Love Island 2021 #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are not enough words to explain the reasons why Faye doesn’t deserve Teddy. Too many nice men are taken by nasty, unappreciative women - this is a prime example

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I was nodding at your wisdom then remembered my true hatred of Hugo.
😂😂😂 well aslong as you aren't acting on it in any way it's fine like!! Some people can just rub you up the wrong way for whatever reason 🙈 I'm trying to think who I irrationally hate now too...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
100% I find it strange that people (not just here but in general) get so invested in liking or hating a character and thinking they know them so well. For example there are people who will defend Kaz to death regardless of her behaviour and manufacture excuses when they haven't a notion of what goes on behind the scenes.

I mean I can often relate to people, or form an opinion on someone but as time progresses it might change. I loved Kaz and Liberty and their friendship to begin with, now I find them a bit tedious to watch. Didn't like Chloe or Toby either individually or together and now I like them both.

There is a really good fiction series about the crew behind a dating show in the US called UNreal. Gives a good insight to what can go on behind the scenes, how production teams can manipulate cast and the competition that goes on between producers etc
It’s an interesting point, but ultimately these shows have to get the audience to form strong opinions on the cast. They’re bidding for your attention for an hour every single day and that’s quite a big ask when you think about it. The only way they can get you to keep on watching is for you to invest in the characters, either through rooting for them or through hating them.

There has to be a villain and there has to be a victim or there isn’t a story. In the same way there has to be “drama” otherwise it’s boring.

Edit to add: there is no excuse or reason why you’d act on these feelings to the point you actually contact the cast through social media and issue them death threats though. I think a lot of time the people that do this don’t even watch the show, they just follow along conversations on Twitter and then send the messages after because they get a buzz from doing it.

Reactions: 13
It's so strange!! I'd never hate or love someone that I have never met. I also wouldn't blindly defend someone because I see myself in them.
People do crappy things, calling that behaviour out as being crappy shouldn't feel like an attack on you 🤷‍♀️
People still bring up Chloe's intro video about texting a married man as if she deserves to be hung for it when to me those I wouldn't take anything said in those videos seriously at all.
At the end of the day all you can do is judge people for the actions and behaviour you actually witness.
I don't like Faye's behaviour but I'm not going to try and cancel her or send nasty messages to her. It's her behaviour that's the problem and the behaviour shouldn't have been supported by the producers. It should never have been aired, end of.
Also people angry with Faye’s behaviour are reacting just as bad in some cases even worse.. how can you criticise her for over reacting when they are choosing to react to an hour long heavily edited TV show.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It’s an interesting point, but ultimately these shows have to get the audience to form strong opinions on the cast. They’re bidding for your attention for an hour every single day and that’s quite a big ask when you think about it. The only way they can get you to keep on watching is for you to invest in the characters, either through rooting for them or through hating them.

There has to be a villain and there has to be a victim or there isn’t a story. In the same way there has to be “drama” otherwise it’s boring.
Yeah I do get that, it has to be emotive, we need to be emotionally invested in order to stay engaged with the show but I just think some people take it way too far!!
I wouldn't presume to think I really know any of these people and I keep my criticisms to here. I would never dream of saying something awful to them in a private message or reversly try to get a photo with them cause I don't actually know them.

Also people angry with Faye’s behaviour are reacting just as bad in some cases even worse.. how can you criticise her for over reacting when they are choosing to react to an hour long heavily edited TV show.
**edit cause I missunderstood: yes becoming abusive to someone because you don't like their behaviour is hypocritical. The issue is the behaviour not the person. The behaviour, should be condemned but I see a difference between a person's actions and their value as a human.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Yeah I do get that, it has to be emotive, we need to be emotionally invested in order to stay engaged with the show but I just think some people take it way too far!!
I wouldn't presume to think I really know any of these people and I keep my criticisms to here. I would never dream of saying something awful to them in a private message or reversly try to get a photo with them cause I don't actually know them.
Yeah, I totally agree with you. I don’t even follow any of them on social media 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don’t get where the switch in people’s head is that goes “you have the right to message this person with abuse”.

I guess the argument is that they’ve put themselves out there on a show which encourages you to judge them (through the votes and the way the show is portrayed). So people will.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yeah, I totally agree with you. I don’t even follow any of them on social media 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don’t get where the switch in people’s head is that goes “you have the right to message this person with abuse”.

I guess the argument is that they’ve put themselves out there on a show which encourages you to judge them (through the votes and the way the show is portrayed). So people will.
Yeah, I guess it just comes down to people being really angry with life and abusing these people to make themselves feel better. It's sad really!
I do follow some of them on social media but I tend to unfollow once they come out of the villa and take back control of their own accounts. Some of them are very boring 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I really wanted them to bring someone in for Liberty - who would woo her and show her appreciation. It could have happened that she would be turned - 24/7 together a decent guy could have made her turn

• Heart
Reactions: 7
This season has been so dead! After the islanders got to choose who went home again at the club house that was it for me. Won’t be watching anymore. Jake or Tyler should have gone and so should Kaz.

If Teddy has forgiven Faye he is either smitten or he wants to win. Can’t work it out yet.

Reactions: 14

Edit to add: there is no excuse or reason why you’d act on these feelings to the point you actually contact the cast through social media and issue them death threats though. I think a lot of time the people that do this don’t even watch the show, they just follow along conversations on Twitter and then send the messages after because they get a buzz from doing it.

Well yes but there is a villain/hero or drama of some sort in every tv show or movie, it's still not reality!

I listen to morning after podcast and Kem and Arielle seem to be missing a lot this season. Today they both missed the episode and The replacements they’re using to fill in for them are awful.

Usually lurk on the LI threads but jumping in to say I just seen this on Facebook:

Blatant damage control! Faye isn't nasty... Yeah, right. The way she spoke to Matt and Dale as well was disgusting and unnecessary. She's mean, a hypocrite and a bully; there's no excuse for that, sorry. We all have insecurities and traumas to varying extents.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
But Dale seems to love her and I remember Brad said he was closest to her out of all the girls yet if you watched the show you wouldn’t think they got on… I hate how the Faye storyline played out but you’d wonder if maybe she’s a nice person to everyone else bar Teddy.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.