Love Island 2022 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the boys were laughing at the whole davide kissing danica and not choosing her thing. no one can convince me they wouldn’t slate and judge if a girl -particularly ekin su -did the same.
The only thing good about this season is that we (women) can see how a group of men operate behind the scenes.

It's ridiculous in this day and age there is STILL two sets of rules for men and women ... and I am not having it.

Call them what they are ... manipulative bullies.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think Charlie has decided to play the long game for Tasha and also see who arrives in the meantime after pulling her for that chat before the recoupling, he’s not for Ekin and she’s not for him so i truly hope Ekin doesn’t try and play out a showmance with him because it will be so unbelievable even for the actress herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
charlie is actually quite disdainful with ekin su and overly sarcastic in most of their conversations so far. hopefully she realises that and doesn't actually like him and is just playing along until a new guy comes in.

i hope andrew decides to get a grip and move on from tasha.
That's the word ' disdain ' and most definitely written all over Charlies face when he's talking to EK.

Reactions: 8
i really wish there were more close female friendships like amber-anna-yewande or liberty-kaz
this szn doesn’t have that, from what we’ve seen, there was the scene with indiyah and paige but yk. none of them defend each other or stick up for each other much, and what makes it worse is that the boys do with their pack mentality. i do think the girls get on and everything but there’s always that one friendhip that’s really close and i can’t see it this year

Reactions: 15
That's the word ' disdain ' and most definitely written all over Charlies face when he's talking to EK.
The way he didnt look at her when he talked to her.leg up on seat etc.zero charm. even my bf picked up on that.

Reactions: 3
I'm sure she was sexually active at 16 with her 20/21 year old boyfriend Jacques 🙃🤢
I’m probably (largely) in the minority here but I don’t get the big deal around this. I dated a 20 year old when I was 16. At 16 in the UK you’re of legal age to have sex. It’s not a crime.

What’s a crime is that she willingly chose to date Jacques. I can’t stand him at all and wish he’d get booted out. 🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I know everyone loving ES but I find her quite grating. She can dish it out but can’t take it. I can honestly see why most of the islanders seem sick of her. Imagine day in day out making every possible situation about yourself and only ever seeing things from your own perspective. She really lacks insight into her own annoying traits and comes across as a professional victim.
Main character syndrome!! Fails to realise everyone else are people too

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Libertys desperation to make her and Kazs friendship “the friendship” ruined it for me. The desperation to be the next Chris and Kem makes me happy to have the friendships In the background.

Reactions: 18
Libertys desperation to make her and Kazs friendship “the friendship” ruined it for me. The desperation to be the next Chris and Kem makes me happy to have the friendships In the background.
Liberty was the fakest of her pair with jake. She seen he was in Bottom 3 at the pool party. Knew she wasn't going to win then faked the whole break up to get the most publicity and attention days before the final. She knew coming 5th 6th or whatever wouldn't get her the publicity. All about keeping it real and being true to herself. Her photos look nothing like her

Reactions: 20
Why is tiktok just full of montages for Gemma and Luca or Jacques and Paige? The youth of today 😩:ROFLMAO: no point even bothering with the rest as clearly one of these two couples will win. It’s always what fiat 500 want :ROFLMAO:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
i’ve seen ppl talking about this contract, can someone elaborate? what contract??
It's all speculative on my part but I would not be surprised if as per the agreement with ITV of going on the show that certain things / limited exposure has been agreed with her & MO. Hearing about this 'Daughters of Footballers' show that someone mentioned above (sounds very ITV Be), they sound very much in cahoots with her. It's probably all set up for Gemma and Luca (or whoever) to win.

It would be nice to see a couple that's not 'Fiat 500' endorsed win the show.

Reactions: 7
Liberty was the fakest of her pair with jake. She seen he was in Bottom 3 at the pool party. Knew she wasn't going to win then faked the whole break up to get the most publicity and attention days before the final. She knew coming 5th 6th or whatever wouldn't get her the publicity. All about keeping it real and being true to herself. Her photos look nothing like her
Agree completely. She was the absolute worst.

Reactions: 8
i really wish there were more close female friendships like amber-anna-yewande or liberty-kaz
this szn doesn’t have that, from what we’ve seen, there was the scene with indiyah and paige but yk. none of them defend each other or stick up for each other much, and what makes it worse is that the boys do with their pack mentality. i do think the girls get on and everything but there’s always that one friendhip that’s really close and i can’t see it this year
Oh my god, the lack of girl code in this series is so apparent! It's a very cold and cut-throat atmosphere, especially if you're not an OG.

The way the girls were like a pack of wolves with Ekin-Sun last week when they just rounded on her and Amber/Gemma went for it and the others just all sat to watch but no one had her back. But she's been really kind and empathetic with the girls whenever anyone has needed advice or a shoulder to cry on. ES is made of stern stuff, but the goading and disgusting digs from Luca/Jacques/Davide must really take it's toll.

