Louise Pentland #16 £1000 on her charity project, £3000 on ugly xmas decorations that last a month

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off topic slightly but related to the above point.

I’m four months pregnant and my baby boy is having a fully honoured name after mine and my partner’s Grandads. His first name will be my (living) Grandad’s name - Grandad is 90 and my absolute hero. He’s named after his dad, and so on and so on.

The second name is my parents’ Grandads who I was fortunate enough to meet and love (fortunately they share the name!) and the third name is my partner’s Grandad - which my partner and his dad also have as their middle names.

Do you think the massive age difference, and the fact the second two people being honoured are no longer with us, will help our boy find his own identity?

I’m just named my name because my parents liked it and I’ve always wanted a story / a namesake so that explains my choice but your point does make sense and I’m a little concerned now.
It’s definitely a personal choice and unique to your family. We weren’t going to at all but we decided to use my husbands grandpa’s name as our sons middle name, it just felt right. He has passed on and did not meet our son. It’s a somewhat unique name and we don’t think it will be weird for our son. Naming another human is hard! Do what feels best for you and don’t overthink it!

Had a quick look into that referral link she sent. For every person who signs up using her link, she gets 20p. May not seem like much but considering she has 3.3mil followers, she can definitely make a pretty penny from it

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Doesn’t even bother to respond to us mere mortals, just those who will increase her own
following. Time to take a break-becoming irrelevant in these current times.

Reactions: 3
Had a quick look into that referral link she sent. For every person who signs up using her link, she gets 20p. May not seem like much but considering she has 3.3mil followers, she can definitely make a pretty penny from it
With her engagement she’ll probably make about 60p 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Of course she’s stressed about all the new reception mums coming over 😂 She doesn’t want to show off her new house or anything!

Reactions: 7
The craft thing seems like a super nice idea but I can't help feel like she's just doing it because she wants to give people the impression that she's some organised wonder woman mum.

Reactions: 10
louise sharing the link to the survey app put quite a sour taste in my mouth. yes it will benefit her followers who are struggling financially, but the fact that she’ll be profiting off it with her ponsey affiliate links? yes, there will be millions of people struggling this christmas louise, well spotted, but not you hey as you’ll be spending 4 million quid on getting your house decorated and ‘matchy matchy’ outfits for your children, despite what your older child may want. (sorry, my period is due so i’m grumpy) 😂 but all of what i said is true.
she makes a point of stating that it isn't an ad and she isn't working for the brand etc - yet shares it as an affiliate link. she's purposefully trying to mislead people in making a huge deal out of the fact she's "not associated with the app" and "not working with the brand", as though she is simply sharing it out of kindness and to help her followers - yet she's making money due to sharing it as an aff link and many people won't be aware of that what that means, or that it earns her money!

if you're going to make a point of supposedly being honest Louise, than at least actually be genuinely truthful. she has purposefully concealed the name of the app to that people can't simply search it out themselves without clicking her links nd earning her money - even if they don't even end up using it! i have no doubt the app may help some of her followers, but the way she's shared it is incredibly sneaky and manipulative, encouraging people to use it not because she cares - as she's attempting to imply - but because it benefits her. 🤷🏻‍♂️

So this might be a bit random but did she just invite the girls from the new reception class? It looked like she didn't cater to any boys. She totally did that to be a queen bee mum and set the tone for the year.

So this might be a bit random but did she just invite the girls from the new reception class? It looked like she didn't cater to any boys. She totally did that to be a queen bee mum and set the tone for the year.
God could you imagine having to deal with her being one of the parents in your kids class? She’d be on a whole other level of “busybody bugging the teacher every morning” mum and commandeering every single school event that she could.

Reactions: 10
It’s a private all girls school

Reactions: 3
It really bothers me that she won't share anything about her kitchen reno because 'it hasn't gone as expected.'

Like how does she not realise that sharing honest experiences of relatable things might be what her audience actually want? Why does she constantly want to portray this shiny, 'insta perfect' life when nobody can relate to that and it actually just puts people off her. I'm sure a lot of people could actually relate to the ups and downs of renovating.
This exactly! (y)

The thing is with the matching outfits, it’s not actually the fact that they’re matching that bothers me. I have two girls with a 7 years ago gap so sort of similar, and while I don’t out and out match them, occasionally I’ll get them the same pyjamas (standard shorts and T-shirt type) and on holiday they had the same swimming costume- standard navy blue with a colourful stripe down the side. The thing that bothers me about Louise’s matching is… the outfits are absolutely hideous 😆😆 If she had them in matching leggings or jeans and ordinary colourful T-shirts probably no one would comment. If she put Darcy in those horrid Tory-MP-wife dresses on her own, not matching anyone, people would still comment how hideous and inappropriate for an 11 year old girl to wear. The fact she puts them both in such awful clothes just adds an extra layer 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
It’s a private all girls school
is Pearl going to the same school as Darcy? i did wonder, because obvs Darcy goes there because Matt is a teacher, so she presumably gets a discount on fees. i assumed Louise would also choose a private same school for Pearl, but wondered if it would be somewhere different. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 4
is Pearl going to the same school as Darcy? i did wonder, because obvs Darcy goes there because Matt is a teacher, so she presumably gets a discount on fees. i assumed Louise would also choose a private same school for Pearl, but wondered if it would be somewhere different. 🤷🏻‍♂️
She would likely get a sibling discount if she went to the same one

Reactions: 2
Ooh good point, I just assumed.

If she's mentioned it's a private girls school, that's the only one in the area I can think of, plenty of co -educational independent schools in the area though (I went to one of them, I'm not just a weirdo who knows too much about the school options in the area)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.