Louise Pentland #16 £1000 on her charity project, £3000 on ugly xmas decorations that last a month

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off topic slightly but related to the above point.

I’m four months pregnant and my baby boy is having a fully honoured name after mine and my partner’s Grandads. His first name will be my (living) Grandad’s name - Grandad is 90 and my absolute hero. He’s named after his dad, and so on and so on.

The second name is my parents’ Grandads who I was fortunate enough to meet and love (fortunately they share the name!) and the third name is my partner’s Grandad - which my partner and his dad also have as their middle names.

Do you think the massive age difference, and the fact the second two people being honoured are no longer with us, will help our boy find his own identity?

I’m just named my name because my parents liked it and I’ve always wanted a story / a namesake so that explains my choice but your point does make sense and I’m a little concerned now.
Its obviously up to you what you name your child.
Everyone I know who is named the same first name as their family doesn't like it. I've only met one person who didn't like having the same middle name as family.
Ive got 3 kids and their middle name is all family names. Eldest has my husbands papas name, my middle has my grans name and my youngest has my great grans name.

I would also consider if you are planning to have any more kids, are you planning to also give them honoured names? It may feel odd for them if one gets a completely honoured name and the others just get names you like

Reactions: 7
Its obviously up to you what you name your child.
Everyone I know who is named the same first name as their family doesn't like it. I've only met one person who didn't like having the same middle name as family.
Ive got 3 kids and their middle name is all family names. Eldest has my husbands papas name, my middle has my grans name and my youngest has my great grans name.

I would also consider if you are planning to have any more kids, are you planning to also give them honoured names? It may feel odd for them if one gets a completely honoured name and the others just get names you like
Yes! All of our names are honouring someone. So that was me, my brother’s name is sentimental and that’s (partly) why I’m doing things this way. On top of the fact boys names never really go out of fashion, my Grandad is my favourite person in the whole world and his name works for babies all the way up to 90! I have VERY unique name and can’t imagine being over 40 with my name tbh!

so in her stories about clearing out the girls room, she says she's taking stuff to charity and then says if anyone is in the Northampton area to go and check the charity shops because there will be a bunch of stuff from them....

what is she expecting the charity shops to then have lines going out the door of her "fans" wanting her daughters old things? 😂 pls, let people who actually need the stuff to get it louise, wowee

Reactions: 6
I know this will be controversial and people will disagree WHICH IS FINE, but in my personal opinion I could never give my second child the same middle name as my first. Especially when I spend so much of my time publicly declaring how hard the second child is. It gives Pearl no personal identity, she’s just Darcy II.
i think Louise very much hoped for a Darcy 2.0 when she found out she was pregnant with another girl. she hoped for another compliant, people-pleasing little girl who she could control and dress up like a little doll and pose for content, but she very much got the opposite, in the Pearl is far more fiesty and strong willed and far to energetic for Lady Louise. hence the way she's constantly comparing the girls, with the implication that Darcy is a perfect little lady, whilst Pearl very much is not. she often refers to Pearl as "wild", but said in a way that implies disapproval and resentment - even in the way the two girls sit on the train, in terms of Darcy's posed, forced, rigid posture and Pearl slumped back in her seat, just chilling after a tiring day out. Darcy complies with all Louise's expectations and demands, because she knows it is expected of her whereas Pearl gives zero fucks and Louise hates that. it's totally going to backfire as Darcy grows up, and begins to Rebel against all Louise's expectations and the pressure to act a certain way and pose for photos on demand and wear frilly dresses. Louise won't know what's hit her, when she essentially ends up with a teen Pearl 2.0! 🤣

as for the middle name thing, i wouldn't give my kids the same middle name either - because i would want them to have their own individual identities. i get it to an extent, in the way that Louise wanted to honor her mother in both girl's names - but Jane was her mother's middle name, so she could have used her first name as Pearl's middle. there was no need to give them the exact same name - but Louise would undoubtedly justify it will the whole "blended family...wanted Darcy to feel included....wanted the sisters to have a bond and a connection...blah blah" excuse - as though the fact that they are literal sisters doesn't ensure they have a sisterly bond. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 14
i think Louise very much hoped for a Darcy 2.0 when she found out she was pregnant with another girl. she hoped for another compliant, people-pleasing little girl who she could control and dress up like a little doll and pose for content, but she very much got the opposite, in the Pearl is far more fiesty and strong willed and far to energetic for Lady Louise. hence the way she's constantly comparing the girls, with the implication that Darcy is a perfect little lady, whilst Pearl very much is not. she often refers to Pearl as "wild", but said in a way that implies disapproval and resentment - even in the way the two girls sit on the train, in terms of Darcy's posed, forced, rigid posture and Pearl slumped back in her seat, just chilling after a tiring day out. Darcy complies with all Louise's expectations and demands, because she knows it is expected of her whereas Pearl gives zero fucks and Louise hates that. it's totally going to backfire as Darcy grows up, and begins to Rebel against all Louise's expectations and the pressure to act a certain way and pose for photos on demand and wear frilly dresses. Louise won't know what's hit her, when she essentially ends up with a teen Pearl 2.0! 🤣