Likewise Danica. She has had a really raw deal in there (entrance aside and the producers probably goaded her into that).
Davide was a proper c**t to her with that aggressive, forced upon kiss and the recoupling and no one had her back or showed sympathy. If it did happen, they chose not to air it.

There is a very uncomfortable misogynistic and aggressive vibe in the villa this year and to quote several posters most of the men this year are trash. Just very frustrating watching this year to see the double standards and downright bullying going on by the lads towards some of the women. Luca and Dami confronting Tasha like that was just out of order. Don't get me started on Jacques / Luca / Davide and their awful comments and treatment to ES and Danica. ITV should not be enabling this. This post has got me riled up. But I think when the show is over, we are going to hear some uncomfortable accounts from some of the women.

One of the posters earlier this afternoon had it spot on about Gemma acting like a head "mafia / mob wife". Just a very smug air about her and her endorsing the behaviour of Luca and Jacques. Ugh.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Apparently there is a show lined up called daughters of footballers, as a lot of the footballers Michael Owen’s era have daughters in their late teens, she is defo going to be in the final. It’s already set up in my opinion
Absolutely, I felt the same sort of way about Dani Dyer. There's no way these girls have been picked at random, fairly, from thousands of others that don't have famous parents. Yes, Gemma is a very pretty girl, but is she any more special than the thousands of other very pretty girls that have NON-famous parents?

I already subconsciously assumed that Gemma will be in the final, and she's going to coast through the series without any particular drama, or any sexual stuff that's anything more than just kissing, purely because it won't be allowed because of who her father is...not sure if he'd have the influence to dictate to ITV what's shown or what scenarios they put her in, but he's probably tried to. It's common knowledge that she already lined up to do certain things after LI, and this is all just to boost her profile after she comes out. Unsure if she'll win it, but definitely will be in the final

Last edited:
charlie is actually quite disdainful with ekin su and overly sarcastic in most of their conversations so far. hopefully she realises that and doesn't actually like him and is just playing along until a new guy comes in.

i hope andrew decides to get a grip and move on from tasha.
When he kept belittling her a little when he said she’ll go for anyone who’s available and she’s always open or something. Thought that was a bit disrespectful but I guess that’s the way she has put herself out there 😕😕

wow okay, didn’t know ppl had this view lol

Reactions: 1
Oh my god, the lack of girl code in this series is so apparent! It's a very cold and cutthroat atmosphere, especially if you're not an OG.

The way the girls were like a pack of wolves with Ekin-Sun last week when they just rounded on her and Amber/Gemma went for it and the others just all sat to watch but no one had her back. But she's been really kind and empathetic with the girls whenever anyone has needed advice or a shoulder to cry on. ES is made of stern stuff, but the goading and disgusting digs from Luca/Jacques/Davide must really take it's toll.

Likewise Danica. She has had a really raw deal in there (entrance aside and the producers probably goaded her into that).
Davide was a proper c**t to her with that aggressive, forced upon kiss and the recoupling and no one had her back or showed sympathy. If it did happen, they chose not to air it.

There is a very uncomfortable misogynistic and aggressive vibe in the villa this year and to quote several posters most of the men this year are trash. Just very frustrating watching this year to see the double standards and downright bullying going on by the lads towards some of the women. Luca and Dami confronting Tashs like that was just out of order. Don't get me started on Jacques / Luca / Davide and their awful comments and treatment to ES and Danica. ITV should not be enabling this. This post has got me riled up. But I think when the show is over, we are going to hear some uncomfortable accounts from some of the women.

One of the posters earlier this afternoon had it spot on about Gemma acting like a head "mafia / mob wife". Just a very smug air about her and her endorsing the behaviour of Luca and Jacques. Ugh.
yes, islanders always come out and expose/reveal something. i think this year will have the most😭 some ppl blame ekin su for saying she doesn’t want seasonal girlfriends but like thats a bombshells job, most of them say something like that, just to intimidate them. but yes i swear theres no girl code. luca and jax can do whatever they want to the girls and paige and gemma will not care lol. but if one of the girls does something the boys all have that persons back. it’s embarrassing to watch

Reactions: 4
When he kept belittling her a little when he said she’ll go for anyone who’s available and she’s always open or something. Thought that was a bit disrespectful but I guess that’s the way she has put herself out there 😕😕
Yes absolutely! Charlie has said quite a few barbed and below the belt comments to Ekin-Su disguised as banter / flirting and she has either just not registered or been listening properly to his chatter or she's just letting it go. I guess at this point, she feels she has no other option than to put up with him in the hope that someone more suitable comes in for her. But it's sad and pretty disrespectful.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.