoying being a teen and probably damaging themselves by throwing themselves into situations they werenā€™t ready for.

personally, I think just because one woman can manage at 19 with a baby doesnā€™t make it aspirational or that the expectation should be all 19 year olds are capabale of that. Most arent, and nor should they be. I have a huge wealth of life experience and patience in my 30s that make me feel prepared for a kid that I didnā€™t have at 19. That attitude is a bit like ā€œwell I had to grow up super early so I donā€™t see anything wrong with itā€. Itā€™s a commentary on Gemmas life choices, not yours.

having a kid at 19 is irrelevant to the discussion about Gemma really. And this isnā€™t mumsnet where we all talk about how itā€™s ok to be a teenage/SAH mum. :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Ugh Iā€™m really not looking forward to all his justifications of why he went off.

Reactions: 8
Paige far too emotionally invested in Jacques considering it looked like they had sex at least twice last week so will be looking like major heartbreak. Counsellors could be on hand for that aftermath.
Defo. Sheā€™s fallen for his gift of the gab, little does she know thatā€™s just his pulling method, nothing special about him at all heā€™s just a massive flirt
heā€™s not even there to look for love, the show brought him in to shake things up with Gemma, paige has just been caught up in the aftermath

he literally repulses me
Looks like an actual badger

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Hopefully we get to see the full recoupling by end of Friday's episode. As imagine waiting until Sunday

Reactions: 3
I get why they do it but I hate when they drag out the recoupling over an episode. Then end on someone getting their partner back with another person. Like when it was Georgia they ended on her eeeing him return with kaz. I want a 2 hour episode of the aftermath. Speeches are all too drawn out

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Hopefully we get to see the full recoupling by end of Friday's episode. As imagine waiting until Sunday
Oh we definitely will if itā€™s starting tonight. We probably wont see any actual re coupling tonight as it will end on Laura showing up but that gives 2 whole episodes for the actual re coupling to take place.

Reactions: 6
because thereā€™s a natural progression of maturity. 19 year olds are still finding themselves, learning adult skills like cooking and money management and learning about the workplace. Repeatedly dating duck boys and dressing like youā€™re in your mid 20s, plus not being able to relax and joke around and constantly being over-serious isnā€™t indicative of maturity to me - itā€™s indicative of someone growing up too fast for whatever reason.

lots of people grow up too soon, whether through their own choices (eg having a baby young) or because itā€™s forced on them. Iā€™d moved out at 19 and got my first boyfriend and had already held down two jobs at that age, but I was still immature in a lot of ways. I wasnā€™t dressing like a 30 year old, I wasnā€™t getting cosmetic work done, I didnā€™t have a list of ex boyfriends from my mid teens. Childhood is so short, itā€™s a shame to see Gemma dressing in heels and skirts and looking 10 years older in her mid teens. It reminds me of girls in my year at school desperate to be seen as older, dating older men, dressing older, acting older - and completely missing out and enjoying being a teen and probably damaging themselves by throwing themselves into situations they werenā€™t ready for.

personally, I think just because one woman can manage at 19 with a baby doesnā€™t make it aspirational or that the expectation should be all 19 year olds are capabale of that. Most arent, and nor should they be. I have a huge wealth of life experience and patience in my 30s that make me feel prepared for a kid that I didnā€™t have at 19. That attitude is a bit like ā€œwell I had to grow up super early so I donā€™t see anything wrong with itā€. Itā€™s a commentary on Gemmas life choices, not yours.

having a kid at 19 is irrelevant to the discussion about Gemma really. And this isnā€™t mumsnet where we all talk about how itā€™s ok to be a teenage/SAH mum. :LOL:
I wasn't a stay at home mum thank you very much šŸ¤£ I was in relationship and was with him for 15 years. But I am saying at 19 she is not going to be acting like a child and is able to make choices for herself . She is not incapable. Able to give the girls good advice. She's grown up fast and is alot more grown up then the other girls. Like you moving out having jobs at 19 that's also not relevant to Gemma.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I get why they do it but I hate when they drag out the recoupling over an episode. Then end on someone getting their partner back with another person. Like when it was Georgia they ended on her eeeing him return with kaz. I want a 2 hour episode of the aftermath. Speeches are all too drawn out
So do I but the showā€™s all about making money and advertising revenue comes first, they can really push the prices of those advertising slots up following the epiisodes ending in a cliffhanger šŸ˜ž
Ah . just spotted you saying you get why they do it, Iā€™ll just leave my post for all of lifeā€™s romantics to readšŸ¤«

• Haha
Defo. Sheā€™s fallen for his gift of the gab, little does she know thatā€™s just his pulling method, nothing special about him at all heā€™s just a massive flirt
heā€™s not even there to look for love, the show brought him in to shake things up with Gemma, paige has just been caught up in the aftermath

Looks like an actual badger
Thatā€™s an insult to badgers

• Haha
  • Heart
Anyone read the press release? Jacques will be Andrews shoulder to cry on.. I didnā€™t see that happening but I suppose they have to find some way to dial it back for him?

Reactions: 4
Why people acting like 19 is the equivalent to being 9 or that she acts so much older like sheā€™s 39.
Gemmaā€™s an adult end of. Sheā€™s not going to be in playing clothes doing hop scotch in a park and sheā€™s also not off to the bingo every Thursday with her mate Mildred.
letā€™s not focus on someoneā€™s age. She is a consenting adult, she can do and act how she wants without people focusing on how old she is. Itā€™s irrelevant

We have more important things to discuss. Like the impeding re coupling and wether or not Jaques will pick paige or dami will pick Indiyah or Davide and Ekin, and if so, what bullshit excuses will they give for their behaviour. And what in gods name will happen with Andrew and Tasha šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Why people acting like 19 is the equivalent to being 9 or that she acts so much older like sheā€™s 39.
Gemmaā€™s an adult end of. Sheā€™s not going to be in playing clothes doing hop scotch in a park and sheā€™s also not off to the bingo every Thursday with her mate Mildred.
letā€™s not focus on someoneā€™s age. She is a consenting adult, she can do and act how she wants without people focusing on how old she is. Itā€™s irrelevant

We have more important things to discuss. Like the impeding re coupling and wether or not Jaques will pick paige or dami will pick Indiyah or Davide and Ekin, and if so, what bullshit excuses will they give for their behaviour. And what in gods name will happen with Andrew and Tasha šŸ˜‚
Exactly this. I think some people think she should be playing dolls

Reactions: 9
We have more important things to discuss. Like the impeding re coupling and wether or not Jaques will pick paige or dami will pick Indiyah or Davide and Ekin, and if so, what bullshit excuses will they give for their behaviour. And what in gods name will happen with Andrew and Tasha
I think jacques will come back to Paige.
I think dami could go either way.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.