as for the middle name thing, i wouldn't give my kids the same middle name either - because i would want them to have their own individual identities. i get it to an extent, in the way that Louise wanted to honor her mother in both girl's names - but Jane was her mother's middle name, so she could have used her first name as Pearl's middle. there was no need to give them the exact same name - but Louise would undoubtedly justify it will the whole "blended family...wanted Darcy to feel included....wanted the sisters to have a bond and a connection...blah blah" excuse - as though the fact that they are literal sisters doesn't ensure they have a sisterly bond. 🤦🏻‍♀️
In fairness to Louise, she did say at the time that because her girls have different surnames, and potentially they’ll change again in the future (if they get married etc) she wanted to have something that tied them together. I get it for this reason, but the assumption of similar personalities / Darcy 2:0 rings true too - though that could just be an (awful) coincidence.

Reactions: 5
In fairness to Louise, she did say at the time that because her girls have different surnames, and potentially they’ll change again in the future (if they get married etc) she wanted to have something that tied them together. I get it for this reason, but the assumption of similar personalities / Darcy 2:0 rings true too - though that could just be an (awful) coincidence.
i wonder if she'd ended up having two daughters with Matt, she would have given them both the same middle name - because by that logic, even two sisters with the same original surname may change their names in the future. honestly, i doubt it, because i think she'd perceive the fact they were sisters as enough of a connection that would tie them together, as such. the way she talks about Darcy and Pearl needed connections - in the form of matching middle names and matching clothing etc - i get the impression she perceives the fact that they are half sisters as an issue in a way that Darcy and Pearl don't - sure, there's an age difference, but they've literally grown up together, live in the same house much of the time, supposedly share a bedroom etc - i'm sure from their perspective, they are very much sisters, full stop. Louise seems to fixate on the blended family/different surnames/half sisters/needing Darcy to feel included in such an extreme manner than i doubt even affects Darcy.

i would understand it more if there was an extreme age difference and they were brought up separately in different houses, or one was an adult while the other was a child etc, as the bond between them may not be as strong - but that isn't the case, and i wonder whether Louise's focus on this as an issue is influenced by her own childhood and growing up with a half sister who is twelve years younger, who she perhaps didn't have much of a sisterly relationship with when they were younger, or didn't feel connected to - especially with the way her step mum treated her, as i'm sure that impacted their relationship growing up, even if they get on well now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: 12
Dont see the issue of both girlsbhaving the same middle name.

One of my middle names is half of my younger sisters first name (she has a hyphenated first name) neither of us have ever cared that we both have the same name in our names

Reactions: 3
She really likes to drive the blended family thing doesn't she...I hope she doesn't make any where near as much of a deal about it to Darcy as she does on her insta, because if anything is going to make her feel 'super part of the family' it's not being reminded of it every 2 minutes, not wearing the same ugly dresses as her baby sis.

Reactions: 11
I don’t see the issue with the girls having the same middle name. I mentioned upthread my middle name is the same as every one of my half brothers - I dislike this as it is a traditionally masculine name, but, I like the connection it gives to me and my siblings. But I think because both the girls’ lives are so enmeshed (they both do dance, they both wear the same clothing, they both share a room) it’s different - it’s like louise is seeing them as the same person and not allowing them to develop their own individuality and have something that is *theirs* and only theirs.

Reactions: 4
I have the same middle name as my mum, which is a family name that about 7 women in the extended family have as either a first or middle name but I do get that it’s a bit less than completely identical middle names for siblings.

All Louise is doing is making it obvious that she doesn’t actually think her girls are sister-sisters because they have different dads. I don’t know what this says about her own relationship with her half sister.

I don’t think anyone but her gives a toss that they have different dads, they’re sisters even if they’re in different clothes!

