Louise Pentland #21 Disney too expensive?! Oh dear! You just need a new social media career!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I got highlights as a treat when I was 11 so I’ve never even considered that that would be too young! (My sister was doing her salon training and so I WAS a living hairstyling head so maybe that’s different haha!).
I think posting anything about your kids online, especially if you have a big enough following, will bring about people judging/asking questions etc.
The thing is, Louise can just uniformly call all criticism as just coming from the “parent police” and ignoring it. She can justify any messages of concern she gets about real things (like using her kids for content and an income) because people also criticise small things like her kid getting baby lights. You can tell she anticipates it and she’s defensive, and just groups valid criticism in with stuff like this

Reactions: 11
If she has a problem with the parenting police, maybe she shouldn’t post her children online and use them for content.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I would say it is fairly normal for girls that age to have their hair dyed. I started going to the hairdressers for lowlights at about 13 and from seeing young teens around (my eldest is 13) I wouldn’t find it unusual to see coloured hair. But as always if she doesn’t want people to comment on her parenting choice then stop putting them on the internet for people to judge. Nobody would have even noticed but of course she has to turn it into content,

Reactions: 13
If she has a problem with the parenting police, maybe she shouldn’t post her children online and use them for content.
yeah, that's exactly it. nobody CARES that she allowed her 12 year old to get highlights - it's not as though she's a toddler, and 12 is an age where it is really just an individual decision for parents, like ear piercings etc in that some will be fine with it and others will think 12 is too young - but for Louise, it is all just an opportunity for content.

she knows she may get the odd DM or comment questioning her decision, so she totally plays on that by addressing the "parenting police" in her caption, because she knows damn well it will boost engagement, with her followers responding by leaving comments and sending DMs to reassure her to take no notice of other people's negative opinions and tell her that she is a great mum for allowing Darcy to have her hair dyed as she wants it etc etc.

it's all about exploiting the girls for content, and THAT is the issue - not the highlights. people have every right to criticise her "parenting decision" when it involves refusing to respect her daughters' privacy. 🙄

She’s so passive agressive. Dying your 12 year old’s hair to make it blonder isn’t ‘the parent police’ being a problem, it’s you Louise

so the super amazing thing is… *drumroll please*… darcy got highlights. no no, sorry, babylights. sums it up well really considering louise still treats her like a 5 year old
They’re definitely baby lights, so her followers think they’re suitable for baby glitter.

I genuinely forgot Darcy was 12, she dresses and is treated like she’s about 8 so I was a bit shocked seeing the highlights. I think secondary school age is appropriate to start experimenting with highlights etc

Reactions: 20
Personally thought it had looked previously that Darcy may have had highlights. If she didn’t share photos of her then she would have no need to comment re thought police.
She just can’t wait for her to be old enough to be just the two of them exploring life

Reactions: 3
Darcys birthday party seems to be on Charlotte belle tobins story on Instagram. It looks all glitz n glam. Men in suits and women done up. Pink velvet ropes lining up the walkway.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Darcys birthday party seems to be on Charlotte belle tobins story on Instagram. It looks all glitz n glam. Men in suits and women done up. Pink velvet ropes lining up the walkway.
What a strange party for a 12 year old...

Reactions: 26
Genuinely thought it might have been Louise's wedding for a minute when I saw her in a white dress and Liam in black tie. Nope... just a ridiculously over the top birthday party for a 13(?) year old!

Reactions: 22
it looks like a PR party event for your kid? So bleeping weird.

Reactions: 24
Omg just came on here to talk about Darcy’s party. When I turned 13 (albeit over 10 years ago) I had a disco with my school friends in a village hall. Fine if she wants a party where you have to dress up, but why is it just full of adults? Even if family has been invited, why is Louise’s manager there? Just screams that she wants a huge showy party so has invited everyone in her phonebook 🙄

Reactions: 22
Is it 13 you have to be to use Instagram? Maybe it's like a 'launching her Instagram career' party and Lady Louise has invited all her contacts to help give her a leg up. It's awful, is nothing being learnt from all these child stars who are talking about all the abuse they suffered, and that was without the Internet....all these young girls who have been forced online are going to be used to validation from strangers online and making things look picture perfect, people commenting on their appearance and their life. it's going to have such an awful impact on mental health surely. Maybe I'm being dramatic, but I don't see any good coming from it. (If that's what it is, of course)

Reactions: 18
Omg just came on here to talk about Darcy’s party. When I turned 13 (albeit over 10 years ago) I had a disco with my school friends in a village hall. Fine if she wants a party where you have to dress up, but why is it just full of adults? Even if family has been invited, why is Louise’s manager there? Just screams that she wants a huge showy party so has invited everyone in her phonebook 🙄
Yeah same, 12/13 was the last sort of age I wanted to have sleepovers before it became 'uncool'. It feels like Darcy is being forced to grow up too fast.

Reactions: 9
just went for a snoop. always thought darcy looked quite a bit like matt but my god since she got those highlights she’s basically completed her transition into louise’s mini me 😳

Reactions: 12
SO WEIRD.
I’m also thinking back on when Matt/Devon’s profiles were open and you could see that Darcy dressed completely differently at their house- she looked her age and even wore *gasp* black and things with no frills!

I’d imagine now with the massive emphasis on the performing arts thing that she’s Louise’s mini me full time. Though obviously that’s just speculation.

I remember my 13th birthday was going to a theme park. I wore a graphic tee with snoopy on it and thought I looked incredibly cool. But that’s still cooler than spending my birthday taking selfies with my mums middle aged friends.

Reactions: 21
just went for a snoop. always thought darcy looked quite a bit like matt but my god since she got those highlights she’s basically completed her transition into louise’s mini me 😳
Oh yeah, she’s got the teeth and everything!

Reactions: 5
Can you imagine your kid being invited to a 13th birthday and the dress code is unironically black tie for the adults?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.