Love Island 2021 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m confused by the love for Chloe from several of you? I find her so annoying! Her voice, the constant hair flicking… the fact that she thinks she’s irresistible… the fact she went back to that pleb Toby… nah not my cup of tea at all 👎🥴
I can’t stand her! She just seems like she’s off her face all the time and she needs to put her tongue away!! It’s always out or down tobys throat and it’s just 🤮😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Teddy Teddy Teddy….. why?!
I hope he hasn't been sucked into the producers panicky attempts to show how horrible Faye has been 'rehabilitated' :unsure:
Anything to stop the Ofcom complaints and show how abuse and MH concerns can be neatly resolved.
Faye will not put a foot out of line for the rest of the series.
Or if she does it won't be shown.

Reactions: 13
I’m confused by the love for Chloe from several of you? I find her so annoying! Her voice, the constant hair flicking… the fact that she thinks she’s irresistible… the fact she went back to that pleb Toby… nah not my cup of tea at all 👎🥴
TBF, I think if the cast was any good I wouldn’t like her, but when it’s such slim pickings….

Reactions: 7
I saw a clip where Wez said the producers will share clips of sex if the islanders talk about it so a lot do stuff or don’t talk about it and presumably is why they have the NVQ thing so the producers can’t show it because it’s not been outright said.

Reactions: 5
Bret looks like one of those guys that goes abroad to be a club/ bar promoter trying to get you in with a free sex on the beach .maybe that's where they found him 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Bret looks like one of those guys that goes abroad to be a club/ bar promoter trying to get you in with a free sex on the beach .maybe that's where they found him 😅
Like a character from the inbetweeners movie 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I thought last night was the most boring episode and agree parts looked staged.. however I like Faye and as I have wrote previously I relate a lot to the way I was at her age etc..

What I don’t understand is when people think aww she is doing this because of producers but when she kicks off that is all her with no producer involvement.. we seen the article about how it took 5 times to shoot a kiss for Hugo we don’t know how we are being manipulated by what we see.

I thought the interview with Dale saying Faye was the person he was closest to and how she was funny with a great personality also Sam said the same on aftersun.. I think in previous seasons we have seen lots of the fun stuff and friendships but I wouldn’t even have know that Dale and Faye had spoken.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I’ve been a devotee of LI since Season 1.
It’s annoyed me, I’ve found it fascinating, at times it got a bit silly but I have never found myself bring indifferent. Last night was the first time ever I gave up before the end and viewed elsewhere.
I will watch to the end, I expect I’ll bail halfway through most of the episodes but if I don’t watch I can’t join in here, that I would miss.
Never has a series of Love Island been ruined by one contestant.. it’s not even the contestant herself (no further comment on that) .. it’s production’s view that we will be bewitched by the story of “redemption”.🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I thought last night was the most boring episode and agree parts looked staged.. however I like Faye and as I have wrote previously I relate a lot to the way I was at her age etc..

What I don’t understand is when people think aww she is doing this because of producers but when she kicks off that is all her with no producer involvement.. we seen the article about how it took 5 times to shoot a kiss for Hugo we don’t know how we are being manipulated by what we see.

I thought the interview with Dale saying Faye was the person he was closest to and how she was funny with a great personality also Sam said the same on aftersun.. I think in previous seasons we have seen lots of the fun stuff and friendships but I wouldn’t even have know that Dale and Faye had spoken.

100% I find it strange that people (not just here but in general) get so invested in liking or hating a character and thinking they know them so well. For example there are people who will defend Kaz to death regardless of her behaviour and manufacture excuses when they haven't a notion of what goes on behind the scenes.

I mean I can often relate to people, or form an opinion on someone but as time progresses it might change. I loved Kaz and Liberty and their friendship to begin with, now I find them a bit tedious to watch. Didn't like Chloe or Toby either individually or together and now I like them both.

There is a really good fiction series about the crew behind a dating show in the US called UNreal. Gives a good insight to what can go on behind the scenes, how production teams can manipulate cast and the competition that goes on between producers etc

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Poor brett. A pair of crocs would have been better than those 'just putting the bins out' trainers.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
100% I find it strange that people (not just here but in general) get so invested in liking or hating a character and thinking they know them so well. For example there are people who will defend Kaz to death regardless of her behaviour and manufacture excuses when they haven't a notion of what goes on behind the scenes.

I mean I can often relate to people, or form an opinion on someone but as time progresses it might change. I loved Kaz and Liberty and their friendship to begin with, now I find them a bit tedious to watch. Didn't like Chloe or Toby either individually or together and now I like them both.

There is a really good fiction series about the crew behind a dating show in the US called UNreal. Gives a good insight to what can go on behind the scenes, how production teams can manipulate cast and the competition that goes on between producers etc
It's so strange!! I'd never hate or love someone that I have never met. I also wouldn't blindly defend someone because I see myself in them.
People do crappy things, calling that behaviour out as being crappy shouldn't feel like an attack on you 🤷‍♀️
People still bring up Chloe's intro video about texting a married man as if she deserves to be hung for it when to me I wouldn't take anything said in those videos seriously at all.
At the end of the day all you can do is judge people for the actions and behaviour you actually witness.
I don't like Faye's behaviour but I'm not going to try and cancel her or send nasty messages to her. It's her behaviour that's the problem and the behaviour shouldn't have been supported by the producers. It should never have been aired, end of.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.