Reactions: 10
I had a dress ( with puffed sleeves and a flower print, but no big bow) that matched one of my sisters’ when she was 3/4 and I was 8 or 9, but that is the only time I have worn the same outfit as her!
I don’t have a middle name or children, but I can see myself using a female version of my paternal grandfather’s middle name for a girl ( with either paternal or maternal grandma’s name as a middle name) and maternal grandfather’s first name ( which was actually his nickname) as a son’s first name and paternal grandfather’s first name for a middle name.
One of my uni mates has a female version of her dad’s first name as her middle ( it’s just a different spelling at the end)), her brother has a granpa’s name as his middle, and her sister has grandma’s or mum’s first name as her middle name.
My brother and his wife are having a baby girl in November, and my sister-in-law has two middle names ( like me, my brother doesn’t have one) , so I wonder if my niece will have one, two or no middle names.
I wish Louise had chosen mum’s first name for Darcy’s middle and used her mum’s middle name for Pearl, or vice-versa, to give them a bit of individuality.
If I were a betting woman, I would put money on Darcy definitely not really wanting to match her sister, Louise just suggested it and Darcy is too much of a people-pleaser to say no/disagree.

I have the same middle name as my mum, which is a family name that about 7 women in the extended family have as either a first or middle name but I do get that it’s a bit less than completely identical middle names for siblings.

All Louise is doing is making it obvious that she doesn’t actually think her girls are sister-sisters because they have different dads. I don’t know what this says about her own relationship with her half sister.

I don’t think anyone but her gives a toss that they have different dads, they’re sisters even if they’re in different clothes!
yes, explains it perfectly. Louise definitely fixated on the fact that the girls aren't "full" sisters due to having different fathers, but it seems to be far more of an issue to her than the girls themselves - which only makes me think it is influenced by her own experiences and relationship with her own younger half sister when she was younger. it's the same as the way she makes a huge deal about wanted to ensure that Darcy feels part of the family and doesn't feel excluded - i don't think it's something Darcy really thinks about, but obvs when Louise was younger, she was part of a family where her father worked away, her step mother was abusive and obviously favoured her own daughter - Louise's half sister, who was far younger than her. in that respect, Louise likely felt excluded and that she didn't belong or feel like part of the family - entirely understandable, given the context but those insecurities Louise feels are very much being projected onto her own daughters in the way she's fixated on creating connections between them - like the matching clothes etc - which are totally unnecessary, as I have never got the impression that the girls see themselves as anything other than sisters. i genuinely think the half sisters and different fathers issue is entirely Louise's own, and she is actually the one who is potentially going to make Darcy feel "different" by placing so much focus on it. shi

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Is she that hard up she’s sharing affiliate links to earn money from a survey app 🙄

Reactions: 7
yes, explains it perfectly. Louise definitely fixated on the fact that the girls aren't "full" sisters due to having different fathers, but it seems to be far more of an issue to her than the girls themselves - which only makes me think it is influenced by her own experiences and relationship with her own younger half sister when she was younger. it's the same as the way she makes a huge deal about wanted to ensure that Darcy feels part of the family and doesn't feel excluded - i don't think it's something Darcy really thinks about, but obvs when Louise was younger, she was part of a family where her father worked away, her step mother was abusive and obviously favoured her own daughter - Louise's half sister, who was far younger than her. in that respect, Louise likely felt excluded and that she didn't belong or feel like part of the family - entirely understandable, given the context but those insecurities Louise feels are very much being projected onto her own daughters in the way she's fixated on creating connections between them - like the matching clothes etc - which are totally unnecessary, as I have never got the impression that the girls see themselves as anything other than sisters. i genuinely think the half sisters and different fathers issue is entirely Louise's own, and she is actually the one who is potentially going to make Darcy feel "different" by placing so much focus on it. shi
You’ve hit the nail on the head here. The person with the biggest issues and hang ups about “ blended families” is Louise. The girls seem to see each other as sisters (and I imagine they’ll continue to do so in spite of their mother’s issues with their family structure).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
louise sharing the link to the survey app put quite a sour taste in my mouth. yes it will benefit her followers who are struggling financially, but the fact that she’ll be profiting off it with her ponsey affiliate links? yes, there will be millions of people struggling this christmas louise, well spotted, but not you hey as you’ll be spending 4 million quid on getting your house decorated and ‘matchy matchy’ outfits for your children, despite what your older child may want. (sorry, my period is due so i’m grumpy) 😂 but all of what i said is true.

Reactions: 10
Don't know if this is slightly inappropriate but...

Thread suggestion: Louise Pentland #17 #FreeDarcy

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She must read here or has gotten dms about the outfits and deleted any comments coz I haven’t found any on her Insta

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.